XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

В 10.09.2022 в 11:19, pocopico сказал:

DSM and then run postupdate from TC 

i tried but it not work.. my 918+ baremetal not bootting after this update

1. update via pat file from dsm

2. boot to TC from usb and run fullupgrade and pustupdate process... but it not help!

after reboot nas device is not respond from WEB...

@pocopico

Hi, the postupdate process is not recognized for version 7.1.1-42962 (broadwellnk - DS3622xs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                 --------
Check custom_config.json for platform settings.
tc@box:~$ sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962
bspatch does not exist, bringing over from repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 10232  100 10232    0     0  50403      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 50403
Error : Platform not found
rploader.sh

Version : 0.8.0.5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                 --------

hi,

After generate totally the loader, server IS ..... UUUUPPP !!!! (use last version of TCRP rploader.sh (v9.x beta, developp branch)). DS3622xs

Postupdate process is not enough (update ds3622xs v7.1.0-42661 u4 -> ds3622xs v7.1.1-42962)

I would advise updating the loader first and migrating the server to the new DSM version after.

Thanks to @pcristi

Edited by renegadeBE

@loveburn

Yep !

For DS3622xs

curl --location "https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/develop/rploader.sh" -O
./rploader.sh fullupgrade
./rploader.sh clean
rm -rf /mnt/sdb3/auxfiles
./rploader.sh identifyusb
(detect and confirm "Y")
./rploader.sh satamap
(detect OK, confirm "Y")
./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
(confirm "Y" ; or real mac ./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+ realmac + confirm "Y" ; manual edit : vi user_config.json)

-> check conf : cat user_config.json

If OK

./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962 auto
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962 auto

Edited by renegadeBE
  • Like 1

I’m trying to remove an extension from the build - but I can’t seem to figure out the commands

I do ./rploader.sh ext broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962 remove pocopico.mlx4_core 

it seems to generate permission denied entries when attempting this so I manually delete the directory 

when I run build the driver downloads again, I’m jumping back in so I might be missing a step or doing the wrong command. 

Ok, did the Update to actual RC 7.1.1-42962 on an TCRP 3622xs+

Thanks and best Credits to @pocopico awesome Work!!!

Hints:

Did a TCRP 0.8 Update, Manual Update in DSM an failed...

Building whole new Loader with DEV 0.9.0.2 did the Trick for me and my System was "Migrated" now its up and running like Charm again.

Puh, what a Ride.

image.thumb.png.36c508bb4e84e0f2cdc0c99470dfe3bb.png

I thought its dead and I have to get there from scratch...but finally, the DEVs did it again. WoW!!! °-°

• Like 2

Booting Synology "after loader boot" fails when USB disks are attached to my virtual machine.
Running under ESXI I have a couple of USB disks attached to my TCRP machine, however when the USB disks are attached the system wont boot into Synology sw.
I see the Grub menu, I can choose to boot SATA using VMDK (cant remember the real text) but after that I get:

Loading Linux
error: file /zImage not found.
Loading initramfs....
error: you need to load the kernel first.
Starting kernel with SATA boot
Press any key to continue

And the system returns to Grub menu.

I have been trying to change the boot order in bios of the virtual machine to no avail - since I get the Grub menu I suspect the issue is elsewhere.

Any hints ?

@pocopico Hi,

some time ago I tried to start a system with 30 hard drives.
I have MB with 6 SATA ports as well as
LSI x8 SAS\SATA HBA
LSI x16 SAS\SATA HBA
Just only 30 ports
when creating the bootloader inycore-redpill-v0.8.0.0, I used the commands

Скрытый текст

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

Скрытый текст

"SataPortMap": "6",
    "DiskIdxMap": "00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0x3fffffff",
    "esataportcfg": "0x3fc0000000",
    "usbportcfg": "0xc000000000",
    "maxdisks": "30",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}

Скрытый текст

image.thumb.png.79bc989d5b00bab788617083923384c2.pngimage.thumb.png.327a0fb110b0fd7d07e298d9e69d314a.png

