XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

37 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

my realtek 8111 LAN

You can use the new option from the latest ARPL release to be able to select which module to use. Try to leave the r8169 selected and the r8168 not, if it still doesn't work invert.
Several people have complained about this same problem and I still don't know how to solve it.

1 hour ago, fbelavenuto said:

You can use the new option from the latest ARPL release to be able to select which module to use. Try to leave the r8169 selected and the r8168 not, if it still doesn't work invert.
Several people have complained about this same problem and I still don't know how to solve it.

I tried your method, that DS920+ loader works, i can see my webinterface, and see,  yesterday used hdd with a DS3617XS system will be migratable, but no luck, i downloaded pat file from link, or tried download through loader, but get an error near 60%, file is corrupted. 

Edited by Rick4
edit

Il y a 1 heure, Peter Suh a dit :

Although the DS3622xs+ is not officially a model that supports SHR, it does not mean that SHR is disabled.
I successfully migrated from DSM6 918+ to DSM7 DS3622xs+ while maintaining SHR.
There seems to be no limitation when migration is required from a model that supports SHR to a model that does not officially support SHR.

Oh! Nice !

I'll give it a try and if it works, I'll manage to get rid of SHR and go back to raid 5!

Do you know if sleep mode for HDD works with DS3622XS+? It's doesn't with my actual DS918+ June Loader raid and it wears a lot hdd :(

1 hour ago, Rick4 said:

I tried your method, that DS920+ loader works, i can see my webinterface, and see,  yesterday used hdd with a DS3617XS system will be migratable, but no luck, i downloaded pat file from link, or tried download through loader, but get an error near 60%, file is corrupted. 

Same result with 920+ 7.1-42661 loader and pat. After 56% uploading,  i get error. 

4 minutes ago, AdictiK5 said:

You must have a problem with the VIP/PID USB keys, repeat the command "./rploader.sh identifierusb".

I had the same problem and this solved it.

No, vpid and apid settings are totally automatic, in this case i simply reflash flash drive with "arpl-0.5-alpha1.img"  plug my flash drive to an another usb, and then set DS3617XS loader in few simply steps, reboot server,  and loader booted, i set final steps in webinterface, download pat file from syno servers, so this works good, at this point i waited for 10 mins only, and then i can log into working xpenology server.  

Now i will try same with ds920+ settings. 

42 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

No, vpid and apid settings are totally automatic, in this case i simply reflash flash drive with "arpl-0.5-alpha1.img"  plug my flash drive to an another usb, and then set DS3617XS loader in few simply steps, reboot server,  and loader booted, i set final steps in webinterface, download pat file from syno servers, so this works good, at this point i waited for 10 mins only, and then i can log into working xpenology server.  

Now i will try same with ds920+ settings. 

And finally my server (asrock J4025 board) with selection  model DS920+ works without touching additional menu points, i just  set

- MODEL

- BUILD( last 42962, that newer than my real DS920+ 42661 up4 build) :-))))

- SERIAL NR. 

only, then after booted, simply tick  download pat from factory server, restart, and then all ok!  So This ARPL a masterpiece! Thank You!

If you get any error, always try anorher usb slot or another flash drive. 

Edited by Rick4

Il y a 4 heures, Valiran34 a dit :

Oh! Nice !

I'll give it a try and if it works, I'll manage to get rid of SHR and go back to raid 5!

Do you know if sleep mode for HDD works with DS3622XS+? It's doesn't with my actual DS918+ June Loader raid and it wears a lot hdd :(

So :(

I tryied DS3622XS+ annnnnnndddd my LSI card is still absent :(

It loads mpt3sas but I think I need mpt2sas because my card name contains "Fusion-MPT SAS-2 "

EDIT: I tryied find.synology.com and it founds my new NAS, and asked me to migrate my data from DS918+ to DS3622XS+ so ARPL don't see my SAS Card, but the Syno yes, that's strange?

Edited by Valiran34

Just now, cRsv6EOUS said:

next problem is How To Set it Up?)

I am only input serial number and model 3617xs. do I need to input build number and to setup other options ?

