XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

I'm unable to add this mlx4 extension using the latest ARPL. The url to the addon is https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/blob/main/mlx4_core/rpext-index.json. I keep getting it is not the right format. Is there a way to add mlx4 driver in ARPL on a DS920+ or add the mlx4_core.ko module to DS920+?

Is this the right link to add the module and how do I add this module? thanks.

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/blob/main/geminilake-4.4.180/mlx4_core.ko

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/blob/main/geminilake-4.4.180/mlx4_en.ko

Edited by vinhdt

I got the latest DSM 7 update working on a Lenovo M600 TinyPC with DVA3321 perfectly.

Now I'm trying some more ambitious things and would like to use octoprint with my 3d printers on it.

I did follow the tutorial to enable usb support on DSM7 but octoprint can't see my printer yet.

Has anyone gone through this procedure?

1 hour ago, royeiror said:

I got the latest DSM 7 update working on a Lenovo M600 TinyPC with DVA3321 perfectly.

Now I'm trying some more ambitious things and would like to use octoprint with my 3d printers on it.

I did follow the tutorial to enable usb support on DSM7 but octoprint can't see my printer yet.

Has anyone gone through this procedure?

This is not related to ARPL loader, you should create your own topic in the help section.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:29 PM, fbelavenuto said:

Hey guys,

I would like to inform you that I have been inactive for the last few days and will be for a long time due to personal issues. The ARPL will be stalled for the time being.

Take care Fabio. Hope this will not be the end of ARPL :(

On 3/11/2023 at 11:39 AM, dj_nsk said:

This problem is solved in the ESXi version: 8.0.0 ESXi build number: 21203435 (Client version: 2.10.1 Client build number: 20925449)

But I can't use ARPL on ESXi - failed to format disk hile installing DSM.

I can report that the issue of the the flat vmdk file not being able to edit any fields has being fixed in ESXi 7.0U3l, Client version: 2.9.2, so to be able to properly import the flat vmdk and attach it you need to update to the latest update as of today (20230413).

dj_nsk - i was having the issue that the drive format would fail at 8% - it was necessary to follow the information here;

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/issues/604

hope that helps

1 час назад, twoj сказал:

i was having the issue that the drive format would fail at 8% - it was necessary to follow the information here;

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/issues/604

Thanks. So far, I have used another workaround:

1. I created a virtual machine in ESXi and use a TCRP bootloader
  2. Performed disk formatting and initial installation of DSM with TCRP
  3. I stopped the VM, replaced the boot disk with ARPL and started it. Now everything works for me with ARPL

Next time I'll try the solution you suggested.

Hello everyone,

I need your help please.

I have installed a DS920+ with ARPL v1.1 Beta2A on an old computer.

I join my configuration loader with http://192.168.1.150:7681 and all the configuration process seems good. 

When i reboot my computer, the loader is booting with the same IP but my Synology Assistant never detect my DSM.

I tried several times and it's the same problem all the time.

Actually, when the loader is UP, i can ping 192.168.1.150 during 3 seconds and then it falls in timeout.

Do you know why ? And how i can fix it ?

Tkx.

15 hours ago, Retlet said:

Hello everyone,

I need your help please.

I have installed a DS920+ with ARPL v1.1 Beta2A on an old computer.

I join my configuration loader with http://192.168.1.150:7681 and all the configuration process seems good. 

When i reboot my computer, the loader is booting with the same IP but my Synology Assistant never detect my DSM.

I tried several times and it's the same problem all the time.

Actually, when the loader is UP, i can ping 192.168.1.150 during 3 seconds and then it falls in timeout.

Do you know why ? And how i can fix it ?

Tkx.

Try DS3622+

5 hours ago, Retlet said:

Thank you Black6spdZ. I tried but it's the same problem.

Are you using more than 2 drives? Whenever I add more than 2 drives, I have this problem. The only way I could get around it was to use Proxmox, install it inside a VM, and pass through the sata controller. Now it works with all 8 drives I have connected.

Can i just add how unbelievably tough it makes for new people or non-vm people, to get support, but moreso understand what the heck is going on with all promox and esxi, when it's already hard enough figuring out something new?

Is there like a non vm thread for this or can we split them or something? It's like learning Egyptian, and some other guys speaking Mandarin, while I speak English with my baremetal.

Like wth.

I do appreciate all the support from vm folks and not but dang man. Cluster eff everytime I try to read shite here yo

• Like 1

I wanted to run it bare metal as my disks had data from a bare metal DSM 6.2 install. I tried it on two different machines and it didn't work, so my only choice was a VM. But now that I have it setup that way, I will never do a bare metal install again.

The developer is away due to personal reasons, so the only option for support is the community until he returns to the project.

9 hours ago, w84no1 said:

I wanted to run it bare metal as my disks had data from a bare metal DSM 6.2 install. I tried it on two different machines and it didn't work, so my only choice was a VM. But now that I have it setup that way, I will never do a bare metal install again.

The developer is away due to personal reasons, so the only option for support is the community until he returns to the project.

what controller are you running? I'd never trust my data to a NAS running inside a VM. 

On 4/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, Peter Suh said:

There is no news that fabio has been on vacation for over two weeks.
My successor to fabio's arpl-modules repo
M SHELL for TCRP is ready for r8101.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/tree/main/broadwellnk-4.4.180

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.4.3-1

MMmm... I have a lot of question... First of all... How can I try your Arpl modules??? 

