XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

2 hours ago, miastek said:

Unfortunately, the Synology assistant app also does not find any Synology device

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-08 175928.png

I this case, i think, you have to chozen a different model from your rig, has a too old cpu, or non- supported LAN card. Try build loader  with other model number. 

1 hour ago, miicker said:

I want to use DS918+ because it is one of the only models that supports hardware transcoding while using plex. I am now using TCRP, but I want to switch to ARPL, is it possible to use a DS918+? I only see DS920 for example.

Umm (where) did you check?

Second post shows multiplke screenshots, including models with 918+ showing.. So thats a yes.

4 minutes ago, NooL said:

Umm (where) did you check?

Second post shows multiplke screenshots, including models with 918+ showing.. So thats a yes.

When I choose "Choose a model", I don't get the option for a DS918+, maybe it has changed? I am using v0.5-alpha1.

Tested DS3622 42962 loader 0.5-alpha1

HPE Gen10 Microserver- AMD Opteron X3216 (2 CPU cores/4 GPU cores, up to 3.0 GHz, 12-15 W, 1MB)

Chelsio T520 controller

1 5tb sata drive connected to onboard Marvell controller (the controller shows up in the menu.sh)

After I build it and reboot

There is a black cursor for 1.5 minutes. Then it loads and gets an Ip adress (switch is lit for the 10gb connection)

Loading DSM kernel  it's fine (connection is still lit)

When the next message comes up "booting" it shuts off my 10gb instantly the port goes dark

Why does it turn off my nic?

Edited by RacerX

17 minutes ago, miicker said:

When I choose "Choose a model", I don't get the option for a DS918+, maybe it has changed? I am using v0.5-alpha1.

free from memory i think you either need to select "Show Beta Models" or ignore CPU flags and then it will show :)

9 hours ago, miicker said:

I used the same loader yesterday as you can see on page 38 - yes, DS918+ is there and it works. So are you sure that your CPU is supported?

On 10/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, miicker said:

918There.png

fbelavenuto, Maybe when you get a chance ,have the time, Please could make the Text & boxes a little bigger
Thanks

Edited by Green

On 10/7/2022 at 10:27 PM, Valiran34 said:

Hello,

It doesn't work with img on Unraid. instead download the VMDK version use OVMF Q35-6.2, don't put anything in "OS Install ISO", select USB3 QEMU, 1st disk manual and manually type the path do you APRL.vmdk (not the flat) (and select SATA boot order 1). Next add you personnals HDD as your wish and boot :)

really not the flat?, i cant startup with APRL.vmdk but can start with flat

Hi, first of all thanks to fbelavenuto to make this easy loader builder.

I have the DSM on a proxmox VM with a passthrough PCIe to SATA disks (Jmicron), loader is on a virtual SATA disk. All is working OK but the sata map is not working. It detects the first 6 ports as Intel controller, then 7 to 12 from the Jmicron controller, and then another Intel controller with a disk connected (I think is the virtual SATA disk with the loader). With Tiny core redpill with the same config SATA map is working correctly.

Regards

Le 08/10/2022 à 11:31, miicker a dit :

Thanks, but I don't get it. Is it just me, or is there no image file when I download ARPL from this github link: https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl 

I am now running TCRP, but there was a clear image file, but for ARPL I cannot find it.

Try this link : https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases

The image files are on the releases page

On 10/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, storm99 said:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the excellent loader. I am using DX3622xs

Up till v04.alpha12, LSI HBA card (LSI 9208, 2308) worked well, and can use SAS HDDs. But after update to v05.alpha1, SAS HDDs cannot be detected anymore. SATA HDDs are fine. Tried to select all modules mentioned SAS, but still the same.

I am using ESXi, did a fresh install of DX3622xs, same problem, cannot detect SAS HDDs. Please help.

Please go to loader, menu option "Modules", select "Select all modules", rebuild the loader and test it.

12 minutes ago, Hemin said:

Hi, first of all thanks to fbelavenuto to make this easy loader builder.

I have the DSM on a proxmox VM with a passthrough PCIe to SATA disks (Jmicron), loader is on a virtual SATA disk. All is working OK but the sata map is not working. It detects the first 6 ports as Intel controller, then 7 to 12 from the Jmicron controller, and then another Intel controller with a disk connected (I think is the virtual SATA disk with the loader). With Tiny core redpill with the same config SATA map is working correctly.

Regards

Please post a screenshot of "menu / cmdline menu / Show SATA(s) # ports and drives".

On 10/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, haldi said:

Found a little Error. fr_CH Keyboard is missing.

Might be because i selected the de_CH keyboard layout?

Thanks for the report, I'll check.

On 10/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, haldi said:

Edit:

This Error comes up if you fail Migration...

image.thumb.png.8ec823b31769511ac79c10f923303e4d.png

Press CTRL+F5 to force cache clean.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, wlqdevil said:

cpu i5 8500
mb: B360M MORTAR TITANIUM
DHCP server is enable

v0.5-alpha1

Failed to waiting IP

thanks!

For some reason the e1000e driver does not work with this card. Other users have reported the same problem. I still haven't figured out the reason but I'll let you know if I can fix it.

• Like 1