XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

On 10/8/2022 at 6:44 PM, RacerX said:

Tested DS3622 42962 loader 0.5-alpha1

HPE Gen10 Microserver- AMD Opteron X3216 (2 CPU cores/4 GPU cores, up to 3.0 GHz, 12-15 W, 1MB)

Chelsio T520 controller

1 5tb sata drive connected to onboard Marvell controller (the controller shows up in the menu.sh)

After I build it and reboot

There is a black cursor for 1.5 minutes. Then it loads and gets an Ip adress (switch is lit for the 10gb connection)

Loading DSM kernel  it's fine (connection is still lit)

When the next message comes up "booting" it shuts off my 10gb instantly the port goes dark

Why does it turn off my nic?

It's definitely missing a driver for your network card.
Please open an issue at "https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/issues" requesting this module, it will make my life easier.

1 hour ago, fbelavenuto said:

Not for now! First I want to fix all issues are possible.

No problem, understandable :)

Speaking of issues - I seem to be getting a weird issue.

I have a DS3622 (Also tried RS4021xs) build via Proxmox - I have passed through a Intel X550-T2 adapter which is registered fine inside DSM, it recognizes it, theres link and it shows 10GBit - But I can't seem to push it over 100Megabytes per sec (Sub 1Gbit) - Iperf3 shows exactly the same values - sub 1gbit.

I've previously had 4-500MB/s with the same setup.

Could this be a bad driver issue?

I've tried reinstalling it multiple times without any result. 

Hi all! I built my 2nd server Asrock Q1900B +2X4GB RAM, ARPL works, but i did  someting with kb or mose, because  i get huge blurry characters. 

How can i get back  a regular size characters? 

I think i set out resolution, and i get that black- white page with flaching cursor. I just tried same pc with a win11 installer, all ok, i get wonderful small and sharp edged characters.. What happens with it? 

322x62.jpg

IMG_20221011_020625.jpg

Edited by Rick4

Looks like, i just found a bug, i have  two servers, one wih Asrock J4025, and one with an Asrock J1900, 2nd was a backup server 6-7 years ago without any issues. I used that servers  with an old DMS 6.X loader, at 2nd server set time to start to 21:00, and set time to stop to 21:15, between this time my 1st server backupped folders, so 2nd  server, so it  works only 15 mins daily. 

I just updated all two to newest DS920+ loader, looks like works like a charm, but if i check time in bios, and start dsm, after that i get 2 hours earlier than real time in bios. If i set again real time in bios, anf then  made a loader start, booted up,  dsm check time from various servers, and maybe reset bios time, after i check time in bios again, i see wrong time again and again. 

Bios battery new, bios updated to last, so dsm set wrong time. 

Territory and other time setting are good, i checked twice, tried to set start and stop time, dsm recognizes my settings, but get "connection error, try again" message, so at this point this function doesn't work, pls fix it, if available. 

Thanks!

Edited by Rick4

1 hour ago, Rick4 said:

Looks like, i just found a bug, i have  two servers, one wih Asrock J4025, and one with an Asrock J1900, 2nd was a backup server 6-7 years ago without any issues. I used that servers  with an old DMS 6.X loader, at 2nd server set time to start to 21:00, and set time to stop to 21:15, between this time my 1st server backupped folders, so 2nd  server, so it  works only 15 mins daily. 

I just updated all two to newest DS920+ loader, looks like works like a charm, but if i check time in bios, and start dsm, after that i get 2 hours earlier than real time in bios. If i set again real time in bios, anf then  made a loader start, booted up,  dsm check time from various servers, and maybe reset bios time, after i check time in bios again, i see wrong time again and again. 

Bios battery new, bios updated to last, so dsm set wrong time. 

Territory and other time setting are good, i checked twice, tried to set start and stop time, dsm recognizes my settings, but get "connection error, try again" message, so at this point this function doesn't work, pls fix it, if available. 

Thanks!

There is a known fix on latest versions of ARPL mainly related to the kpatch process. More here

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/issues/174

7 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Thanks, i will try it and report within one hours. Have you ani idea about my other issue? I posted it at #980. 

You can set the gfxmode on grub to vga 

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/blob/98c7c67b232015219163f2f713741d504020a3e1/files/board/arpl/p1/grub/grub.cfg#L42

e.g. set gfxmode=1024x768

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

You can set the gfxmode on grub to vga 

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/blob/98c7c67b232015219163f2f713741d504020a3e1/files/board/arpl/p1/grub/grub.cfg#L42

e.g. set gfxmode=1024x768

Thanks @pocopico.

I've fixed in the last commits. The next release the grub will be configured to text mode.

1 hour ago, Rick4 said:

Thanks, i will try it and report within one hours. Have you ani idea about my other issue? I posted it at #980. 

I just completely formatted flash drive,  burned again latest  ARPL, and then booted to configure menu,  updated all modules, addons, as you wrote, then set build, chozen model  DS920+, generate serial, etc, built loader, rebooted ad test, after restart dsm set wrong time again, so  this method  doesn't help.

I just tried set to manual time, then bios time remains correct, but dsm time wad added + 2 hours. Crazy.  Timed start and stop still doesn't work.  

1 hour ago, Rick4 said:

I just completely formatted flash drive,  burned again latest  ARPL, and then booted to configure menu,  updated all modules, addons, as you wrote, then set build, chozen model  DS920+, generate serial, etc, built loader, rebooted ad test, after restart dsm set wrong time again, so  this method  doesn't help.

I just tried set to manual time, then bios time remains correct, but dsm time wad added + 2 hours. Crazy.  Timed start and stop still doesn't work.  

I just tried again, completely erased flash drive, burn inmage, boot, and then 

update arpl (no new,  to force update, so dismiss)
addons
lkms
modules
after that i made a manual reboot 

then set all, 
chozen model ds920+
build number
generate serial,
boot then check time update from any server

and then reboot, check bios time

Finally this method   doesn't work. DSM set mobo bios 2 hours earlier. Checked twice, runs same round triple, same result.  

Edited by Rick4

43 minutes ago, NooL said:

I meant in the arpl image :) Nothing has been changed elsewhere in my setup.

Do you need any information from me to troubleshoot the issue? like a output of something?

btw: great work as always :)

Sorry for the quick response. No further information is needed, but I am investigating the issue.

• Thanks 1

Just tested again a complete formatted and burned SSD at my 2nd server (Asrock J4105) 
Everything's updated, set model, build, serial, build loader etc etc etc as i read. 
Booted succesfully, and then check in DSM time servers update. 

with 1st ntp server (time.google.com) my ds920+ can't sync, and  do not set wrong bios time
in this case timed for start ot stop doesn't work 
and crontab page visible power on and stop functions, but  doesn't work. 

with 2nd option (pool.ntp.org) time update succesful,  but it set wrong  bios time (2 hours earlier than real) 

with 3rd option (time.nist.gov) i get time  update in dsm, but get connection error in set power on or power off settings.

I just switched powering step order, 
Power stop function works, so server can use timed  switch power off, because can read real time
but can' switch  power on, because bios has got wrong time  update, i see time  2 hours earlier again and again.   

I hope, it's a root user issue only. 

Edited by Rick4