XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

• Polanskiman changed the title to Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)
  • Polanskiman pinned and featured this topic

Hi All! 

I just booted normally after i set up loader with ARPL, it's a factastic thing, better than i tried ever.  So now try to running that config  with a clean test hdd, but plan to  migrate from a real DS920+ to this ARPL DS3617XS version!  I used xpenology 10+ years without any issue, last year  bought a real DS920+ nas, push my used HDD to 1st slot, and succesfully migrate from XPE dsm 6.2 to real DSM 7, and then 7.1,  but i haven't any informations about this loader and pat files, how it works! Thanks! 

Hello all!

Thanks for the auto-loader, it's amazing, I managed to boot a DSM7 within 10min!

BUT! :D

I have a Broadcom SAS 9207-8I card, that works flawlessly with DSM6.2 and June's loader, and I can't manage to make it works here :(

I tryied DS2422 / DS920+, and it never install anything like mpt2sas (which I believe I need). I don't find any menu to force install it, and when I install the lsiutil addon, I don't know what to put in his option windows :(

Some one could help please?

ADD:

I'm on unraid, setted new VM with Q35-6,2 / OVMF Bios / 8Gb RAM and of course, the SAS Card.

Edited by Valiran34

18 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Maybe you can help me.

I just installed to a clean drive your image (arpl-0.4-alpha12.img), i chozen DS3617XS, tested and tried over 8 hours without any issues, so all ok with that, but i plan to migrate a single HDD from a real  DS920+ to that server, can i do it? How i choose pat file? Where can i download that? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Rick4

16 hours ago, Valiran34 said:

Hello all!

Thanks for the auto-loader, it's amazing, I managed to boot a DSM7 within 10min!

I have a Broadcom SAS 9207-8I card, that works flawlessly with DSM6.2 and June's loader, and I can't manage to make it works here :(

I tryied DS2422 / DS920+, and it never install anything like mpt2sas (which I believe I need). I don't find any menu to force install it, and when I install the lsiutil addon, I don't know what to put in his option windows :(

ADD:

I'm on unraid, setted new VM with Q35-6,2 / OVMF Bios / 8Gb RAM and of course, the SAS Card.

The module already exists and should be loaded automatically, without you having to do anything.

"lsiutil" just put the "lsiutil" executable to change settings by command line inside DSM.

I was able to test the mpt3sas module (and mpt2sas) with a Dell Perc H310 card (LSI SAS 2008) and an Inspur something (LSI SAS 2308) and had no problems, but several people are complaining that some didn't work, so I still don't know how fix this problem.

16 hours ago, Valiran34 said:

Hello all!

ADD:

If you have no reason to use DS920+ or DS2422+, try changing to DS3622xs+.

The HBA is the most compatible and working model.

Just now, Rick4 said:

MAybe you can help me. I just installed a clean drive your image (arpl-0.4-alpha12.img), i chozen DS3617XS, tested and tried over 8 hours without any issues, so all ok with that, but i plan to migrate a single HDD froma  DS920+ to that server, can i do it? How i choose pat file? Where can i download that? 

Thanks! 

Boot to the loader (choose Configure Loader grub option), change the model to DS920, choose the last buildnumber, etc. Before boot the loader access via Samba (In a window machine execute \\[ip]\arpl\p3\dl) and get the .pat for DS920. Or get from this link:

https://www.synology.com/en-eu/support/download/DS920+?version=7.1#system

This is the name and size to compare:

image.png.1d207cb0533f429c4f4c7f2a24c93150.png

26 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Boot to the loader (choose Configure Loader grub option), change the model to DS920, choose the last buildnumber, etc. Before boot the loader access via Samba (In a window machine execute \\[ip]\arpl\p3\dl) and get the .pat for DS920. Or get from this link:

https://www.synology.com/en-eu/support/download/DS920+?version=7.1#system

This is the name and size to compare:

image.png.1d207cb0533f429c4f4c7f2a24c93150.png

Thank you so much, but i just tried DS920+ first,  i can't get logon screen, but my server shows on monitor my "working" internal IP, but the lan doesn't work. This issue cause maybe my realtek 8111 LAN, not found any solution, so the problem persist if i choose DS920+ method. With DS3617XS model everything's was fine, so i think, migration was an easiest method. 

Edited by Rick4

31 minutes ago, Valiran34 said:

Well my actual raid is SHR, so I need to go to a NAS that works with SHR :(

Although the DS3622xs+ is not officially a model that supports SHR, it does not mean that SHR is disabled.
I successfully migrated from DSM6 918+ to DSM7 DS3622xs+ while maintaining SHR.
There seems to be no limitation when migration is required from a model that supports SHR to a model that does not officially support SHR.