XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

16 hours ago, gadreel said:

Hi all, please remind me what is the correct procedure on arpl-i18n to update from 7.1.1 to 7.2?

Update from DSM and then rebuild the loader or update from DSM and the loader will do the rest on it's own?

Edit: Updated DSM and then rebuild the loader. All good at the end.

Hello! Why must rebuild loader? 

In my opinion, the easiest way  to update from 7.1 to 7.2 is to directly build the new loader and at first reboot it detects an old DSM install has to be updated.

It always worked for me. I don't bother with appliyng update from DSM GUI before updating loader.

2 hours ago, Orphée said:

In my opinion, the easiest way  to update from 7.1 to 7.2 is to directly build the new loader and at first reboot it detects an old DSM install has to be updated.

It always worked for me. I don't bother with appliyng update from DSM GUI before updating loader.

May you could throw some light here 

Thanks buddy!!

hello all.

i've running a dell T30 server (xeon e3-1225v5) on DSM 7.1 via ARPL (ds3622xs+).

i jumped on a memorial day sale on the dell refurbished website.

bought a dell precision 5820 tower with xeon w-4125 (8 cores)

has anyone running a ARPL build using "xeon w" CPUs?

thanks for any help.

Just now, buozinis said:

PXL_20230531_080939377.jpg

Hello, well everything was working as a charm. I think 2-3 months. But I thought would be fun to run a Virtual Machine in Synology. So I had to enable VT-D in BIOS. And guess what. It not booting anymore stuck on this position for ages. Please advise me what I should do. Thank you!

Hi all, I'm doing installation tests on v.m. of the DSM both with RedPill support tool (m shell) and with ARPL starting from version 7.1.1 (42962) and then try to upgrade to 7.2 to see how it behaves and how to do it to then install it on a bare metal machine . everything proceeds correctly and the image is created to load the DSM but when I get to this screen I can't go on anymore, it's not clear to me what I have to enter (in previous systems up to 7.1 I hadn't seen it, I tried to do a search on the subject but it's possible that I put the question wrong and I didn't find anything) and I'm stuck, can someone help me out?? Thank you

image.thumb.png.caf3886a5492410d1f6bea701b397bb2.png

7 minutes ago, PincoPalla said:

Hi all, I'm doing installation tests on v.m. of the DSM both with RedPill support tool (m shell) and with ARPL starting from version 7.1.1 (42962) and then try to upgrade to 7.2 to see how it behaves and how to do it to then install it on a bare metal machine . everything proceeds correctly and the image is created to load the DSM but when I get to this screen I can't go on anymore, it's not clear to me what I have to enter (in previous systems up to 7.1 I hadn't seen it, I tried to do a search on the subject but it's possible that I put the question wrong and I didn't find anything) and I'm stuck, can someone help me out?? Thank you

You cant upgrade to 7.2 i try it with a clean install with no data o. Disc but it 64xxx build number so we need to wait the build numbers are updated to go to 7.2 i guess 

59 minutes ago, PincoPalla said:

This happens because your browser cached this page.

Try clear your browser cache or use private/incognito mode.

i have Asus Prime H310I-Pluss with HDD  NVMe

Intel® Socket 1151 for 8th Generation i5/Core™

Intel® H310 Chipset :

DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz

Realtek® RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN

Please help to install? I used DSM DS920+ as model and after boot creation I was able to continue the installation by loading OS DSM_DS920+_64561.pat via http (I was able to install it on a Sata HDD not on the NVMe one) My PC has a blinking cursor and it doesn't boot

3 hours ago, thanhvo said:

i install ds3622xs on HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server . but not detected drives. please help me!

Your RAID-card has to be in IT-mode!

See, if you can x-flash it...

Use google!

Edited by jollmo

On 7/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, fbelavenuto said:

Hello everyone, I would like to share a personal project that I am developing. It is another loader for TTG Redpill, intended to be as automatic and user-friendly as possible.

The link is below, download the image and record it on a flash drive, the rest is done on the same computer.

I'm Brazilian and I'm not good at English language, so forgive me for translation errors.

I used forum knowledge and code from various loaders developed by TTG, pocopico, jumkey, Jun and many others.

Hope you like it.

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl

Edit: An important information that I forgot to mention is that I developed a simple patch to no longer display the DUMMY port error on models without device-tree, the user will be able to install without having to worry about it

Awesome work you've done with this tool.

I have a questions that I would like to know if anybody can help me solve.

