XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

1 hour ago, lightyear said:

The 1622 can only do 2 tasks (people/vehicle detection), or only just 1 face detection.  If 1 (people/vehicle) task per camera is sufficient, with two cameras, the 1622 image is an option and should have much lower consumption.

Another thing I noticed is if you leave the monitor centre open on the external display (I used 5 cameras, some with AI), it will cost CPU.  I usually close it and reopen it on the local display when I need it.

Mine with an i3-10100 integrated VGA doesn't work, (ARPL boot screen  and bios works good)  but remote cam pictures through a pc and surveillance station works good. AI is a plus function, that not necessary to me. 

Thank you! 

How can I change SN+MAC of BAREMETAL ASROCK 5040 ARPL 920+ 7.1 remotely? I mean I'm not physically at the location where the unit is located, but I do have VPN to the network (GUI and SSH access are working). I found several similar posts, even for TCRP or Proxmox, but not really an answer HOW TO. Any tip?

8 hours ago, bloodilo said:

How can I change SN+MAC of BAREMETAL ASROCK 5040 ARPL 920+ 7.1 remotely? I mean I'm not physically at the location where the unit is located, but I do have VPN to the network (GUI and SSH access are working). I found several similar posts, even for TCRP or Proxmox, but not really an answer HOW TO. Any tip?

If using arpl *, you can refer to my instructions

arpl-i18n/guide.md at main · wjz304/arpl-i18n (github.com)

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:12 PM, bloodilo said:

Mount the USB and change the config in the JSON

For what it's worth, I was able to upgrade from ARPL v1.1-beta2a running DSM 7.1 to arpl-i18l running 7.2-64561.   It was surprisingly painless.

I followed the instructions below to "Switch between versions of arpl (manually, full) (Any version)"

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/blob/main/guide.md

This installed the latest arpl-i18l and allowed me to install 7.2-64561.  The only issue I had was that for some reason the DSM install didn't want to accept my downloaded "DSM_DS3622xs+_64561.pat" and I had to tell it to download the latest from Synology (which worked).    I'm using:  DS3622xs+

Nice work wjz304!!

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, buozinis said:

Hello, well everything was working as a charm. I think 2-3 months. But I thought would be fun to run a Virtual Machine in Synology. So I had to enable VT-D in BIOS. And guess what. It not booting anymore stuck on this position for ages. Please advise me what I should do. Thank you!

Looks good to me. It means that the system booted in DSM. 

On 6/5/2023 at 4:29 AM, kociubin said:

For what it's worth, I was able to upgrade from ARPL v1.1-beta2a running DSM 7.1 to arpl-i18l running 7.2-64561.   It was surprisingly painless.

I followed the instructions below to "Switch between versions of arpl (manually, full) (Any version)"

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/blob/main/guide.md

This installed the latest arpl-i18l and allowed me to install 7.2-64561.  The only issue I had was that for some reason the DSM install didn't want to accept my downloaded "DSM_DS3622xs+_64561.pat" and I had to tell it to download the latest from Synology (which worked).    I'm using:  DS3622xs+

Nice work wjz304!!

I have the same Issue with a 920+ , followed the upgrade tutorial to the latest arpl but when I download the pat DSM_DS920+_64561 from synology it doesnt work it says its corrupted.

Edit: I had fbelavenuto's latest arpl with 7.11

Edited by SayonaRrRa

3 hours ago, SayonaRrRa said:

I have the same Issue with a 920+ , followed the upgrade tutorial to the latest arpl but when I download the pat DSM_DS920+_64561 from synology it doesnt work it says its corrupted.

Edit: I had fbelavenuto's latest arpl with 7.11

I have made a fresh install of arpl with 3622xs+ latest update on a USB and reconfigured from scratch , managed to migrate with automated install from Synology. All good for now. With my 920+ the option to download directly from Synology wasnt available from the DSM Web interface.

