[    5.505404] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
mount: mounting [    5.506129] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
tmpfs on /dev/shm failed: Invali[    5.507066] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
d argument
mount: mounting tmpfs on /tmp failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting tmpfs on /run failed: Invalid argument

Is it important ?

On 10/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, fbelavenuto said:

It's definitely missing a driver for your network card.
Please open an issue at "https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/issues" requesting this module, it will make my life easier.

I just opened an issue for the chelsio nics  at

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/issues

thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reefie said:

Just installed using this loader for the 1st time, amazing work. Thank you.

I have a cosmetic problem that I could do with some help with if possible:

image.thumb.png.856625f2a17b671b0e351d3d12f37ffd.png

Is there a way to remap Port 5 to 4 so that they appear consecutive in DSM?

There is - You will need to add a cmdline with sata remap I believe.

Have a look at this topic - It should explain it :) Otherwise just ask

On 10/7/2022 at 4:27 PM, Valiran34 said:

Hello,

It doesn't work with img on Unraid. instead download the VMDK version use OVMF Q35-6.2, don't put anything in "OS Install ISO", select USB3 QEMU, 1st disk manual and manually type the path do you APRL.vmdk (not the flat) (and select SATA boot order 1). Next add you personnals HDD as your wish and boot :)

are you sure it has to be the APRL.vmdk and not the flat-version? I just get a "Shell>" prompt when booting the non-flat version and I can not do anything there

On 10/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, xonic said:

Hello,

with the latest arpl on Vmware, the serial output show this error:

Loading kernel...
Loading initramfs...
Booting...
[    5.505404] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
mount: mounting [    5.506129] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
tmpfs on /dev/shm failed: Invali[    5.507066] tmpfs: Unknown parameter 'mode'
d argument
mount: mounting tmpfs on /tmp failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting tmpfs on /run failed: Invalid argument

Is it important ?

No, is safe to ignore.

First I want to thank everyone who contributed in making this loader work.

I managed to install the loader in VM Ware. I used the loader on first SATA controller and data HDD on SCSI controller and to make the HDD visible in DSM I had to use SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap, but as can be seen in picture below the HDD shows on second slot. I tried different values for SataPortMap, value 08 -> HDD not detected in DMS, value 18 HDD is on slot 2, value 28 HDD is on slot 3. Anybody knows what value is right to get the HDD on slot 1?

Capture.JPG

Edited by sk0rpion22

18 minutes ago, sk0rpion22 said:

First I want to thank everyone who contributed in making this loader work.

I managed to install the loader in VM Ware. I used the loader on first SATA controller and data HDD on SCSI controller and to make the HDD visible in DSM I had to use SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap, but as can be seen in picture below the HDD shows on second slot. I tried different values for SataPortMap, value 08 -> HDD not detected in DMS, value 18 HDD is on slot 2, value 28 HDD is on slot 3. Anybody knows what value is right to get the HDD on slot 1?

Capture.JPG

This works correctly, Do this and Not have those after install troubles, Make life easy for yourself

Edited by Green

Hello: I am testing the version of automatic redpill loader and it works great.

There are only 2 things that don't work for me. I hope someone helps me.

I am coming from JUN'S LOADER v1.04b - DS918+ and DSM version 6.2.3-25426 My computer is an Msi B360m Pro-vd / Intel Celeron G5400 Gold / 2x4Gb ram DDR-4.

1- In the hardware and power options, energy program I have set it to turn on and off at a certain time. It turns off, but doesn't turn on. Before it did it automatically without problems

imagen.png.02b20a80c1ac9c56b24710891b29ee88.png

2 - The other question I have is that I have seen that there is an addon called i915-3e98, which can be installed during boot. Everything works fine for me, and I don't know whether to install it because I don't know what benefit it would give me.

imagen.png.5c077156d74c7e73cd356fe59ca47238.png

Many thanks to fbelavenuto and its members and the XPEnology community for their good work.

