XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

30 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

Sorry, everyone,

Because I was accused of not disclosing all driver source codes, I decided to withdraw from this circle.

Please don't, your contributions are very much appreciated and we don't want to lose you!  Ignore the trolls mate, they're just jealous of your skills!

Edited by boris blank
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

Sorry, everyone,

Because I was accused of not disclosing all driver source codes, I decided to withdraw from this circle.

As others already said, please don't. Don't listen to some garbage users...

Your work is really appreciated and very usefull for all of us.

Please just ignore these few as**oles...

There are 99% silent users very grateful of your work.

• Like 10

Darn, that's sad news....I really hope they reconsider and ignore the idiots.

If the latest version of certain drivers are held within a closed group for testing / further development and a small donation is required to access them, then that's their choice and right.  Support the developers if you want access to the latest stuff.

Really, really liked their loader.

Does anyone have a copy of the latest version of the loader which they can share please ?  The latest version I have is "rr_4GB-23.11.2.img"

Thanks !

Edited by irishj

arpl-i18n (or recently rr) was such an awesome project. Can't believe we lost it... :(

if there's any kind of hope for @wjz304 to revert the decision... please, please, reconsider your decision...

What a massive loss :( 

Even if the decision is final, just want to share my best wishes for you @wjz304. you will be greatly missed...

• Like 6

wjz304 is doing god's work but toxic people ruining devs' hardwork is so common and I hate seeing this again. With fbelavenuto taking a long break it made me fear if the same thing happened to him as well. (not saying it happened, just something that came to my mind)

Please ignore the toxic people and keep doing what you're passionate with.(请无视毒瘤,做你喜爱做的事就好)

If you're having trouble dealing with toxic people, the community is always at your back.

• Like 6

不.. 突然发生这样的事情..
请查明到底是谁干了这么蠢的事 !!
还有wjz304。请不要受伤,带着力量回来。
我为你加油 !!

No.. something like this happens suddenly..
Please find out who did such a foolish thing !!

And wjz304. Please don't get hurt and come back with strength.
I cheer for you !!

Edited by roka7609
  • Like 3

Too bad that someone tries to close such projects, I hope everything will be solved and back to normal. This particular situation shows that other projects and other developers could be at risk as well. Also since many things within loaders require online access it would be impossible to install it offline if account will be banned. Correct me if I am wrong. Big thanks to wjz304 for hard work and wish everything will get back to normal soon enough without any legal proceedings

• Like 1

22 hours ago, YARA said:

Links are appreciated but could you upload this somewhere where it wont take 3 hours to download ?

Edited by derwoodbones

Hello everyone!

I've set up DS3622xs+ with build number 42962 on a bare metal system, running DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 6. It recognized my 4 HDDs and worked like a charm.

Then I shut it down and attached a PCI SATA expansion card and connected an (original) DX510 expansion unit.

Booted it up with an extra disk in this unit. It recognized the unit (see the following screenshot) but it did not recognize the disk. It "thinks" that three of the disks in the main system are also in the expansion (notice that the disk numbers are the same). For example, if I click the disk 1 in either the main system or the expansion, it shows me the same disk.

image.thumb.png.95c2f8b0cdf871928ec782ae0f888f94.png

But the 5th disk is actually there. The command "dmesg" shows it:

[   26.538418] ata8.01: Enhance DX510 compatibility, limit the speed to 1.5 GBPS
[   26.545547] ata8.01: ATA-8: SAMSUNG HM160HI, HH100-15, max UDMA/100
[   26.551808] ata8.01: 312581808 sectors, multi 0: LBA48
[   26.557025] ata8.01: SN:S1M5J56S700002
[   26.563356] ata8.01: Enhance DX510 compatibility, limit the speed to 1.5 GBPS
[   26.570485] ata8.01: configured for UDMA/100
[   26.574791] ata8: EH complete

It is also seen in "fdisk -l":

Disk /dev/sdhb: 149.1 GiB, 160041885696 bytes, 312581808 sectors
Disk model: HM160HI                 
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

I've tried to "hack" the system, by editing /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf, making the system recognize the four first disks as internal and the other four as ESATA, but when I reboot, the config files are overwritten back to the "original" state.

Long story short: seems that Synology is not scanning the new added disk. Is there a way to force this? In a way that I can keep my original installation (there is a lot of data in the disks, I don't want to reinstall and restore everything from my backup... it took me 4 days to load it.

Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much, @wjz304 your work was amazing, I hope you will eventually continue with this project.

So i tried ARC but the ethernet card doesn't work once the DSM Kernel boots, this in models like the 3622xs+ or 1823+ unlike RR that did it normally, I have an ethernet card RTL8168 which with RR worked well, with ARC it didn't. except in models like DS3617xs or DS923+ worked well.

I hope that in this sense ARC can work better in next releases