XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

33 minutes ago, eDonkey said:

1,2,3 went well, 4 not needed, the vm-disk is in place, but before that,i have to run my.sh, because sateportmapping ist gone. When i rerun "p" in upper left, sataportmapping is also gone, and my vm-disk disappeared, and again i have to run my.sh. And as i said before, the dsm-environment isn´t persistent.

For beginners, and to configure the environment for the most common situations, M SHELL does not specify DiskIdxMap and SataPortMap as instructed by TTG.
These settings will help with dynamic mapping as guided by the TTG.
However, for experienced users, the setting of DiskIdxMap / SataPortMap may be required. In case of such a case,

a function that can directly modify the cmdline is prepared as shown below.

Press the e key within 7 seconds of booting the FRIEND kernel.
By modifying "Edit SATA line", you can enter the window as shown below.

2023-07-0410_48_33.thumb.png.e7ec5d3a32eb846a4be616a3f49d53cb.png

Record the desired value directly.
This cmdline is written permanently unless you rebuild the loader.

1 hour ago, psp271 said:

Hi Peter ,how to use userdts in tinycore-redpill.v0.9.4.3-2.m-shell?

You should know how to use the vi editor.
The text document of the prepared dts file can be pasted with the command as below.
./my.sh DS920+G userdts
In the vi editor window, the wq! After saving as
You can check /mnt/sda3/auxfilles/ds920p.dts .
After that, use the M SHELL menu to build as usual.

2023-07-072_28_48.thumb.png.fec3be479149cd401bf3720a15a5e09d.png2023-07-072_29_00.thumb.png.12cbc13fd1c0ad019eb0b04ed72c65c4.png

Edited by Peter Suh

56 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

The text document of the prepared dts file can be pasted with the command as below.
./my.sh DS920+G userdts

2023-07-072_28_48.thumb.png.fec3be479149cd401bf3720a15a5e09d.png2023-07-072_29_00.thumb.png.12cbc13fd1c0ad019eb0b04ed72c65c4.png

56 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

./my.sh DS920+G userdts

Thank you! 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 10:18 PM, Orphée said:

Hi,

From Synology specs :

image.thumb.png.96c902272627e80dbcb7970cc83dde66.png

JBOD should be supported, but I only have "Basic" option to chose :

image.thumb.png.2190e7d27d78af563b62fa9978df7805.png

Whereas on SA6400 ARPL image from @jimmmmm I was able to create a JBOD RAID type.

Looking at raid lines in /etc/synoinfo.conf

There is a difference between the 2 loaders :

On TRCP with friends :

supportraidgroup="yes"

On Jimmmmm's ARPL build :

supportraidgroup="no"
support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

So I manually added the 2 lines in TRCP configuration file in synoinfo part.

And voila :

image.thumb.png.e6981f3da4d69f2f26c939324b789f36.png

@pocopico @Peter Suh Maybe you should consider forcing these values.

I know JBOD is totally unsecure regarding data if a disk crash, but when you run it under proxmox and you want to extend your disk size, JBOD is quite useful !

Hi,

Can you please advise me how you managed to add the line into synoinfo on TRCP with friend? i have tried it but upon reboot the synoinfo.conf revert to previouse. I need to enable SHR too.

@Peter Suh Is there any issue with the loaders on VMware virtualizing DSM that DSM stops responding a few days later???

Since update to DSM 7.2, I pause the virtualization on the night and then resume the next day, but several days after not get ip and need to restart.

Also, I have many problems sometimes to detect ip with the E1000 or E1000e from DSM 7.2, there are many times that 10 minutes or more pass and does not take ip, even the first time you compile and restart to install DSM 7.2. Can it be for using UEFI bios in VMWARE?

Thanks

8 hours ago, SWT123 said:

Hi,

Can you please advise me how you managed to add the line into synoinfo on TRCP with friend? i have tried it but upon reboot the synoinfo.conf revert to previouse. I need to enable SHR too.

In M SHELL for TCRP, SHR is now automatically enabled on all platforms that do not natively support SHR.
Just rebuild the loader in M SHELL to apply this part.

@Orphée I'm sorry I forgot my promise.

2023-07-1012_45_09.thumb.png.6719705ee0bea075eef43f21f2490b0a.png

@pocopico

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-addons/tree/main/nvme-cache

nvne-cache has been improved once more.
Rebooting was necessary when it remained in the service form last time,
Now, M.2 NVMe will be active immediately after DSM installation.
I also added SHR's active script in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

@Peter Suh Is there any issue with the loaders on VMware virtualizing DSM that DSM stops responding a few days later???

Since update to DSM 7.2, I pause the virtualization on the night and then resume the next day, but several days after not get ip and need to restart.