If all internal HDDs are connected, then when connecting a USB flash or USB HDD, they are defined as external.
But if some internal drives are not physically connected,
then the USB Flash is connected as an internal drive.
I could not overcome this problem, I thought maybe there was some kind of solution how to do it?

image.png.622538c22ca87ea044921f555f3a4818.png

i have tried other values

"internalportcfg": "0xfffffffff",
"usbportcfg": "0xf00000000000",
"esataportcfg": "0x00000000",
"maxdisk": "36",

but usb flash is still connected as internal to port 21

14 hours ago, -iliya- said:

@pocopico Hi,

some time ago I tried to start a system with 30 hard drives.
I have MB with 6 SATA ports as well as
LSI x8 SAS\SATA HBA
LSI x16 SAS\SATA HBA
Just only 30 ports
when creating the bootloader inycore-redpill-v0.8.0.0, I used the commands

create bootloader (Hide contents)

./rploader.sh update now
./rploader.sh fullupgrade now
./rploader.sh identifyusb now
./rploader.sh satamap now
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

user_config.json (Hide contents)

"SataPortMap": "6",
    "DiskIdxMap": "00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0x3fffffff",
    "esataportcfg": "0x3fc0000000",
    "usbportcfg": "0xc000000000",
    "maxdisks": "30",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}

HDDs (Reveal hidden contents)

image.thumb.png.79bc989d5b00bab788617083923384c2.pngimage.thumb.png.327a0fb110b0fd7d07e298d9e69d314a.png

If all internal HDDs are connected, then when connecting a USB flash or USB HDD, they are defined as external.
But if some internal drives are not physically connected,
then the USB Flash is connected as an internal drive.
I could not overcome this problem, I thought maybe there was some kind of solution how to do it?

image.png.622538c22ca87ea044921f555f3a4818.png

i have tried other values
"internalportcfg": "0xfffffffff",
"usbportcfg": "0xf00000000000",
"esataportcfg": "0x00000000",
"maxdisk": "36",
but usb flash is still connected as internal to port 21

you might want to check the sataportmap and diskidxmap, they might be 'wrong' for your hardware setup, maybe 060816 and 00060d might be my guess, plus try making usbportcfg all zeros and the string length same as internalportcfg and esataportcfg. with a larger build like yours I'd test in stages, eg build with onboard sata, then add first addon controller, build/test, then add the third. you might need to add the lsi modules manually. 

45 минут назад, sbv3000 сказал:

you might want to check the sataportmap and diskidxmap, they might be 'wrong' for your hardware setup, maybe 060816 and 00060d might be my guess, plus try making usbportcfg all zeros and the string length same as internalportcfg and esataportcfg. with a larger build like yours I'd test in stages, eg build with onboard sata, then add first addon controller, build/test, then add the third. you might need to add the lsi modules manually. 

there is no point in testing step by step - as I wrote earlier, with all 30 connected disks there are no problems with USB, USB Flash is connected correctly as an external one.
The problem is if one of the disks is missing, then USB Flash takes its place, but always above port 20.
That is, it turns out that regardless of the configuration, the max USB disk starts connecting to port 21.

I previously tried sataportmap and diskidxmap but @pocopico said it doesn't work for LSI sas controllers.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:35 PM, loveburn said:

@pocopicowhat commands needed to change branch from stable to dev?

i wnat to download 0.9tcrp

If you use it like below, even in the image of 0.8 master branch
You can take advantage of the 0.9 develop branch.

This is what pocopico confirmed together.

curl --location "https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/raw/develop/rploader.sh" -O
chmod +x rploader.sh;
./rploader.sh fullupgrade
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -iliya- said:

there is no point in testing step by step - as I wrote earlier, with all 30 connected disks there are no problems with USB, USB Flash is connected correctly as an external one.
The problem is if one of the disks is missing, then USB Flash takes its place, but always above port 20.
That is, it turns out that regardless of the configuration, the max USB disk starts connecting to port 21.

