XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

I will test later today, I need to build an additional system for testing as other systems are running in production as of now, also please note that mshell build requires partition size expansion as default partition size of tcrp is not sufficient for the mshell to build the loader.

2 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

There is one thing different from the last test with you.
The link below is a place where vanilla modules related to mlx4 are kept.
https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/tree/main/vanilla/broadwellnk-4.4.302

In addition to mlx4_en.ko and mlx4_core.ko , we have confirmed that mlx_compat.ko has additional dependencies.
Have you tried the added version as a vanilla module up to mlx_compat.ko with MSHELL?
Could you please confirm that this test also shows the logs you are concerned about?

53 minutes ago, djvas335 said:

I will test later today, I need to build an additional system for testing as other systems are running in production as of now, also please note that mshell build requires partition size expansion as default partition size of tcrp is not sufficient for the mshell to build the loader.

Don't use pocopico's TCRP img, rather re-record with MShell's img.

There is no problem if you back up only the SN and MAC information and write them again.
This seems like a quick way to switch to M SHELL.

Tested, no more log noise

Screenshot2023-06-27at14_18_19.thumb.png.772c2189f752c48ff62228f76b8bb34a.png

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

Don't use pocopico's TCRP img, rather re-record with MShell's img.

There is no problem if you back up only the SN and MAC information and write them again.
This seems like a quick way to switch to M SHELL.

• Thanks 1

However something is still missing, please see screenshot from system running without mlx4 in all-modules, please note the part with mlx4_ib, its missing from screenshot from storage7

Screenshot2023-06-27at15_14_58.thumb.png.645f86214febb798afab1d9d5e7677cf.png

30 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

It seems that the response time of the nic module is also faster than the result of last noise.

Screenshot2023-06-01at18_03_05.thumb.png.2057ddda51282c66408d99a474feda0f.png.a0d01c36893134d9b98fb55233d70cda.png

10 minutes ago, djvas335 said:

I removed mlx4_core.ko and mlx4_en.ko

Using the vanilla mlx_compat.ko was effective in getting rid of the noise, but the loading of mlx4_ib.ko seems to be missing. In addition, the log indicates that the speed is also reduced without the loading of this module.
After figuring out the characteristics of this module file a little more, let's find out how.

Please also note the systems are different, storage3 is a microserver gen10 Plus and storage7 is microserver gen8, you can see that mlx4 is not running at full pciex speed on storage7 because of cpu bus limitation.

3 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

Using the vanilla mlx_compat.ko was effective in getting rid of the noise, but the loading of mlx4_ib.ko seems to be missing. In addition, the log indicates that the speed is also reduced without the loading of this module.
After figuring out the characteristics of this module file a little more, let's find out how.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use ATTO ExpressSAS H60F controller with the latest tinycore-redpill.v0.9.4.9

During the configuration portion in the initial TCRP setup,

when I run :

./rploader.sh satamap

it shows 0 (zero drives), but there are actually 24 drives plugged-in.

It appears to have properly detected the controllers, but it doesn't see the HDDs are attached.

surely enough after I run backup and build commands,

then reboot and connect with Synology Agent the DSM welcome pages shows up with a warning about no drives installed.

How do I go about making TCRP see my HDDs connected to the ATTO H60F ?

Do I need another driver?
Do I need to configure something else?

Edited by AllGamer

I tried to install the latest DSM 7.2.0 version on VMware with the latest version of tinyredpill 0.9.4.9c. I have an LSI controller and when I build the platform on tcpr I cannot find the drivers for it. I use RS4021xs+ platform, but I tried with DS3622xs+ with the same result: no disk found by the LSI controller. Is there a driver for this version?

Thanks

Hi all! 

I just bought a brand new topton mini nas with Ryzen 5 5500u CPU, 16GB RAM, dual i226v 2X2.5G NICs, dual nvme slots, and dual sata 3.5" hdd place. I want to migrate my other xpenology HDD from my working server (i3-10100 CPU), but betore try a fresh install with a blank HDD.

But unfortunately i can't load any loader that can be booting really, checked everything, tried more SDcards, hdd-s, SSDs, cables, bios settings from a defalut to a really customized, no luck. Finally tried  tcrp (i don't love console windows) bu no luck also. Tried to ping google, tried to made update now command, but no luck also 

Have somebody any idea, what will be wrong?   

I have to use pihole on the oldserver, but all other pc-s, laptops, tvs, etc etc working without any issues, tried to change cable, all working good at a spare pc. Tried to set dns sertver to  google dns in router, same result, looks like tiny server can't get internet.

