XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

On 12/21/2023 at 1:15 AM, Peter Suh said:

This is RR’s current status as received from a community user.
RR seems to be continuously being updated under the name BLACK SYNOLOGY NAS SYSTEM.

Glad to hear it.
I personnally switched to M-shell for SA6400. I will probably do the same for DVA3221 sooner or later.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, T-REX-XP said:

Good news. Thanks for the update.  Does any one tested emmc as a system installation disk? I would like to install DSM to zimaboard? Thanks

4. Add EMMC as the system installation disk (synoinfo).

As soon as I read this point I immediately wanted to try it. I have a mini PC with 64GB EMMC and I would like to use it like this.

I built the loader using ds918+ from USB and the new option in synoinfo:

support_emmc_boot=yes - Only use EMMC as the system disk(applicable without Sata)

When the loader starts, no disk is detected when installing DSM.
I would love to have more explanation from @wjz304 about this point to make it work, that would be great!

If wjz304 needed a tester for this hardware I have 2 different mini pcs with emmc.

• AcePC T11
  • Asus PN40
Edited by iancilos
add

On 12/23/2023 at 12:08 PM, iancilos said:

4. Add EMMC as the system installation disk (synoinfo).

As soon as I read this point I immediately wanted to try it. I have a mini PC with 64GB EMMC and would like to use it like this.

I built the loader using ds918+ from USB and the new option in synoinfo:

support_emmc_boot=yes - Only use EMMC as the system disk(applicable without Sata)

When the loader starts, no disk is detected when installing DSM.
I would love to have more explanation from @wjz304 about this point to make it work; that would be great!

If wjz304 needed a tester for this hardware, I have two mini PCs with emmc.

• AcePC T11
  • Asus PN40

Thanks for your feedback. I also managed to test the installation on the Zimaboard, but I had no luck. Only one drive, that is, external sata ssd, is available to install. But generally the DSM 7.2 is pretty unstable on that HW—quite a slow boot. After a few attempts to install and boot the DSM, I didn't get any successful results. At the same time, under the proxmox, on that sbc, DSM is working fine.

Hi guys!
I've been trying to install DSM on a mini PC for days. Ryzen7 5800U with integrated Radeon graphics, 32gb ddr4, 2 Nic - 1x Realtek R8168 1Gb and Intel I226-v 2.5Gb. I've tried many models of Arc, newest RR and TCRP and they all end up getting an IP after booting and then freezes and I don't get an installation screen. The exception is the SA6400, which starts the installation and starts a loop after the 10-minute countdown. If I reset it, it either starts the installation from the beginning or receives an error message in the place of the installation button. Has anyone encountered something similar? Any tips on what I should try to change?

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Gomb89 said:

Hi guys!
I've been trying to install DSM on a mini PC for days. Ryzen7 5800U with integrated Radeon graphics, 32gb ddr4, 2 Nic - 1x Realtek R8168 1Gb and Intel I226-v 2.5Gb. I've tried many models of Arc, newest RR and TCRP and they all end up getting an IP after booting and then freezes and I don't get an installation screen. The exception is the SA6400, which starts the installation and starts a loop after the 10-minute countdown. If I reset it, it either starts the installation from the beginning or receives an error message in the place of the installation button. Has anyone encountered something similar? Any tips on what I should try to change?

Thanks.

I've had similar issues with an AMD CPU. I gave up and switched to Intel CPUs only. No more issues since then.

Hi guys!
Thanks.

Test it with DS2422+.

3 часа назад, AbuMoosa сказал:

Hi All,

Since ARPL is no more in development, I believe the closest one I can shift to ARC https://github.com/AuxXxilium/arc ? Since this I believe is ARPL fork so I believe I should be able to switch to this without losing my data?

I will say more, you can use any new bootloader without data loss :)

• Like 2

Le 24/12/2023 à 17:24, Gomb89 a dit :

Hi guys!

Thanks.

I had no experience with AMD based systems, but I know there are more issues, so at least choose only the Synology models based on AMD CPU, you will have better luck 😉

Does anyone know if ARC and/or ARPL supports LSI 9200 series controllers ?

The last time I tried it wouldn't detect the drives properly with my ATTO ExpressSAS H60F

I'm shopping for new 16 port cards to replace my old one.

Seems like most people are now using LSI 9300 and 9400 series, but both of them are quite pricey.

Le 25/12/2023 à 21:45, v16v a dit :

How do i update with rr-23.12.3-update.zip

Hello, i'll be also interrested.

As we can't do update through arpl menu which now fails of course.

What is the way to update when you have the zip in your hand ? (i've read there is a convertion step from arpl to rr, i'm a little lost)

Thanks

Edited by znation

8 minutes ago, znation said:

Hello, i'll be also interrested.

As we can't do update through arpl menu which now fails of course.

What is the way to update when you have the zip in your hand ? (i've read there is a convertion step from arpl to rr, i'm a little lost)

Thanks

5 hours ago, v16v said:

Thanks! can you also provide google drive links for the latest files?:

updateall-23.12.10.zip

rr-23.12.10.img.zip

Thanks!

1 hour ago, CITmAn said:

Thanks so much for doing this! I did try to download from the 123pan site but I am unable to register there. Does anyone know how we can register? Even the payment link didn't work for me in the USA. 

To register for a 123pan account, you need to rent a mainland Chinese phone number to receive the otp code.

Can you please remove this direct link to github?
The author will stop updating if it is shared on this forum.
Thank you very much.

39 minutes ago, DaoVanTrong said:

To register for a 123pan account, you need to rent a mainland Chinese phone number to receive the otp code.

Can you please remove this direct link to github?
The author will stop updating if it is shared on this forum.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for this info - do you have a recommendation for a provider to rent mainland Chinese number? I'm kinda new to this. Appreciate the help.

On 12/24/2023 at 5:24 PM, Gomb89 said:

Hi guys!

Thanks.

Simply set bios to uart OFF, and then it will works like a charm.. Watch this: 

AMD CBS -> FCH common Option -> Uart Configuration Options disable uart 

Good luck. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, AllGamer said:

Does anyone know if ARC and/or ARPL supports LSI 9200 series controllers ?

The last time I tried it wouldn't detect the drives properly with my ATTO ExpressSAS H60F

I'm shopping for new 16 port cards to replace my old one.

Seems like most people are now using LSI 9300 and 9400 series, but both of them are quite pricey.

Ask about arc author. 

4 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Simply set bios to uart OFF, and then it will works like a charm.. Watch this: 

AMD CBS -> FCH common Option -> Uart Configuration Options disable uart 

Good luck. 

Dude, you are awesome!! I turned it off and the 1823xs+ booted for the first time! Thank you! 😜😝🤪

I think it doesn't matter what model I install on a 2-disc mini-machine, but there might be an aspect I don't know about, so I'll ask. VMs and Docker will run on it. Basically, it doesn't matter what model it is? I think does not affect performance. At least, I didn't notice any difference between my Intel computers, whichever model I used.