Pls roll back, i wrote best method to setting sequence: 

And finally my server (asrock J4025 board) with selection  model DS920+ works without touching additional menu points, i just  set

- MODEL

- SERIAL NR. 

only, then after booted, simply tick  download pat from factory server, restart, and then all ok!  So This ARPL a masterpiece! Thank You!

3 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Pls roll back, i wrote best method to setting sequence: 

- MODEL

- SERIAL NR. 

Thanks, you are very positive!) I want to upgrade DSM 6.1.7 . What version i will get with pat file? Also, I want to save my data). If i didnt know build number what shoul I indicate?

1 minute ago, cRsv6EOUS said:

Thanks, you are very positive!) I want to upgrade DSM 6.1.7 . What version i will get with pat file? Also, I want to save my data). If i didnt know build number what shoul I indicate?

Maybe the last (highest version number) was fine.

So you can set model, build, serial no. only, simply goes in menu lower and lower, and you will see "build loader", then  hit enter, and then made a reboot. Mine goes first to bios after that, but i hit  exit bios, and then booted fine, i tied different methods stress testing, simply shut down, and re- powering motherboard (in mobo bios i set "boot after ac power loss), restart, and plug out dc jack, and plug it again, all ok, loader booting without any issue.   

5 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Maybe the last (highest version number) was fine.

So you can set model, build, serial no. only, simply goes in menu lower and lower, and you will see "build loader", then  hit enter, and then made a reboot. Mine goes first to bios after that, but i hit  exit bios, and then booted fine, i tied different methods stress testing, simply shut down, and re- powering motherboard (in mobo bios i set "boot after ac power loss), restart, and plug out dc jack, and plug it again, all ok, loader booting without any issue.   

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.fcb39ddc9153f6abdc9121414c333335.jpg thanks! I boot and found server with assstant. What next?

13 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

The module already exists and should be loaded automatically, without you having to do anything.

"lsiutil" just put the "lsiutil" executable to change settings by command line inside DSM.

I was able to test the mpt3sas module (and mpt2sas) with a Dell Perc H310 card (LSI SAS 2008) and an Inspur something (LSI SAS 2308) and had no problems, but several people are complaining that some didn't work, so I still don't know how fix this problem.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the excellent loader. I am using DX3622xs

Up till v04.alpha12, LSI HBA card (LSI 9208, 2308) worked well, and can use SAS HDDs. But after update to v05.alpha1, SAS HDDs cannot be detected anymore. SATA HDDs are fine. Tried to select all modules mentioned SAS, but still the same.

I am using ESXi, did a fresh install of DX3622xs, same problem, cannot detect SAS HDDs. Please help.

Worked a treat.

Replaced tinycore-redpill.v0.9.2.5 with arpl-0.5-alpha1 bootloader

DSM 7.1.0 update 4 to DSM 7.1.0 update 4

Synology Assistant reported "Recovery", connected, zipped around to 100% and started the recovery.

System back up and running with DSM 7.1.0 update 4 with no intermediate updates required. All apps working fine and "Control Panel/Update and Restore" screen working again.

Hats off to both developers.

Stock Baremetal HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 - Further details in the signature.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I would have a proposal to make to the administrators of the forum and developers, I see that for example the topic "automated redpill loader" has been moved to loaders as it has arrived at a stable version, and therefore I would like to propose to developers to make a guide ( to be set apart, and only editable by the developer himself if there are any changes) concise enough to guide you step by step and explain the commands and what they are for. Now in the case of the Automated redpill loader it is very simple and intuitive (I managed it too ....) but in the case of the other type of loader (Tinycore Redpill loader) it could be a little more complicated (there is already a guide made by FlyRide) but I see that for example the TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP) - Development version 0.9 (which is still under development, but in anticipation of a stable version) there are a series of "new" commands for example " bringfriend ”I think it would be appropriate to explain what it is, what it is for and how to install it and how to use it (it is also possible that I plan to do it, I would do it if I were able to). I remember that the development topics and then moved to fixed sections contain a bit of everything characteristics of the development, I also remember that topics of 160/170 pages are in fact useless (at least as I see things) even by activating the search function. I am not a big expert in software developer but in organization and documentation management enough, this is my advice. If needed, I will also put this request on the topic TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP). I wanted to thank the developers and administrators for their work. Thank you

• Like 2