XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

15 minutes ago, pkdick1 said:

I tried two times to "wake" my NAS using the internal network (WOL OK in the bios) without success... No clue why 😪

Which Mac address are you using for WOL? Remember you have to use the real M.A. of the NIC, not the fake synology one. 

I have tried again with mshell but my CPU is only working with 1600mhz and the issue is happen releated to 

On 6/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, nemesis122 said:

Hi 

What im doing wrong?

installed DSM 7.1 but the cou frequencies is only running at 1600mhz i think this was fixed a long time ago

thank you

04-06-2023 12-57-16.png

this addon CPU Frequencies.

is there a solution do not add this addon with mshell ?? because my CPU is a XEON 1420v2 and this Modules doesnt support this old CPU.

thank you very much 

Michael  

2 hours ago, Al lex said:

Hello, seems syno changed pat file again. On the loading page now it looks like 64570 with update 1. There was no such prescription as I remember and Building doesn't work

I am now aware of this problem. Rework time is needed for M SHELL.
It will probably take at least 2-3 hours. Please wait.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I can't update from 7.1.1-42962-6 to 7.2-64570-1, DSM won't restart.

I did the update from the DSM GUI, TCRP detects it but shows "Hunk1 FAILED 1/1".

I tried redoing a new install in 42962-6 but same error when updating to 64570-1.

Why do I have this error?

Thanks

2023-06-27_09h02_59.png

7 minutes ago, Biocef said:

Hello,

I did the update from the DSM GUI, TCRP detects it but shows "Hunk1 FAILED 1/1".

I tried redoing a new install in 42962-6 but same error when updating to 64570-1.

Thanks

2023-06-27_09h02_59.png

Do not proceed with the update within the DSM GUI
Re-enter the TCRP loader build menu and rebuild the loader for 7.2-64570.
You will be naturally connected to the installation request screen of the new DSM file.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, linhvk said:

I want to add driver e1000e Nic onboard of N54L to v0.9.4.3-2, how to do this please, @Peter Suh, thank you.

124d40d6d38303dd5a92.jpg

Is this screen captured by N54L right now?
You put restrictions on building FRIEND mods, how was that possible?
Older AMD CPUs of N54L cannot work with FRIEND mode.
Switch to JOT mode and build.
MSHELL does not add a separate NIC module.
An integrated module pack that already includes e1000e etc. is used.

I’m sure I buil from JOT mode, please see the attach
fa5a9a005a3c124ec90488586186186a.jpg
  • Like 1

I had same message after upgrade, however my system just booted up with no issue

On 6/27/2023 at 9:28 AM, Biocef said:

Hello,

Thanks

2023-06-27_09h02_59.png

On 6/27/2023 at 7:39 PM, Peter Suh said:

Please help how to solve this issue? 

On 6/29/2023 at 9:37 AM, Peter Suh said:

The "Hunk1 FAILED 1/1" message seems to have occurred while applying the same changes to pocopico's original FRIEND this time to the FRIEND kernel for M SHELL.

There is no problem with the operation, but if possible, I will check to avoid that message.

As DSM 7.2.0-64570-1 (nano 1) was released this time, it was confirmed that the VERSION information inside DSM was inconsistent.
I think it's Synology's mistake.

./VERSION
majorversion="7"
minorversion="2"
major="7"
minor="2"
micro="0"
buildphase="GM"
buildnumber="64570"
smallfixnumber="0"
nano="0"
base="64570"
productversion="7.2"
os_name="DSM"
builddate="2023/06/03"
buildtime="02:31:05"
unique="synology_apollolake_918+"
extractsize=902756
partitionversionlimit=0
syno_supported_hwrevision="r0"
indexdbextractsize=1428
synohdpackimgextractsize=22800
packages=FileStation,SynoFinder,USBCopy,HighAvailability,OAuthService,SMBService,ScsiTarget,ActiveInsight,SupportService,DhcpServer,SecureSignIn,HybridShare,Python2,BackupRestoreManager,HyperBackup-ED,QuickConnect
packagerootextractsize=341516
packagevolumeextractsize=832

If you check the information of the VERSION file inside this DSM 7.2.0-64570-1 (nano 1) PAT file, smallfixnumber is not recorded as 1, but is incorrectly recorded as 0.
Unnecessary Ramdisk Patching seems to happen on Friend because of the mismatch between smallfixnumber and nano. 64570 Indicates a mismatch between U0 and U1.
It seems that such an error message appears in the process of trying an unnecessary wrong patch.

Also, when rebuilding the loader, it has been confirmed that such an inconsistency incorrectly goes to the recovery state of DSM.
(Checking /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log on the Junior log when entering recovery mode confirms this inconsistency.)

In order to solve the problem of incorrectly proceeding with this recovery, M SHELL made a compulsory patch of the VERSION file as follows.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/blob/main/all-modules/src/install.sh#L28

By the way, as a side problem, when you log in to DSM, you keep asking for the initial setting for automatic update.
After Synology solves this problem, it seems that these scripts will not be needed and the inconsistency problem will be resolved.

Edited by Peter Suh

7 hours ago, eDonkey said:

Have to restart my DS3617xs-VM for some issus, on boot, tinycore gets an update (whatever), after completing, next boot "starting kernel ..." and than resets.

What could be wrong?

M SHELL is automatically updated from time to time.

There are two updates, one for the Friend kernel and one for the M Shell.

You mean the former?

If it's the latter, it's what action you took that matters.

After entering the Tinycore loader build menu of M SHELL, only updates are processed
Did you do nothing and just reboot?

It would be nice if there were additional explanations such as captureable screens or logs.

Edited by Peter Suh

5 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Did you do nothing and just reboot?

After reboot, it auto starts "Tiny Core Image Build", so i select the"p" to rebuild the loader with success and the next boot failed.
Neverless, i got my vm back running, rebuild the loader from scratch, but i have a new hassel. The environment of the dsm (time-server/background) is not persistent, maybe something "writeprotected"?

9 minutes ago, eDonkey said:

After reboot, it auto starts "Tiny Core Image Build", so i select the"p" to rebuild the loader with success and the next boot failed.
Neverless, i got my vm back running, rebuild the loader from scratch, but i have a new hassel. The environment of the dsm (time-server/background) is not persistent, maybe something "writeprotected"?

This is how I built and booted the DS3617xs in my VM. Which of these steps did you succeed in?

1)

2023-07-049_30_50.thumb.png.6e86b8cdf97e86160fca7d4948fdb4b3.png

2)

2023-07-049_31_21.thumb.png.426a473145f2b36740a6bab8beb70234.png

3)

2023-07-049_33_25.thumb.png.4335f62a79ecddd22e9e2dfcbd637064.png

4)

2023-07-049_34_46.thumb.png.22a73b956399cc59ca70fcc0c757179a.png

33 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

This is how I built and booted the DS3617xs in my VM. Which of these steps did you succeed in?

1,2,3 went well, 4 not needed, the vm-disk is in place, but before that,i have to run my.sh, because sateportmapping ist gone. When i rerun "p" in upper left, sataportmapping is also gone, and my vm-disk disappeared, and again i have to run my.sh. And as i said before, the dsm-environment isn´t persistent.