Jump to content
XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)


fbelavenuto

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blackmix said:

u have driver r8125?

you could take (copy) some stuff from here and add the file used for the config manifest.yml

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext

the extensionn are now addons and are just copied into directory (not all compiled into some file you cant change as in the original)

3rd partition, addons, looks kind of self explaining

makes it easy to extend, osfmount or copy directly to usb (after creating the right files)

 

 

Edited by IG-88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blackmix said:

u have driver r8125?

I added an option to download addons, to make it easier to add drivers.

 

Please download alpha2:

 

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases/download/v0.1-alpha2/arpl-0.1-alpha2.img.zip

 

Oficial addons now are here:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons

 

r8125 added

Edited by fbelavenuto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I am testing with VMWare and arpl, but I can´t build a loader. Is it possible to use on virtual machine?

 

1. I convert arpl.img to arpl.vmdk and add hdd sata to VMWare with other vmdk.

2. Run the machine and boot the configuration loader with http://192.168.1.34:7681/

3. Choose a model DVA1622

4. Choose a build 42661

5. Choose a serial number generate a ramdom serial number

6. Add addon Detect automated

 

qPbgBdM.png

 

7. Add addon e1000 and e1000e

8. Build the loader

 

z9P81Zy.png

 

9. Boot the loader 

 

vEFoAd9.png

 

dGHXnsU.png

 

11. No ip with Synology assistant or wireless network watcher.

12. Restart and boot DSM

 

hXQ9p61.png

 

Iu8pkil.png

 

13. No detect ip DVA1622 with Synology Assistant and wireless network watcher after 10 minutes.

 

Tomorrow I will test on baremetal and pendrive, but for me on virtual with DVA1622 no works.

 

Thanks

Edited by apriliars3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, apriliars3 said:

I am testing with VMWare and arpl, but I can´t build a loader. Is it possible to use on virtual machine?

 

1. I convert arpl.img to arpl.vmdk and add hdd sata to VMWare with other vmdk.

2. Run the machine and boot the configuration loader with http://192.168.1.34:7681/

3. Choose a model DVA1622

4. Choose a build 42661

5. Choose a serial number generate a ramdom serial number

6. Add addon Detect automated

 

qPbgBdM.png

 

7. Add addon e1000 and e1000e

8. Build the loader

 

z9P81Zy.png

 

9. Boot the loader 

 

vEFoAd9.png

 

dGHXnsU.png

 

11. No ip with Synology assistant or wireless network watcher.

12. Restart and boot DSM

 

hXQ9p61.png

 

Iu8pkil.png

 

13. No detect ip DVA1622 with Synology Assistant and wireless network watcher after 10 minutes.

 

Tomorrow I will test on baremetal and pendrive, but for me on virtual with DVA1622 no works.

 

Thanks

Hello my friend, thanks for testing on vmware. I could only test with proxmox and baremetal. when I have the chance I will test it on ESXi. Try add only e1000.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

I added an option to download addons, to make it easier to add drivers.

 

Please download alpha2:

 

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases/download/v0.1-alpha2/arpl-0.1-alpha2.img.zip

 

Oficial addons now are here:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons

 

r8125 added

How do I add drivers that you don't have included? e.g igb and ixgbe?

I tried adding from pocopico/rp-ext but I get a file format error

Link to comment
Share on other sites

addon r8169 not found.   Tried to download (option)  but then  file format not recqognised.

I have 3 drives 2 same red pros  and 1 ssd

But when using Redpill  i got working Syno  but with just only 1 drive.

How to setup for 3 drives?  

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.27.06.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.30.03.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.30.11.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As there is nowhere an answer how to download the r8169  i deleted it.  Again built.  Then patch or pattern does not match.   Change Pat version.   Then start again,

 

Very strange when the Syno is started up!   i got the Synology from the old (yesterday) install, so with user and password to fill in.  

How is that possible,  that is not overwrite or erased?  So no new format.

 

And of course  i have attached 3 drive It is seen in de bios when startup and del,  but also with this bootloader,  only 1 drive is available,  so my new Synology  is just a "DS120+"   No backup,  no raid1   so when i put up the music files and movies for Plex  i must also copy these files directly to a connected dock with a second drive (if it is still possible on dsm7 to connect an USB drive). 

 

I have worked with a Truenas system  but too bad it dit not support Home Assistant  "Supervised"    only Core,  and in Core you cannot add zwave or zigbee sticks  so beside the Truenas with consume about 60 watts   and an other pc to hold Home Assistant  with an extra 20 watts. 

 

I used for this experiment an motherboard from  ASRock  with a J5005  and that used about 10 watts!  

I have used this Motherboard before i dit go to Truenas with  DSM 6.2  and it dit work with the 3 drives  and a docker  (for HomeAssistant).  But i tried it with the bootloader for 6.2 and it went wrong with the install of the diskmanager,  about 15 procent ending.

I think when we should use  motherboards with this low power like  also more expensive  C3958 intel with ECC support  (thats why i went to Truenas with a Xeon processor and ECC memory)  I think they wil not work with Expenology.   It wil only work  with Common motherboards  (high power) that were shipped with low cost PC's

So now i must wait for a long time before i can use  music and video again as  the better   real Syno's   who works with ECC  and of course Docker  are very expensive.

 

Too bad there is no good documentation for Expenology. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bonestaak said:

addon r8169 not found.   Tried to download (option)  but then  file format not recqognised.

