XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

35 минут назад, AndreyN сказал:

Всем привет.

Прошу дать рекомендации по выбору "железа" для установки DSM 920+ из двух существующих вариантов:

1 Вариант:

ASUS P8H61-MX R2.0

Intel Pentium G2010 2,8GHz

DDR3  Kingston HyperX Genesis KHX1333C9D3K2/4G  (2Gb + 2Gb = 4Gb )

2 Вариант:

ASUSTeK P5Q-VM DO

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 2,83GHz

Kingston DDR2-800MHZ  KVR800D2N6/2G  (2Gb + 2Gb + 2Gb + 2Gb= 8Gb )

для 920+ вроде ни тот, ни другой процессор не подходят.

Hi there,

I installed 7.2 using rr on Lenovo v520s but I have 2 issues. First one is that I don’t see m2 nvme sata drive and 2nd issue is with 10 gig HP 533. It doesn’t detract 10 gig connection.  Can anyone suggest dsm model?

thank you 

Posted (edited)
Le 29/03/2024 à 05:13, Fastsnail a dit :

Hi there,

I installed 7.2 using rr on Lenovo v520s but I have 2 issues. First one is that I don’t see m2 nvme sata drive and 2nd issue is with 10 gig HP 533. It doesn’t detract 10 gig connection.  Can anyone suggest dsm model?

thank you 

Hi,

What loader are you using ?

What is the model of your 10g card ?

Are you trying this script: https://github.com/007revad/Synology_M2_volume ?

Edited by manu_manu4

Hello everybody,

I come back after years without having touched my server and I am totally lost. I am currently in version 7.1-42661 update 1. It suggests I upgrade to version 7.1.1-42962 but this does not seem to be the latest possible version. Do you have to go through this update? If so, which loader should I use on my key? my key is in RedPill V0.9.4.9

Or can I directly update DSM 7.2.1 69057-Update 4? also with which loader?

Thank you very much for your help please

On 3/29/2024 at 5:13 AM, Fastsnail said:

Hi there,

thank you 

Try ARC loader, it's frequently updated, offers comprehensive  addons and modules, easy to use gui from yout computer, or keyboad+ monitor, few clicks, and then you can boot loader. It will helps your nvme ssd and lan card issue. Forger another loaders. 

Hi guys,

sorry for late reply. I changed my card and loader and eventually managed to get it work. Now I have 10 gig connection between my pc and nas. Speeds are still around 2 gig but I guess now my bottleneck is my drives. I do have another problem. My case has micro SD card reader attached to motherboard via 5v pin  and my nas don’t see it. Are there any drives that can be installed? 

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I used this loader as it was suggested in the FAQ and managed to do a baremetal installation on a Ryzen PC. I configured everything and the NAS works nicely incl. some Docker containers. However I'm still on DSM 7.1.1 and I'm wondering if I can just simply update to DSM 7.2 through the GUI. 

Should I migrate to Arc? And if so: is there a way to retain the current installation

@fbelavenuto

Edited by Flasher

21 hours ago, Flasher said:

Hi all,

I used this loader as it was suggested in the FAQ and managed to do a baremetal installation on a Ryzen PC. I configured everything and the NAS works nicely incl. some Docker containers. However I'm still on DSM 7.1.1 and I'm wondering if I can just simply update to DSM 7.2 through the GUI. 

Should I migrate to Arc? And if so: is there a way to retain the current installation

@fbelavenuto

Nevermind - I took the usb stick, threw the ARC loader on it and after building the loader and starting DSM for the first time, it asked me if I want to keep all files and settings.

After that I was greeted with the updated DSM screen and everything was retained. Nice

Please update the FAQ section - new users are being sent here to the outdated and unmaintained loader.

В 08.10.2023 в 11:19, BullFrog сказал:

I bought an Intel N6005 board from TopTon

Hello my dear friend! I encountered a fire problem with sudden system shutdowns. Please tell me, were you able to find a solution to this problem?

10 hours ago, Flasher said:

Nevermind - I took the usb stick, threw the ARC loader on it and after building the loader and starting DSM for the first time, it asked me if I want to keep all files and settings.

After that I was greeted with the updated DSM screen and everything was retained. Nice

Please update the FAQ section - new users are being sent here to the outdated and unmaintained loader.

"fbelavenuto" isn't around anymore or contributing to things, at this point, probably not even checking and replying to DM's or mentions.  It's been a while...

27 минут назад, gericb сказал:

«fbelavenuto» больше не существует и не участвует в каких-либо делах, на данный момент, вероятно, даже не проверяет и не отвечает на личные сообщения или упоминания. Прошло много времени...

thanks for the info

Apparently he solved the problem and disappeared) 

I’m very sorry, because so far I haven’t been able to solve a similar problem as his

22 hours ago, Flasher said:

Yes correct - as if it was just a DSM update. But your milage may differ

Only DSM 7.2 does not use Docker anymore...

It is named Container now

Any hicups there .... ???

On 7/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, fbelavenuto said:

I added an option to download addons, to make it easier to add drivers.

Please download alpha2:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases/download/v0.1-alpha2/arpl-0.1-alpha2.img.zip

Oficial addons now are here:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons

r8125 added

I am having a lot of trouble using this version v1.1-beta2a previous version 1.1 worked on my MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming LGA 115,
Now after I do the steps and try and load the boot loader I am getting missing modules. Any ideas what is going on.
CPU is a 4790 k. Build DS1621+

Please help !!

On 4/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, Rick4 said:

Try ARC loader, it's frequently updated, offers comprehensive  addons and modules, easy to use gui from yout computer, or keyboad+ monitor, few clicks, and then you can boot loader. It will helps your nvme ssd and lan card issue. Forger another loaders. 

Edited by midiman007
COuld not add my infor to other fileds

On 4/10/2024 at 4:26 AM, Flasher said:

How did you do this can you please send Links to which arc you used?

On 4/12/2024 at 6:59 AM, VenimK said:

Only DSM 7.2 does not use Docker anymore...

It is named Container now

Any hicups there .... ???

No, not at all. All containers were transfered automatically to the new application. The UI is a bit different, but you quickly get used to it.

On 4/13/2024 at 1:49 PM, midiman007 said:

Thanks are there any directions? Screen shot,etc.

I am a newbie to installing this the fbelavenuto v1.1-beta had screen shot on how to use the install.

There are tons of youtube videos out there explaining the whole process. It's rather simple

Edited by Flasher

22 minutes ago, Flasher said:

No, not at all. All containers were transfered automatically to the new application. The UI is a bit different, but you quickly get used to it.

There are tons of youtube videos out there explaining the whole process. It's rather simple

Thanks for the info I will do a you tube search.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:17 PM, midiman007 said:

I am having a lot of trouble using this version v1.1-beta2a previous version 1.1 worked on my MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming LGA 115,
Now after I do the steps and try and load the boot loader I am getting missing modules. Any ideas what is going on.
CPU is a 4790 k. Build DS1621+

Please help !!

Forger that old outdated loader, use ARC.  

7 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Forger that old outdated loader, use ARC.  

I am still in the process of trying to figure out Arc. When I tried to find videos to help it looks like they are vm or Proxis build not bare metal.

I tried to load it but it is not as easy to install Fbelavenuto v1.1-beta version.

Edited by midiman007