XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Il y a 16 heures, gericb a dit :

What about ditching the idea of the onboard NIC(s) and getting a secondary PCIe card, known to be fully supported? I got a dual port Intel T350-T2V2 for like $45.  There are 4 port versions as well!

Already did, just don't know if mine is a v2

Il y a 19 heures, mojojojotroi a dit :

....so I bought a Intel i350-T2 to plug on PCI-E port, same problem...

1 hour ago, wjz304 said:

Which model? Try 3622,

That was 920+, but tried another few models 920+ 923+, 3615 3617, 3622, but no luck. At this moment tried your advice, but no luck also. Put a hdd with installed dsm files pulled froma working server,  etc etc, but no luck also... 

Yesterday burned image to a 60GB SD (my another server use small SSD, because it's fast, and working without any issues, usb flasd drives are worse choice at me. But unfortunately that SSD, more flash drives, card readers and more SD and microSD cards bring  same result. 

I buy it with 16GB DDR4 so dimm and 512GB nvme SSD, with preinstalled win10, al ok, booting, working, network working also like a charm, so the hardware completely OK.  

Edited by Rick4

1 hour ago, Rick4 said:

That was 920+, but tried another few models 920+ 923+, 3615 3617, 3622, but no luck. At this moment tried your advice, but no luck also. Put a hdd with installed dsm files pulled froma working server,  etc etc, but no luck also... 

Yesterday burned image to a 60GB SD (my another server use small SSD, because it's fast, and working without any issues, usb flasd drives are worse choice at me. But unfortunately that SSD, more flash drives, card readers and more SD and microSD cards bring  same result. 

I buy it with 16GB DDR4 so dimm and 512GB nvme SSD, with preinstalled win10, al ok, booting, working, network working also like a charm, so the hardware completely OK.  

Checked all bios settings, looks like all ok, but i suspect one part of my issue, i have a double I226V intel 2.5G NICs, have anybody, who can use same hardware without issues?  

Edited by Rick4

Just now, The Chief said:

It worked in original ARPL, but not in ARPL-i18n. Nor 'hddbd' plugin — DSM can't start.

Last evening tried more and more methods, arpl, arpl i18n fork, arc, old jun's loader,  and the other side another flash drives, another ssd, another image-, but unfortunately still no luck. Until the setting áll ok, after hit enter on "boot the loader",  nothing happens. 

8 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Last evening tried more and more methods, arpl, arpl i18n fork, arc, old jun's loader,  and the other side another flash drives, another ssd, another image-, but unfortunately still no luck. Until the setting áll ok, after hit enter on "boot the loader",  nothing happens. 

Today tried ARPL i18n fork with direct boot and a spare 6TB WD purple pulled from a complete working server,  but no luck, same behavior as before, nothing happens. 

42分钟前,Rick4说:

今天尝试了直接启动的 ARPL i18n 分叉和从完整工作服务器中提取的备用 6TB WD 紫色,但没有运气,与以前的行为相同,没有任何反应。

1.可以先获取网卡的PID vid,看看驱动源码是否支持。

2.可以附加其他带有USB/PCI的网卡,以确认是否是网卡驱动程序问题,

3.可以虚拟化平台,直接连接网卡,并附加虚拟网卡确认。

5 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

1.可以先获取网卡的PID vid,看看驱动源码是否支持。

2.可以附加其他带有USB/PCI的网卡,以确认是否是网卡驱动程序问题,

3.可以虚拟化平台,直接连接网卡,并附加虚拟网卡确认。

Sorry, i am a Hungarian, i can't read that chinese words. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick4 said:

Sorry, i am a Hungarian, i can't read that chinese words. 

1. You can first obtain the PID vid of the network card and see if the driver source code supports it.

2. Other network cards with USB/PCI can be attached to confirm if it is a network card driver issue,

3. It is possible to virtualize the platform, directly connect to the network card, and attach virtual network card confirmation.

6 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Sorry, my English is also not good. Many times I cannot express myself clearly in English

The hardware is okay, but unofficial hardware drivers under the syno system are all ported and compiled by us,

Sometimes newer sub models of hardware may be incompatible,

25 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

Sorry, my English is also not good. Many times I cannot express myself clearly in English

The hardware is okay, but unofficial hardware drivers under the syno system are all ported and compiled by us,

Sometimes newer sub models of hardware may be incompatible,

Yes, completely understand that, but i seen, many more hardware drivers can install to boot hardware, and i am thinking about, only the  i226v network card will be the issue. But i haven't any informations about that nic, so i ask the forum, others can use same or not? 

Edited by Rick4

7 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Yes, completely understand that, but i seen, many more hardware drivers can install to boot hardware, and i am thinking about, only the  i226v network card will be the issue. But i haven't any informations about that nis, so i ask the forum, others can use same or not? 

image.thumb.png.8a7ee01b122762ace8a53ecdd82d2c39.pngimage.png.851fc78605fc06fc152555018b523582.png

This is the pciid of i225/226 currently supported by igc.ko,  You can see the pciid of your network card on Linux through `lspci - nn`

54 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

lspci -nn

Installed truenas within few minutes, all ok, working, so i hope,  xpenology will works on my hardware.. i hope you know, what we want to see. :-))

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Rick4

10 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Istalled truenas within few minutes, all ok, working, so i hope,  xpenology will works on my hardware.. i hope you know, what we want to see. :-))

tried "pciconfig -lv" command, ang get that lines: 

5.jpg.b50db4608db14eacbcce53b065231361.jpg

Edited by Rick4