Hello guys,

I'm trying to change my 2 NAS from the old platform with i7-4770T / 4790T and Jun's loader 1.04b running smoothly DSM 6.2.3 since years to a more recent stuff with DSM 7 because Synology seems to plan stopping maintenance of old DSM and apps.
So I'm quite new in the TCRP world, I'm discovering it, and I decided of this occasion to bought more recent PC parts : a Intel 10500T (seems to be the max supported for i915 driver, shame on me I noticed too late my 12500T is too recent) on a MSI B460I, this mobo has a 2.5Gbs Ethernet port but it's a RTL8125B, and from I read here and there, unluckily it seems not to be the best one (but no as bad as mobo with buggy firmware revision of the i225-V), too bad for me.

Strange behavior I encounter is the network card is every time up and running when on the ARPL menu, never an issue.
But when it's time to boot DSM loader after configuration already done (model, build, real SN and MAC to build loader), I noticed net interface goes down then up (like if ARPL free it), and 9 times on 10 the network card won't "fully" goes up (just the left side orange LED is blinking like always or sleeping or waiting WOL packet, but the green one on right side still OFF).
I'm obliged to push Reset button because no keyboard response / no SSH of course, go to Configure loader in Grub choice, do some insignificant changes, then the option to build the loader is offered in the menu and sometimes with big luck and the planets aligned, the loader boots successfully...

For curiosity, I also trying ARC (ARPL fork, I know it's not the topic here) and I noticed the issue is the same.

I tried build 42962 on models DS918+ & DS920+ as I want to keep hardware transcoding working and benefit SSD read/write cache but now on NVMe instead of SATA.
By the way to play a little and tests more deeply, I managed to activate the R/W cache thanks to Peter Suh's NMVe patch, which caused the server to restart, I used the Synology like usual several hours, and then on a later restart, it no longer boots DSM.
But I precise, with all my past tries, I didn't even play with NVMe cache, I'm just trying to understand to have the DSM sure to boot every time, that's my first concern of the moment (=NMVe patch didn't broke something).

To sum up, it seems the DSM boots in a little more sure way from the Menu than automatically (Grub first choice).
Did I'm missing something obvious ?
Or just the RTL8125B is sh*tty ?
Maybe time to pass the network interface from ARPL to DSM is too short for DSM to claim it ?
I'm open to your ideas and cross tests scenarios

ARPL-i18n 23.6.3 and 23.6.4 — no LAN (Realtek 8168).

ARPL-i18n 23.6.2 — LAN works, but CPU freq detected in some strange way:

root@SynoBackup2:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep MHz
cpu MHz         : 2500.000
cpu MHz         : 2500.000
root@SynoBackup2:~# sudo dmesg | grep MHz
[    0.000000] tsc: Detected 1996.866 MHz processor
[    2.734345] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 1996.800 MHz

So cpuinfo addon gives me «2 GHz» on system info page. In original ARPL in was correct «2.5 Ghz».

В 6/7/2023 в 11:46 PM, mojojojotroi сказал:

Or just the RTL8125B is sh*tty ?

Have you installed the r8125 module in the bootloader? You can use newer than the original ARPL bootloaders: ARPL-i18n or Arc.

Try not to specify a new MAC to override the original one in the bootloader (or vice versa - specify a new MAC, if you have not previously specified it).

Il y a 20 heures, dj_nsk a dit :

Have you installed the r8125 module in the bootloader? You can use newer than the original ARPL bootloaders: ARPL-i18n or Arc.

Try not to specify a new MAC to override the original one in the bootloader (or vice versa - specify a new MAC, if you have not previously specified it).

Yes, r8125 module is ticked in the list.

There seems to be optional parameters that can be set on each module, and I'm wondering if I can force it to 1Gb/s speed as I'm not yet equipped with 2.5Gb/s (nor faster) switch, and I asking myself if the interface is "semi-down" because it can't achieve to negotiate full speed 2.5Gb/s...