Also, I have many problems sometimes to detect ip with the E1000 or E1000e from DSM 7.2, there are many times that 10 minutes or more pass and does not take ip, even the first time you compile and restart to install DSM 7.2. Can it be for using UEFI bios in VMWARE?

Thanks

There have been no reports of the above phenomenon in a VM environment like yours yet.
VMWARE is always the first testing environment after development.
To be precise, it is VMWARE FUSION for MacOS.

• Like 1

There have been no reports of the above phenomenon in a VM environment like yours yet.
VMWARE is always the first testing environment after development.
To be precise, it is VMWARE FUSION for MacOS.

On Windows with VMWARE Workstation.

Maybe is fail of my VM, I change a new VM because with all loaders has the same issue.

10 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

In M SHELL for TCRP, SHR is now automatically enabled on all platforms that do not natively support SHR.
Just rebuild the loader in M SHELL to apply this part.

@Orphée I'm sorry I forgot my promise.

2023-07-1012_45_09.thumb.png.6719705ee0bea075eef43f21f2490b0a.png

@pocopico

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-addons/tree/main/nvme-cache

nvne-cache has been improved once more.
Rebooting was necessary when it remained in the service form last time,
Now, M.2 NVMe will be active immediately after DSM installation.
I also added SHR's active script in it.

Thank You @Peter Suh for your continued diligence, hard work, attention to detail, logical forethought/proactive improvements. Along with @pocopico you guys are a total juggernaut! 😎

• Like 3

Dear Peter Suh

First of all really appreciate for your dedication on the project, I have tried so many loader and unable to get my NIC Connectx-3 to and MPT SAS-2 to work over the past 2 weeks, not until i tried out M-Shell and surprisingly all the drivers works on TCRP with friend (Not in Jot, can't get the DSM installed not Failed). Left with this last piece of puzzle SHR which i used to change the synoinfo.conf with  Change supportraidgroup="no" Add support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes" but on this loader it can't retain the setting after reboot.

I have rebuilt the loader a moment ago, the SHR still not active yet, the setup in on ESXI 7 with passthrough on onboard SATA + SAS + Connectx-3.

Is that anything i have missed?

But still  Peter Suh, great work on M Shell, it makes so easy to install. Thank You

Screenshot 2023-07-10 092158.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 091436.png

On 7/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, Peter Suh said:

As DSM 7.2.0-64570-1 (nano 1) was released this time, it was confirmed that the VERSION information inside DSM was inconsistent.
I think it's Synology's mistake.

./VERSION
majorversion="7"
minorversion="2"
major="7"
minor="2"
micro="0"
buildphase="GM"
buildnumber="64570"
smallfixnumber="0"
nano="0"
base="64570"
productversion="7.2"
os_name="DSM"
builddate="2023/06/03"
buildtime="02:31:05"
unique="synology_apollolake_918+"
extractsize=902756
partitionversionlimit=0
syno_supported_hwrevision="r0"
indexdbextractsize=1428
synohdpackimgextractsize=22800
packages=FileStation,SynoFinder,USBCopy,HighAvailability,OAuthService,SMBService,ScsiTarget,ActiveInsight,SupportService,DhcpServer,SecureSignIn,HybridShare,Python2,BackupRestoreManager,HyperBackup-ED,QuickConnect
packagerootextractsize=341516
packagevolumeextractsize=832

If you check the information of the VERSION file inside this DSM 7.2.0-64570-1 (nano 1) PAT file, smallfixnumber is not recorded as 1, but is incorrectly recorded as 0.
Unnecessary Ramdisk Patching seems to happen on Friend because of the mismatch between smallfixnumber and nano. 64570 Indicates a mismatch between U0 and U1.
It seems that such an error message appears in the process of trying an unnecessary wrong patch.

Also, when rebuilding the loader, it has been confirmed that such an inconsistency incorrectly goes to the recovery state of DSM.
(Checking /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log on the Junior log when entering recovery mode confirms this inconsistency.)

In order to solve the problem of incorrectly proceeding with this recovery, M SHELL made a compulsory patch of the VERSION file as follows.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/blob/main/all-modules/src/install.sh#L28

By the way, as a side problem, when you log in to DSM, you keep asking for the initial setting for automatic update.
After Synology solves this problem, it seems that these scripts will not be needed and the inconsistency problem will be resolved.

[NOTICE]

The two minor issues below have been resolved.

1. When you log in to DSM, it will keep asking for initial settings for automatic updates.
2. Repeated problem of disabling user home service.

The NVME Cache/SHR activation part is designed to automatically modify a synoinfo.conf file in M SHELL.
Because this part was scripted incorrectly, there were side issues like the one above.
The improved script is now reflected.

For the above two patches that modify synoinfo.conf, they are not active immediately after DSM installation.
It will be activated after reboot.