I use Proxmox, and I have some problems... (ds3622 vm) The Virtio Lan drivers, only works at 1gb (I have a 10gbe lan, and it's working on windows 11 vm at 10gbe..), Vmware3 it's working at 1gb too.. Your drivers are capable of working at 10gb?

And I have a strange problem with virtio scsi.. Somewhere along the way.. Or proxmox or arpl modules change, and now virtio scsi, didn't work for me.. I can show Virtio Scsi hard drives on vm bios, but not in arpl or ds3622 installed.. I suspect, virtio scsi drivers lost something.. Or maybe virtio scsi drivers it's update to last version and arpl want old version.. 

Anyway, What I need to do to make your modules working?? I want to try!! Thanks!! 🥰

11 hours ago, Black6spdZ said:

what controller are you running? I'd never trust my data to a NAS running inside a VM. 

I am using a Marvell 88SE9230 and an ASMedia ASM1062.

That is the great thing about passing through the sata controllers, the drives are the same as if you are running it bare metal. I can take the drives and put them into an actual Synology and they would work. Also, I have backups.

Коллеги, там работают установленные на Proxmox 7.4.3 - ARPL-1.0-beta11a - SCSI и SATA диски. Да и скорость scsi более-менее нормальная, чем в sata. virtio hdd не удалось запустить, хотя у меня сеть virtio.

arpl-1.1-beta2a.img – работают

только sata диски Тоже пробовал ставить на голое железо, потом сеть пропала. Realtek 1Гб.

10 hours ago, lord_kimbou said:

MMmm... I have a lot of question... First of all... How can I try your Arpl modules??? 

I use Proxmox, and I have some problems... (ds3622 vm) The Virtio Lan drivers, only works at 1gb (I have a 10gbe lan, and it's working on windows 11 vm at 10gbe..), Vmware3 it's working at 1gb too.. Your drivers are capable of working at 10gb?

And I have a strange problem with virtio scsi.. Somewhere along the way.. Or proxmox or arpl modules change, and now virtio scsi, didn't work for me.. I can show Virtio Scsi hard drives on vm bios, but not in arpl or ds3622 installed.. I suspect, virtio scsi drivers lost something.. Or maybe virtio scsi drivers it's update to last version and arpl want old version.. 

Anyway, What I need to do to make your modules working?? I want to try!! Thanks!! 🥰

It looks like you're going to stay on ARPL.
My module borrowed a module from ARPL,
This is for TCRP.

On 4/16/2023 at 8:23 AM, w84no1 said:

Are you using more than 2 drives? Whenever I add more than 2 drives, I have this problem. The only way I could get around it was to use Proxmox, install it inside a VM, and pass through the sata controller. Now it works with all 8 drives I have connected.

I only had this problem with a SAS2308 controller

Hello,

Unfortunately I updated my Xpenology NAS (using DSM 6.X with Jun 1.04b loader) not using the proper way and it became unreachable. I thought it would be a good oportunity to use DSM 7.1 instead and go with bootloader ARPL. But I encounter problem reaching my NAS over my network after running through the steps below:

- Downloaded arpl-1.1-beta2a and flashed it to a USB

- Booted my NAS with this USB, connected to the USB through the stated IP-address on another PC

- Choose model 920 (also tried 918), latest build, generated a serial number, built the loader, exited the ARPL (also tried added the addon 9P that someone suggested elsewhere)

- Rebooted my nas

- But next would be to connect to the server via Synology Assistant/http://finds.synology.com/. But I cant find my NAS anylonger. I have tried to ping it also and it says Destination host unreachable, but also Packets Sent = 4, Received = 4.

Im using a AMD 3400G CPU and a Asrock b450 gaming itx/ac mbo if that helps. 

Edited by Xandyr

5 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Hello,

Unfortunately I updated my Xpenology NAS (using DSM 6.X with Jun 1.04b loader) not using the proper way and it became unreachable. I thought it would be a good oportunity to use DSM 7.1 instead and go with bootloader ARPL. But I encounter problem reaching my NAS over my network after running through the steps below:

- Downloaded arpl-1.1-beta2a and flashed it to a USB

- Booted my NAS with this USB, connected to the USB through the stated IP-address on another PC

- Choose model 920 (also tried 918), latest build, generated a serial number, built the loader, exited the ARPL (also tried added the addon 9P that someone suggested elsewhere)

- Rebooted my nas

- But next would be to connect to the server via Synology Assistant/http://finds.synology.com/. But I cant find my NAS anylonger. I have tried to ping it also and it says Destination host unreachable, but also Packets Sent = 4, Received = 4.

Im using a AMD 3400G CPU and a Asrock b450 gaming itx/ac mbo if that helps. 

Seems I cant edit my post,  but wanted to add that I use the Realtek RTL8111H lan controller if that helps. 

Edited by Xandyr

On 4/18/2023 at 3:26 PM, The Chief said:

It helped me with slow speed SMB pulling from NAS (Intel I219V NIC) to PC. Speed went from ~90MB/s to 110MB/s. Thanx a lot!

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-i219-LM-Linux-60p-Fix

Coincidentally the driver fix has been announced a few days ago, i219-LM and i219-V are pretty much identical(can be modded with EEPROM tricks) and shares the same e1000e driver.

Edited by vbz14216
  • Thanks 1