XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Is it possible to hide the boot usb stick from the DSM so it doesn't show usbshares for all the partitions on the USB stick.

image.thumb.png.5a85ad82a11830564d2d33392f656261.png

Thanks for the loader, very simple to get it up and running.

Edited by vbtrek

В 23.04.2024 в 17:51, Cr4z33 сказал:

I've setup ARPL right now to be seen like a DS3615xs

Much better is to setup DS3622xs.

В 23.04.2024 в 17:51, Cr4z33 сказал:

Is there a quick unharmfull way to convert the loader to be be seen like a DS3617xs without having to reinstall the firmware and all the stuff?

Yes, you have to select a new model (in loader setup), build a loader, boot into freshly built loader, get into web and migrate to a new model DSM, preferring to save settings.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 4:50 AM, The Chief said:

Hi I just tried @Peter Suh tinycore-redpill.v1.0.2.7.m-shell.img It worked and was easy to install. Current fimware 7.2.1-69057 update 5

I am not looking for a fight just stating my experience I am a rookie with xpenolog and DSM but I can say it worked and worked very well for me.

Also to note the install of DS1823xs+ Power schedule is working for me unlike the  DS2422+ with firmware 7.1.1-42962 update 6.

I don't know if that is his build or the firmware or the model.

His Redpill loader did all the work for me. Ail I have to do was hit any key.

Only issue I had was Any Key to continue does not included the space bar. So it should read hit enter to continue.

8 hours ago, The Chief said:

Much better is to setup DS3622xs.

Yes, you have to select a new model (in loader setup), build a loader, boot into freshly built loader, get into web and migrate to a new model DSM, preferring to save settings.

Hmm too much hassle for my current setup and the little goal I wanted to reach, but thanks.

On 12/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, Orphée said:

Well calm down, we are lucky to have alternatives. @Peter Suh and @pocopico are doing a great job too, and it is a good thing to not have only one choice.

I also really like ARPL like loaders, but I really appreciate their effort with TCRP (M-shell) I also test it quite often to see the progress done with it.

Yes Both are really good @Peter Suh IS fantastic. I Used @fbelavenuto Before but the later would not let me install 7.2.1.

As far as @Peter Suh Please fix he any key to continue since the space bar does not work change it to hit enter Key.

Not a biggie just mentioning it.

Any ideas on why I an getting this error when I set the power schedule? It sets but it's not working it powers off but not back on any more after a rebuild from scratch.

See the error in red at the bottom of the image Please.

Also any comments  if I over did the build with this model with a 4790 k and a MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150.

32 GB ram.

I used this hard ware because I had it from my old desktop and it was collecting dust.

What I mean did I chose the proper DSM box. THe case has Six hd slots the MB has 8.

I don't trans code much but should I chose a build that supports it.

I mostly stream movies to my TV via Plex or samba and use the NAS for storage.

Any input would be greatly be appreciated.

error.jpg

Currentbuild - 1823xs+.jpg