When I check the SATA ports and drives, I can see that my SATA expansion card (12 ports) doesn't map the ports together.  So, the drives get recognized as not being in a contiguous set of ports.

drives.PNG.464b6efa7d1aaff224924e3540695984.PNG drives2.PNG.52e08c7b5522890b2a729307e995549a.PNG

Is there any way to remove the empty (not used) port numbers and have all my drives show contiguously?

----

ANSWERING MYSELF FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS

----

Here's how I solved it for my particular case:

Problem: I have a PCIE SATA expansion card.  It has 12 physical ports but it has 24 virtual ports in its firmware.  I needed to remap drives 17-24 to empty ports 5-12.

Here's what I did:

1. In ARPL, add a new Cmdline option using these steps:

image.png.d97435447a9403b450365dd3a367c7df.png

2. Name of the option: sata_remap

3. Values are written in the following format:  [Current Number - 1]>[Where I Want It - 1]

4. Since I had to remap 8 ports, I kept adding using the :

5. Final value was like this:

image.png.8658c115927d0a8b04e034be5d653094.png

6. Re-built the loader

7. Re-loaded DSM

8. Problem fixed, now my drives are shown "sequentially" (when I took this picture, drive 2 was removed):

image.png.bd59bfeab50d357456348e335288a550.png

image.png.23b0bba2291d02dfc91b2f27a5788e43.png

Edited by PREngineer
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, PREngineer said:

Awesome work you've done with this tool.

I have a questions that I would like to know if anybody can help me solve.

When I check the SATA ports and drives, I can see that my SATA expansion card (12 ports) doesn't map the ports together.  So, the drives get recognized as not being in a contiguous set of ports.

drives.PNG.464b6efa7d1aaff224924e3540695984.PNG drives2.PNG.52e08c7b5522890b2a729307e995549a.PNG

Is there any way to remove the empty (not used) port numbers and have all my drives show contiguously?

Their are ways to fix it but it's "complicate" and it's more of a trial and error.

Most of the time we suggest to users to let it go. Technically there is NO issue when the drives look like this.

If you have a major OCD :) you could install a model that supports Directory Tree instead which maps the drives different and you do not have this issue.

2 minutes ago, gadreel said:

Their are ways to fix it but it's "complicate" and it's more of a trial and error.

Most of the time we suggest to users to let it go. Technically there is NO issue when the drives look like this.

If you have a major OCD :) you could install a model that supports Directory Tree instead which maps the drives different and you do not have this issue.

Hi, thanks for replying!

No worries.  I figured it out with a little Googling.

I tried to make it easy to understand for anybody having the same issue.

I posted the answer by editing the previous post.

• Like 2

Hi all! 

I just tried a GTX 1650 VGA card in a custom built nas (Asrock H410M-itx mobo, i3-10100 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM.

If i use DVA3221 loader,  must use the VGA card to get AI functions, but my nas power consumption was 26W before  without card, and after i pushed into a slot,  jumped to  a very high 84W with card.

It's an idle consumpltion with some running apps, not transcoding, not anything that lifted CPU use over 5%.  

What's the difference between DVA3221 image +GTX1650,  and  DVA1622 + integrated intel VGA  AI functions? I use 2 cameras only.    

At this point i am will be satisfied with that two cameras, if i get SAME AI functions. 

Thanks for reply! 

Edited by Rick4

2 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Hi all! 

I just tried a GTX 1650 VGA card in a custom built nas (Asrock H410M-itx mobo, i3-10100 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM.

If i use DVA3221 loader,  must use the VGA card to get AI functions, but my nas power consumption was 26W before  without card, and after i pushed into a slot,  jumped to  a very high 84W with card.

It's an idle consumpltion with some running apps, not transcoding, not anything that lifted CPU use over 5%.  

What's the difference between DVA3221 image +GTX1650,  and  DVA1622 + integrated intel VGA  AI functions? I use 2 cameras only.    

At this point i am will be satisfied with that two cameras, if i get SAME AI functions. 

Thanks for reply! 

The 1622 can only do 2 tasks (people/vehicle detection), or only just 1 face detection.  If 1 (people/vehicle) task per camera is sufficient, with two cameras, the 1622 image is an option and should have much lower consumption.

Another thing I noticed is if you leave the monitor centre open on the external display (I used 5 cameras, some with AI), it will cost CPU.  I usually close it and reopen it on the local display when I need it.