I was not aware of i18n loader existance, thanks, I tested it, unfortunately the behavior is the same as ARPL and ARC.

Real original MAC or real Synology MAC usage seems to have not effect at this boot stage.

What I read on the download page of i18n smells not good at all for this chipset at the moment, so I think my best luck is to add an Intel PCIe LAN card :

Issue with r8125.png

Edited by mojojojotroi

Hi all... I wanted to post that I've been struggling with the fbelavenuto/arpl and PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill baremetal on a Dell R510 with various issues since following this forum. Things with non-boot, disks missing, NICs not recognized, and other random issues. Someone posted a while back a link to a Chinese forum "GXNAS" a month back or so (which has to be translated for me to read it) but I found a version of a redpill loader called wjz304/arpl-i18n which worked 100% perfectly at DSM 7.2-64570 (using DS36222xs+) on the first try, with none of the issues I experienced previously. Needless to say I'm impressed. This may just be better for my particular hardware but if anyone is having trouble getting the other loaders to work try this one out. This is one of those little things I've been messing with on and off over the last few months and it looks like so far so good with this version of the loader. Here's the link: 

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n

5 minutes ago, CCitarella said:

Hi all... I wanted to post that I've been struggling with the fbelavenuto/arpl and PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill baremetal on a Dell R510 with various issues since following this forum. Things with non-boot, disks missing, NICs not recognized, and other random issues. Someone posted a while back a link to a Chinese forum "GXNAS" a month back or so (which has to be translated for me to read it) but I found a version of a redpill loader called wjz304/arpl-i18n which worked 100% perfectly at DSM 7.2-64570 (using DS36222xs+) on the first try, with none of the issues I experienced previously. Needless to say I'm impressed. This may just be better for my particular hardware but if anyone is having trouble getting the other loaders to work try this one out. This is one of those little things I've been messing with on and off over the last few months and it looks like so far so good with this version of the loader. Here's the link: 

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n

xpen3.jpg

xpen2.jpg

xpen1.jpg

3 hours ago, wahabe said:

GXNAS DS3622xs DSM7.2-64570

ipv6 is disabled by default and ipv4 empty

01.png

02.png

It's not showing IPV4 because it's set to DHCP (mine is the same) I changed it to static and it shows. 

Also I enabled IPV6 and it populated right away. Are you saying this is a problem? 

Edited by CCitarella

Hi,

In order to properly shutdown my DSM 7.1.1-42962 vm from Proxmox 7.4-14, I need to install the ACPI driver that will properly shutdown the dsm when it receives an ACPI "power down" signal from Proxmox. (The VM shuts down just fine from within the VM.)

I'm referencing https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61750-how-to-install-tcrp-on-proxmox/#comment-281903  but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to run 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

1. I've tried from the Proxmox shell immediately after booting the VM (qm start 110 && qm terminal 110)

2. I've tried from inside menu.sh

... and I can't figure out why I'm so lost. I used https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/65408-automated-redpill-loader-arpl/ to build my (working) VM.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Uuugh said:

Hi,

In order to properly shutdown my DSM 7.1.1-42962 vm from Proxmox 7.4-14, I need to install the ACPI driver that will properly shutdown the dsm when it receives an ACPI "power down" signal from Proxmox. (The VM shuts down just fine from within the VM.)

I'm referencing https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61750-how-to-install-tcrp-on-proxmox/#comment-281903  but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to run 

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

1. I've tried from the Proxmox shell immediately after booting the VM (qm start 110 && qm terminal 110)

2. I've tried from inside menu.sh

... and I can't figure out why I'm so lost. I used https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/65408-automated-redpill-loader-arpl/ to build my (working) VM.

Thanks!

You are actually on the wrong topic with this command you try to run.

You are refering to @pocopico's TCRP loader.

We are here on ARPL loader.

Unless you are using ARPL loader, then this is in "addon" menu, and should actually be enabled by default, you should ask on TCRP topic.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1