ARPL, ARC, ARPL i18n  images can download pat files, all functions works good until they must boot to loader.. 

IMG_20230707_131140.jpg

Edited by Rick4

37 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Hi all! 

I just bought a brand new topton mini nas with Ryzen 5 5500u CPU, 16GB RAM, dual i226v 2X2.5G NICs, dual nvme slots, and dual sata 3.5" hdd place. I want to migrate my other xpenology HDD from my working server (i3-10100 CPU), but betore try a fresh install with a blank HDD.

But unfortunately i can't load any loader that can be booting really, checked everything, tried more SDcards, hdd-s, SSDs, cables, bios settings from a defalut to a really customized, no luck. Finally tried  tcrp (i don't love console windows) bu no luck also. Tried to ping google, tried to made update now command, but no luck also 

Have somebody any idea, what will be wrong?   

I have to use pihole on the oldserver, but all other pc-s, laptops, tvs, etc etc working without any issues, tried to change cable, all working good at a spare pc. Tried to set dns sertver to  google dns in router, same result, looks like tiny server can't get internet.

ARPL, ARC, ARPL i18n  images can download pat files, all functions works good until they must boot to loader.. 

Few minutes just tried install rockstor nas image, that works, so maybe xpenology haven't any driver to a brand new hardware, or other issues block  working, but the tiny nas works good with other software. 

37 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

IMG_20230707_131140.jpg

Edited by Rick4

Question for anyone that may have seen this behavior. I have an old T20 Dell Tower with 4 3.5 4tb hard drives. I installed DSM 7.2 923+ on it and everything seems fine except this is the only platform that I've seen that makes your hdd run excessively hot. The temp is averaged at 126F or around 50C. Has anyone else seen this?  Thanks. 

20 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Few minutes just tried install rockstor nas image, that works, so maybe xpenology haven't any driver to a brand new hardware, or other issues block  working, but the tiny nas works good with other software. 

Installed truenas core, all ok, gel full internet speed, can update, can install addons, etc etc, so that works good, but interface and services are far far away from xpenology. At this point i don't know what will be the next step, i am stuck at here. Hope somebody can help me. 

11 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Installed truenas core, all ok, gel full internet speed, can update, can install addons, etc etc, so that works good, but interface and services are far far away from xpenology. At this point i don't know what will be the next step, i am stuck at here. Hope somebody can help me. 

You can try terramaster nas os. There has been breakthroughs on getting it installed on third party hardware. If you have Facebook, go to search Xpenology group. You will find the info there.

3 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

You can try terramaster nas os. There has been breakthroughs on getting it installed on third party hardware. If you have Facebook, go to search Xpenology group. You will find the info there.

Thanks, but i am use daily xpenology about 10 years ago, i don't want to use others. I have time to wait, and until that time i get good skill about. 

Hi,

In order to manage from the CLI the volume/patitions (remember that you can resize/shrink BTRFS volumes on-line) it's necessary to have the **FULL** LVM tools. Calling to the "lvm" binary to have access to all tools. However, missing kernel modules don't permit to MOVE VOLUMES OVER PHYSICAL DEVICES. The missing kernel modules are "dm-mirror" (and the related "dm-log" & "dm-region-hash"). So please, could you add these kernel modules to driver packages? Thank you.

Read more here: http://www.gebi1.com/thread-80754-1-1.html

On 7/12/2023 at 9:30 PM, truemanager said:

Hi,

In order to manage from the CLI the volume/patitions (remember that you can resize/shrink BTRFS volumes on-line) it's necessary to have the **FULL** LVM tools. Calling to the "lvm" binary to have access to all tools. However, missing kernel modules don't permit to MOVE VOLUMES OVER PHYSICAL DEVICES. The missing kernel modules are "dm-mirror" (and the related "dm-log" & "dm-region-hash"). So please, could you add these kernel modules to driver packages? Thank you.

Read more here: http://www.gebi1.com/thread-80754-1-1.html

Hi, you can found the patch to support it by "stock" in ARC (and others) in this post:

Edited by truemanager

I want to ask how many drives can LSI 2008 map? As I am currently running 8 drives, when installing 2 new drives, it overwrites 2 old drives on the interface and causes errors. I'm trying to fix the sata map, but when I boot into TC I can't execute the command ./rploader.sh anymore. I tried searching with find -type f -name rploader.sh but it didn't work either. I tried downloading the file rploader.sh from github to include it but when I run it, it can't find the user-config.json file.