XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

4 minutes ago, altas said:

DSM 7.2 is RC now

I have the RC version installed already in one of my test systems and the feeling is that its not that stable as 7.1.1 is/was. Of course its your choice and you can decide whether the good  operation is critical or not. If you have a stable system and there is no clear reason for you to upgrade, i would stay at 7.1.1 U6 (for now). 

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, djvas335 said:

Actually DSM 7.2 final was released on 22 May 2023, I am running it on several servers with latest loader, did not see any stability issues.

The final version is DSM 7.2-64570 released on June 8, 2023.
https://www.synology.com/en-us/releaseNote/DSM?model=DS920%2B#7_2

The information below describes the improvements made in 7.2-64561, but I don't think it's a big issue.
Regarding the stability issue in 7.2-64561, it is up to the user to decide whether to update to the final version again.

8. This update includes fixes to the below issues mentioned in 7.2-64561:
    * Fixed an issue where updating to DSM 7.2 might fail if users' Synology NAS weren't connected to the Internet.
    * Fixed an issue where, when the Encryption Key Vault of encrypted volumes was set on a KMIP server, the system would not be able to auto-unlock these volumes after a restart.
    * Fixed an issue where, if Web Station was installed on an encrypted volume, resetting the system would cause the volume to crash.
    * Updated C2 Identity Edge Server to version 1.52.0-0186 to ensure its availability and functionality.

I just updated to dsm 7.2 DS920+ and realized afterwards that apparently /dev/dri/ is no longer available. I have an old board with a J4105. I would really appreciate a hint to get hw transcoding working again. The board is an ASRock 90-MXB6N0-A0UAYZ if that helps

root@box:/home/tc# ./rploader.sh serialgen DS1621xs+ realmac
Error : DS1621xs+ is not an available model for serial number generation.
Available Models : DS3615xs DS3617xs DS916+ DS918+ DS920+ DS3622xs+ FS6400 DVA3219 DVA3221 DS1621+ DVA1622 DS2422+ RS4021xs+ DS923+ DS1522+ SA6400 FS2500 RS3413xs+ DS1019+ DS1520+ DS1621xs+ DS723+
root@box:/home/tc#

On 6/12/2023 at 10:23 AM, pocopico said:

To my knowledge, Microservers G7 are having issues with kexec so no Friend for NXX. You can instead use the staticboot option on user_config.json and in case of an upgrade, selecting TCRP Friend will process an upgrade but will reboot and default to USB after that. 

Not sure I understand; with staticboot (or "direct boot") in de user_config.json enabled, what exactly is the benefit of that? 

What should I do when an update of DSM (or TCRP?) comes out?  

On 6/15/2023 at 2:30 PM, pierdziawa said:

Hi i have problem with my syno on vm

cant see any apps in package center and have connection failed but all docker images works fine. 
3 days ago it worked great and was fine

IMG_5749.jpeg

Can you check your DNS server setting ?

• Like 1

Dear all - 

I discover this solution this week-end and I have installed the latest version of TinyCore + DSM 7.2-64570 (I selected the lastest version for DS3622xs+) : it's works since this sunday. In fact, I made a upgrade from DSM 6.2 to DSM 7.2 after a crash of my loader 1.02b : I had nothing left to lose. I hope this has been useful.

@pocopico

Thanks again, with your solution (i.e., TinyCore) : I was able to recover my NAS.

• Like 2

Hey guys, trying to install any platform, I keep getting drives not found. Not using a raid card, its just the hdd controller on the motherboard. All extensions are being detected. I'm also getting "unable to detect if pat is encrypted" error on anything 7.2 no matter the version. I tried to go back and use the previous loader version, but it wouldn't auto add extensions. Any suggestions will be appreciated

22 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

Hey guys, trying to install any platform, I keep getting drives not found. Not using a raid card, its just the hdd controller on the motherboard. All extensions are being detected. I'm also getting "unable to detect if pat is encrypted" error on anything 7.2 no matter the version. I tried to go back and use the previous loader version, but it wouldn't auto add extensions. Any suggestions will be appreciated

For which model ? 

1 hour ago, Dvalin21 said:

Were you able to install it without issue?

Today I have installed VM laboratory on ESXi and failed, while installing DSM. Pocopico was faster then Peter Suh with reparations so I used original tcrp after Pocopico had repaired that. Worked like a charm