I have 3 drives 2 same red pros  and 1 ssd

But when using Redpill  i got working Syno  but with just only 1 drive.

How to setup for 3 drives?  

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.27.06.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.30.03.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-02 om 18.30.11.jpg

Hi bonestaak, Please type "r8169.addon" in the field. Complete URL looks like:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons/main/r8169.addon

 

About disks, please show screen of "Cmdline menu -> Show SATA(s) # ports and drives" menu:

 

489720872_Capturadetela2022-07-01170445.png.564275280ea71224dc5e170fcd9e4dfc.png

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, trublu said:

How do I add drivers that you don't have included? e.g igb and ixgbe?

I tried adding from pocopico/rp-ext but I get a file format error

Hi trublu, I will slowly compile and add new drivers to the repository. The Addon format is not compatible with TTG extensions.

 

The .addon files are simply a ".tar.gz" file, containing anothers ".tar.gz" for the files to be installed and a "manifest.yml" file with addon information. I used the YAML format that I have more knowledge of.

With a little knowledge it is possible to get the extensions binaries and copy them to the loader, but the intention is to be as simple as possible for the end user so I have to create the addons little by little to make it easier.

 

PS: this modules, igb and ixgbe, are native into models, no?

Edited by fbelavenuto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

PS: this modules, igb and ixgbe, are native into models, no?

Correct. I realized this after I posted and went ahead. I was able to migrate from 3615xs but the server shuts down after a few minutes so I'm troubleshooting right now. For me, it's a good problem to have because previously I wasn't able to get this far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, fbelavenuto said:

Hello everyone, I would like to share a personal project that I am developing. It is another loader for TTG Redpill, intended to be as automatic and user-friendly as possible.

The link is below, download the image and record it on a flash drive, the rest is done on the same computer.

I'm Brazilian and I'm not good at English language, so forgive me for translation errors.

 

I used forum knowledge and code from various loaders developed by TTG, pocopico, jumkey, Jun and many others.

 

Hope you like it.

 

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl

 

Edit: An important information that I forgot to mention is that I developed a simple patch to no longer display the DUMMY port error on models without device-tree, the user will be able to install without having to worry about it

Thanks a lot for this tool. As said previously, I had issues getting TCRP working but I was able to upgrade from DS3615xs (jun mod) to DS3622xs+. Had some issues but overall using arpl was a breeze. Thanks again!

Hardware info:
Baremetal: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O D-1541 (2 x 10 GbE LAN & 2 x Intel i350-AM2 GbE LAN)

LSI HBA with 8 HDDs (onboard STA controllers disabled)


(haven't tested 10GbE nics yet)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, it works.

During install, it shows "No device detected or already added!". And I added the driver(acpid,e1000e) manually. Is it a bug?

Which updated version does this loader support? I just install 7.0.1-42218.

 

Version: 3622xs+, 7.0.1-42218

Hardware info: Baremetal: IO-data(same as TS-269L), D-2701, 82574l(e1000e)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

Hi bonestaak, Please type "r8169.addon" in the field. Complete URL looks like:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons/main/r8169.addon

 

About disks, please show screen of "Cmdline menu -> Show SATA(s) # ports and drives" menu:

 

489720872_Capturadetela2022-07-01170445.png.564275280ea71224dc5e170fcd9e4dfc.png

 

 

I did  cmdline menu  show SATA  see printscreen but then what?  new driver?  i see there are 2 controllers, i have attached 2 drives to 1 and 1 (ssd) to the other.  But after restart there is only 1 drive available.   How to make a drive map?

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-03 om 11.33.14.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now i changed the two hd  and the ssd from controller,  now after init  i got 2 reds pro available,  So i think i have now the drives on the Intel Corporation .. controller  and now the SSD should on the ASMedia,   i think there must be a driver (if there is) for the ASM1062   

As i want to use beside  Plex   also  Home Assistant  i  want to use de SSD for Docker  (as i think the Home Assistant does communicate a lot with the drives).

But the new situation is already better than the old.  

For this moment i just have not made a pool.

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-03 om 12.09.11.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@fbelavenuto I've downloaded and i'm studying your work. 

 

Unfortunately due to TC not being able to perform kexec, the buildroot was your best choice. 

 

I'm not a big fan of YML, but I personally like that you went a step forward and refactored the RP Loader image creation process as this had also a number of limitations.

 

Here are a few thoughts,

 

You could use my repo that holds already compiled modules if you want to speed up the addon creation. Purley is not on my list though.  You can also skip unessesary hardware detection like (ata_piix) or AHCI etc. You can use a fully automated process by just selecting the model or an advanced mode that you can tweek things. (its a bit more compicated for people that dont understand the details).

 

Again very good approach and to the right direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2022 at 1:32 AM, zerolover said:

Thanks, it works.

During install, it shows "No device detected or already added!". And I added the driver(acpid,e1000e) manually. Is it a bug?

Which updated version does this loader support? I just install 7.0.1-42218.

 

Version: 3622xs+, 7.0.1-42218

Hardware info: Baremetal: IO-data(same as TS-269L), D-2701, 82574l(e1000e)

Hi, it's not bug. All supported models have the e1000e module natively. The loader didn't find any other modules needed in your case.
The e1000e module exists for any future model that does not have it. ACPId is not installed automatically, when I confirm that it works in any situation I will put it to be installed automatically.

Ah, I forget to answer your second question, sorry. You can update up to 42661 update5 which is the latest at this time. No need to turn off internet access.

 

Edited by fbelavenuto
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...