XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

3 minutes ago, Solifuge said:

Hi,

after update to last version I got this error when booting up:

grub error symbol grub_disk_native_sectors not found.

I'm using VMware 6.5.

Could you please help me ?

Thank you

Solved switching from BIOS to UEFI in VMware VM option.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:28 PM, NooL said:

@fbelavenuto

Are there plans to include the RS4021xs option in the loader? :) 

Also any idea why memory usage would look like this in Proxmox: 

image.png.54b968b3f5ee3e4701b3fcdf6cc67db8.png

So 15GB ram used and 94%

While DSM only reports 3% used: 

image.thumb.png.54a503ccd401cf6183db045ececcd738.png

@NooL

Did you resolve this? TRPL didn't display this behaviour within Proxmox so I may switch back.

I have a google coral inserted in a PCIe slot and am trying to get it working for frigate in docker. I am running 918+ using ARPL

lspci -nn | grep 089a

gives something like this, device 1ac1:089a is listed although the first part is different 

03:00.0 System peripheral: Device 1ac1:089a

1)What are my chances of getting it working using the instructions? @https://coral.ai/docs/m2/get-started/#2b-on-windows 

2)The only other direction I can find is here https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/56198-coral-accelerator-with-dual-edge-tpu-pcie-docker/ and it states I have to compile the driver for my system is that correct?

3) A long time ago I compiled a driver for a camera and to get the proper make environment was problematic, dependency after dependency with certain versions required it was difficult. Has anybody done this and can they give direction for the google coral?

thanks for reading

• Like 1

This is absolutly not related at all with ARPL loader...

You are trying to do something that was never meant for on Synology...

So you probably won't have any help here.

You should better search for a topic about custom modules... Currently @fbelavenuto is away so don't expect to much help on a such specific case here in my opinion...

On 5/3/2023 at 12:57 AM, CopeyJC said:

@NooL

Did you resolve this? TRPL didn't display this behaviour within Proxmox so I may switch back.

IIRC the reason why it displays high memory usage is caused by VM previously committing that amount of RAM, it's quite interesting as TCRP doesn't exhibit the same phenomenon.

The one and the only solution to have accurate memory consumption counter/display on PVE is to have "QEMU Guest Agent" installed in VM, though I haven't seen any implementations in Xpe. It's also the reason why the "memory ballooning" option does nothing.

• Like 1

Hi All! 

I use DS3622xs+ without any problem, but last weekend tried DVA3221 image, and looks good, if i get 8 cam licences, and my nas functions works same as now.

But i tried to examine at how works at DVA 3221 the builtin Geforce GTX1650 VGA card.

Tried anybody, what happens, if put a videocard to the nas? car licence plates and face recognition wil lbe the future, and i plan to use more cameras. 

On 12/12/2022 at 6:45 AM, tc2 said:

I finally made it with my Odroid H2+ that's keeping laying around....

Hi, 

can you tell me, what exactly did? I now also own a Odroid H2+, as I read, that it should work with DVA1622 ...

DVA3221 works 

DVA1622 (build 42962)does not work. After create the loader (Automated Redpill Loader v1.1-beta2a), no errors appear. But when DSM is loading, no network connection is availabe (no ping possible). The Videooutput (HDMI) shows me the surveillance station - this means for me , that only the network cards are not recognized)

I already disabled EMMC and soundcard in BIOS. 

Any hints?

Edited by ThePhantom79

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to update my loader (1.0-Beta10) to the most recente version (v1.1-beta2a) and if so will this effect my installed DSM from working properly? If possible, how to update?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by MysticBronx
misspelled

I have successfully installed DS3615xs on my ancient Intel Core i3-4130 which is a Haswell CPU. System has been running stable and fast for a couple of days.

Do get additional licenses for Surveillance Station, I was eyeing with the DVA.... installation. What are the minimum CPU requirements for DVA.... ?

On 5/5/2023 at 2:35 PM, ThePhantom79 said:

Hi, 

can you tell me, what exactly did? I now also own a Odroid H2+, as I read, that it should work with DVA1622 ...