I previously tried sataportmap and diskidxmap but @pocopico said it doesn't work for LSI sas controllers.

understood, I hadn't spotted the reported config limitations with lsi controllers. might be worth a search of the forum for usbportcfg threads and hba, there is a lot of history of people trying various settings to 'map' the usb beyond the hdd range, even back to 5.2 and gnoboot, sometime the hex sequences are not 'logical' the answer might be there :)

19 minutes ago, -iliya- said:

@flyride Hi, can you help me?

Maybe you have any idea's how to move USB ports over 36 or more?

this is a good article from another forum that describes how to convert the binary drive ports to hex values for the config, there is a similar thread here but I couldn't find it :(

https://xpenology.club/fix-xpenology-problems-viewing-internal-hard-drives-esata-hard-drives/

also have a look here

http://cloudautomation.blog/2017/12/xpenology-synology-nas-use-external-usb-hard-drives-in-a-raid-group-updated/

• Like 1

44 минуты назад, sbv3000 сказал:

this is a good article from another forum that describes how to convert the binary drive ports to hex values for the config, there is a similar thread here but I couldn't find it :(

https://xpenology.club/fix-xpenology-problems-viewing-internal-hard-drives-esata-hard-drives/

also have a look here

http://cloudautomation.blog/2017/12/xpenology-synology-nas-use-external-usb-hard-drives-in-a-raid-group-updated/

Yes, I read this article and just calculated the offset of USB eSATA and internal
But apparently it doesn't work in DSM7 or in redpill.
In DSM6, this only works up to 24 disks, then I consistently got the migration and the return of the synoinfo.cfg parameters to the base ones.
With redpill and DSM7 I can get up and running with 30 internal drives - I just don't have any more drives to test with.
on the second link, just a person is trying to make USB drives internal and build a raid out of them.
But I don’t need it - on the contrary, I want USB not to be connected as internal drives.

and both articles are for older DS and DSM6 models - I'm trying to run DS3622 and DSM7.
By the way, a question about the DS3622 - how much is eSATA relevant for it - because it does not have eSATA, it has SAS ports and external modules connected via HDmSAS SFF-8644

PS how to edit user_config.json  after buid bootloader?

Now I'm juggling between 2 flashes - every time I want to change something in user_conf, I have to burn IMG to a USB flash drive using a new one to configure it and create a bootloader.

Edited by -iliya-

1 hour ago, -iliya- said:

Yes, I read this article and just calculated the offset of USB eSATA and internal
But apparently it doesn't work in DSM7 or in redpill.
In DSM6, this only works up to 24 disks, then I consistently got the migration and the return of the synoinfo.cfg parameters to the base ones.
With redpill and DSM7 I can get up and running with 30 internal drives - I just don't have any more drives to test with.
on the second link, just a person is trying to make USB drives internal and build a raid out of them.
But I don’t need it - on the contrary, I want USB not to be connected as internal drives.

and both articles are for older DS and DSM6 models - I'm trying to run DS3622 and DSM7.
By the way, a question about the DS3622 - how much is eSATA relevant for it - because it does not have eSATA, it has SAS ports and external modules connected via HDmSAS SFF-8644

PS how to edit user_config.json  after buid bootloader?

Now I'm juggling between 2 flashes - every time I want to change something in user_conf, I have to burn IMG to a USB flash drive using a new one to configure it and create a bootloader.

Understood. I haven't played with large installs with DSM7 but did with 5 and 6 and recall that there are two locations for synoinfo.conf, one is /etc and the other is /etc.defaults, possible you need to amend both to stop the default one overriding the config? Also maybe remove the various entries from user_config.json? Maybe, if you havent already tried this, set the usb value to zeros, *everywhere* :)

I have edited user_config.json after build with the built in tcrp editor, and simply run the 'build' command, other parameters unchanged. I think its also possible to mount the usb on a linux desktop and edit directly, but I've not done that.