Edited by TheEvilSide

Just now, TheEvilSide said:

Hello: I am testing the version of automatic redpill loader and it works great.

There are only 2 things that don't work for me. I hope someone helps me.

I am coming from JUN'S LOADER v1.04b - DS918+ and DSM version 6.2.3-25426 My computer is an Msi B360m Pro-vd / Intel Celeron G5400 Gold / 2x4Gb ram DDR-4.

1- In the hardware and power options, energy program I have set it to turn on and off at a certain time. It turns off, but doesn't turn on. Before it did it automatically without problems

imagen.png.02b20a80c1ac9c56b24710891b29ee88.png

2 - The other question I have is that I have seen that there is an addon called i915-3e98, which can be installed during boot. Everything works fine for me, and I don't know whether to install it because I don't know what benefit it would give me.

imagen.png.5c077156d74c7e73cd356fe59ca47238.png

Many thanks to fbelavenuto and its members and the XPEnology community for their good work.

1st: read forum before post.

2nd: read forum before post. 

19 minutes ago, TheEvilSide said:

Thank you very much Rick4 In addition to that help or say it is on the internet or search in google. Can you give me any more clues?

Pls read forum, we posted many more issues before you, so you can find really  all answer to your question, do not need post about same situation or issues. 

I have updated from 42661 (tcrp) to 42962-update 1 with the ARPL . everything seems to be ok except some issues. I cannot enable file services , i cannot change hardware settings , i cannot change security settings ... 

image.thumb.png.ce138132fd59e6ce03360d2eba4e25d1.png

This is what I get. 

running on proxmox pve7.2.11 can you help me?

Hello,

This loader is very cool. Good job :) 

I just have one big problem for me. The loader is installed on VM on ESXI in 7.0.3. I have installed the firmware and DSM 7.1.1 it's working fine but I can't create a snapshot on the VM so I can't do backup with VEEAM. Anyone have a fix for this ? I don't undestand why it's not working... I just select the disk 0:0 for the backup, just for save the NAS (loader, dsm...)

I have try, when I create a VM and import the VDMK loader on it, without even starting the vm, we can no longer create a snapshot.

It's normal, I can't boot on the loader if the VM use UEFI ?

Thanks 

Edited by sebigeli

1 hour ago, ditheo said:

I have updated from 42661 (tcrp) to 42962-update 1 with the ARPL . everything seems to be ok except some issues. I cannot enable file services , i cannot change hardware settings , i cannot change security settings ... 

image.thumb.png.ce138132fd59e6ce03360d2eba4e25d1.png

This is what I get. 

running on proxmox pve7.2.11 can you help me?

I will answer to my self and to be written on this forum

I build again the loader and re-upload pat file. Then everything runs fine until I try to change the mtu manually from 1500 to 9000 to vmx3 virtual network card. After that DSM reboots abnormally and files services , security and many more don't work.

15 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Por favor, lea el foro, publicamos muchos más problemas antes que usted, por lo que puede encontrar realmente todas las respuestas a su pregunta, no necesita publicar sobre la misma situación o problemas. 

Hi Rick4.
I have read all the pages of this thread, 41. Nothing is said about power schedule, wake on. I've read much of the redpill thread and haven't seen anyone mention this. I have also read on github and neither.
Before posting to ask for help I have spent a lot of time reading and I have not found any information about it.

Regards

16 minutes ago, TheEvilSide said:

Hi Rick4.
I have read all the pages of this thread, 41. Nothing is said about power schedule, wake on. I've read much of the redpill thread and haven't seen anyone mention this. I have also read on github and neither.
Before posting to ask for help I have spent a lot of time reading and I have not found any information about it.

Regards

Read again, i posted same situation, and others reply me, fbelavenuto said they try to solve issue, etc etc etc, so if you post anythig that discussed in the nearly past, then this forum will stop, because same issues will repeat itself again and again.