DVA3221 works 

DVA1622 (build 42962)does not work. After create the loader (Automated Redpill Loader v1.1-beta2a), no errors appear. But when DSM is loading, no network connection is availabe (no ping possible). The Videooutput (HDMI) shows me the surveillance station - this means for me , that only the network cards are not recognized)

I already disabled EMMC and soundcard in BIOS. 

Any hints?

Have you tried to hook up mouse/keyboard and go to the Menu --> System --> Network and look if network cards persists? If you can, then you can try to recover the settings from there.

While on the other hand, I have other network issue with the Odroid H2+, which the second NIC would not work after the 2nd boot. Found out somehow when I have Virtual Machine, the vSwitch would be enabled. And the config file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts is missing the ifcfg-eth1 but only ifcfg-ovs_eth1 exists.

Then if I created a ifcfg-eth1 file that refers back to ifcfg-ovs_eth1 (via BRIDGE=ovs_eth1) and restart the network, OH2's 2nd network came back up. But the file would be gone again every time it restarts.

So I create a cron task from the DSM's Task Scheduler and create this user define script and runs every time it boots (with delay).

file="/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1"
echo "DEVICE=eth1" > $file
echo "BOOTPROTO=static" >> $file
echo "ONBOOT=yes" >> $file
echo "IPADDR=192.168.2.20" >> $file
echo "NETMASK=255.255.255.0" >> $file
echo "BRIDGE=ovs_eth1" >> $file

/etc/rc.network restart

After several attmepts it works now (often). 

Every third boot, it will not load the DSM and habe to hard reset, try again and then DSM will boot without any trouble.

If it's up and running, I dont have any issues (except, that I have only one network card - but thats ok for me and reason is that I use DVA1622)

Hi,

I just got a Fujitsu Primergy TX2540M1 and tried to install DSM on it.

I used a DS3622xs baremetal approach.

I was able to boot and install DSM to a SSD attached to one of the internal SATA ports.

Logging in, there are no other disks seen in the storage manager, only the SSD at the internal port.

I have 4 disks attached to a LSI megaraid controller, but they don't show up at all.

doing lspci -q, I could see the following output (only SATA related):

0000:00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset 6-Port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)                        

0000:02:00.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom / LSI MegaRAID SAS 2108 [Liberator] (rev 05)                                                       

0001:09:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller (rev 11)  
0001:0c:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

The Marvell is disabled in the BIOS...

So the controller seems to be seen...

lspci -k gives me:

0000:02:00.0 Class 0104: Device 1000:0079 (rev 05)
    Subsystem: Device 1734:1176
    Kernel driver in use: megaraid_sas

But nothing shows up...

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Edited by jollmo

8 hours ago, jollmo said:

Learned it has to be a hba card in IT mode to be able to passthrough the disks to the OS.

The d2616 is not flashable, as the D2607 or D3307 would be.

So now looking for a compatible card in IT mode...

Stay tuned

Yeah I have a hba card but I am running 6.2 at the moment but when my current hardware dies I want to update 

Many thanks for this great loader, its so eaaaaazy. I resurected my QNAP. I have trouble fixing lenovo (iomega) PX4-300R, i have no trouble getting it to boot DSM (tried 922, 3621) except it does not recognize the SATA controller. I searched the forum and find the drivers were dropped since before DSM 6.0

However i am unable to find the correct extra.lzma all the links i found were down now. The main question is however, if i am able install this package to the loader, while configuring a loader there is a modules configurator, and if it is cross compatible with DSM7.

As the device comes with pcie i am able to install raid driver with compatible chipset although i dont hav one yet.

Any help appreciated.

original post:

On 8/27/2021 at 10:49 PM, shrabok said:

Hi @JavierCairus, From what you mentioned, it sounds like you're reaching the grub menu but upon selecting a grub menu item you go into the "error: no suitable video mode found".

I'm just going to go over a few essentials to see if we can eliminate any missed steps:

• Confirm you've downloaded the correct files to build xpenology (assuming 6.2.3)
  • Ensure you have the correct device information in grub.cfg
    • Generated Serial Number - https://xpenogen.github.io/serial_generator/index.html set as `set sn=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX`
    • System NIC MAC Address - ensure you have the correct mac address added for the correct network interface in format `set mac1=XXXXXXXXXXXX` and make sure your NIC is supported
    • Collect the PID and VID of your bootable USB - Make sure its correct and set as `set vid=0xXXXX` and `set pid=0xXXXX`
  • Ensure you have the correct storage details for your device (not all that familiar with hardware raid requirements, check documentation)
    • Make sure your raid controller is supported by the extra.lzma
    • Make sure your `set sata_args=` values are set correctly for your controller and disk layout
  • Ensure you unzip extra3615_v0.11_test.zip and replace extra.lzma
  • Recommended - Build your USB drive locally instead of on a VM (just incase the USB passthrough is causing issues), there are instructions for windows,osx and linux
  • Ensure your bios has set your usb as the primary boot device
  • Recommended - Use the synology assistant tool (finder url seems to have limitations)
  • Recommended - Check your NIC and Router for active link lights and that an IP was allocated once boot loader loads
  • Recommended - Allow grub to auto select the default entry

Lets start with that and see if anything changes.

Hi,

I'm installing ARPL 1.1-beta2a on Baremetal HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10 but stucking at this screen.

image.png.da3a39602da4d3d323e1d2c7b66fff3a.png

Any hints?

Server infor:
HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10 (CPU: 2x Silver 4110, RAM: 32GB)
Boot mode : UEFI
USB Stick : 4GB
Loader img : arpl-1.1-beta2a.img

9 hours ago, Black6spdZ said:

Sure about that? it uses standard SAS2108 chipset

I did a lot of research, I know about the SAS2108 and its capability to be x-flashed, but nobody ever had success with that special Fujitsu card, the D2616-A22...

I just added a LSI SAS 9220-8i, brought into IT-mode, which is working perfectly and makes my TX2540 the perfect machine :-)

It will replace my Lenovo px12-450, which is a proper 12 bay server, but has only 1 2.5GHz E3-1265Lv2 vs 2 2.4GHz E5-2470 v2 and 1x 16GB memory vs 2x 96GB...

In the end, the TX2540 is a very good server when it comes to ARPL, everything works oob, it has, like the px12-450, an internal slot for USB-NANDs what makes it very comfortable to run different OSes on it.

You have 6 PCIe slots for RAID cards or NICs and plenty of computing power for every kind of VMs you want to run.

Used ones are cheap to get and there are plenty...

Edited by jollmo

Hello,

First, I want to inform you that i've already search on this forum the question and more important the answer, without success (or i've missed something).

So, using a HPE Microserv Gen8 baremetal, i've just updated TRCP loader to ARPL loader.

(Thank you for your work on this loader (y)(y))

I'm facing to a ip network issue.

My DHCP server is a PiHole docker on DSM.

So, on DSM setting i've manually configure Static IP and it was working well.

But with the new ARPL, loader cannot get IP (as Pihole is not started).

I can workaround with DHCP activation on my router and set a static IP with MAC, but it's not the best way as static ip table is set on pihole.
And I want to manage my LAN through PiHole only

Is it possible to set a static IP/network config on the loader ?
If yes, how can I do ?

Thanks for your help

Edited by pedrolit0

Hi guys. I try to use fork of ARPL by AuxXxilium (Arc Loader), MB used for this setup Intel S1200BTL, XEON CPU, 32GB RAM and LSI9211-8i HBA controller (SAS2008), the model choosed for instalation was RS4021xs+ and the problem is that LSI not work, i see this controller in loader configuration:

Screenshot2023-05-20180305.thumb.png.40e4b6c80ee9106388b46c46a5e06789.png

But i didnt see disks in WEB UI (controller intialized and disk shows in POST screen)

image.png.736731be3ed27d4ba0a3713df6e4a62c.png

Autoconfiguration says about SAS controller found, but in configuration i see only these strings:

SataPortMap = "6"

SataIdxMap = "00"

I was trying to complete config by string:

SasIdxMap = "0" (like in this issue https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/issues/721)

but nothing happened, i still see six disks in my configuration.

Please, give some advise. Thank you!