In the case of NVME Cache, DVA3221/DVA3219, etc., which depend only on synoinfo.conf settings, are activated only after rebooting.

I would appreciate it if the member who tested this part would let me know again.

You must rebuild the loader to resolve the error.

Edited by Peter Suh

6 hours ago, SWT123 said:

Dear Peter Suh

First of all really appreciate for your dedication on the project, I have tried so many loader and unable to get my NIC Connectx-3 to and MPT SAS-2 to work over the past 2 weeks, not until i tried out M-Shell and surprisingly all the drivers works on TCRP with friend (Not in Jot, can't get the DSM installed not Failed). Left with this last piece of puzzle SHR which i used to change the synoinfo.conf with  Change supportraidgroup="no" Add support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes" but on this loader it can't retain the setting after reboot.

I have rebuilt the loader a moment ago, the SHR still not active yet, the setup in on ESXI 7 with passthrough on onboard SATA + SAS + Connectx-3.

Is that anything i have missed?

But still  Peter Suh, great work on M Shell, it makes so easy to install. Thank You

Screenshot 2023-07-10 092158.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 091436.png

I would like to remove the puzzle related to SHR first and check the remaining problems.

After DSM is installed, reboot at least once to activate.

The modified /etc/synoinfo.conf file is activated in this way.

I think you need to check the logs for problems with NIC Connectx-3 and MPT SAS-2.
When the FRIEND kernel loads, enter the j key within 7 seconds to switch to Junior mode.
How to make a TTYD connection to port 7681 is already guided on the FRIEND kernel screen.

And, please capture the log with the command below and let us know.

cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log

23 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

I would like to remove the puzzle related to SHR first and check the remaining problems.

After DSM is installed, reboot at least once to activate.

The modified /etc/synoinfo.conf file is activated in this way.

I think you need to check the logs for problems with NIC Connectx-3 and MPT SAS-2.
When the FRIEND kernel loads, enter the j key within 7 seconds to switch to Junior mode.
How to make a TTYD connection to port 7681 is already guided on the FRIEND kernel screen.

And, please capture the log with the command below and let us know.

cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log

Dear Peter Suh

linuxrc.syno.txt

Attached with the linuxrc.syno, do you mean after rebuild the loader i still need to make change to the /etc/synoinfo.conf in order to get SHR? I have rebooted multiple time after rebuild the loader but without the SHR showing.

As for the NIC Connectx-3 and MPT SAS-2 working well with your M-Shell on TCRP with Friend build, M Shell detected on the first place.

31 minutes ago, SWT123 said:

Dear Peter Suh

linuxrc.syno.txt 7.63 kB · 0 downloads

Attached with the linuxrc.syno, do you mean after rebuild the loader i still need to make change to the /etc/synoinfo.conf in order to get SHR? I have rebooted multiple time after rebuild the loader but without the SHR showing.

As for the NIC Connectx-3 and MPT SAS-2 working well with your M-Shell on TCRP with Friend build, M Shell detected on the first place.

Looking at your logs, I noticed that there is a problem with the script that activates SHR.
I put NVMe-Cache Addon and SHR Addon together, but I think I need to separate them.
The problem of not even attempting to activate SHR has been confirmed if NVMe-Cache is not found.

And, in order to clearly see the module loading problem in M SHELL, you should exclude the EUDEV method, rebuild the loader with DDSML Only,

and provide the above log again.

First of all, we will solve the issue of SHR first. Please wait.

Dear Peter Suh

I just done another loader rebuilt and SHR is available now on DS3622xs and DS3617xs, also the repeated initial setting/automatic update and disabling user home service is gone. Really really appreciate for you help.

Screenshot2023-07-10162222.thumb.png.4a0a03771561f7e7d1f8287e3231b3f1.png

Edited by SWT123

Dear Peter Suh

I have one more noob query,  my existing xpenology has 5controlled ,one of the onboard controller has 2 dummy port which  caused issue when i do migrate to new loader on DMS installation.Since the controller is only hosting drives for Pool 3, do you think i can disable the controller and do the migration without the pool 3 and restore it after migration?

Screenshot 2023-07-10 164422.png

33 minutes ago, SWT123 said:

Dear Peter Suh

I just done another loader rebuilt and SHR is available now on DS3622xs and DS3617xs, also the repeated initial setting/automatic update and disabling user home service is gone. Really really appreciate for you help.

Screenshot2023-07-10162222.thumb.png.4a0a03771561f7e7d1f8287e3231b3f1.png

SHR's Addon has been separated.
In fact, it was again identified as a situation where there was no problem even if it was not separated.
Now, switch to DDSML Only mode with the currently distributed version and rebuild the loader.

41 minutes ago, SWT123 said:

Dear Peter Suh

I have one more noob query,  my existing xpenology has 5controlled ,one of the onboard controller has 2 dummy port which  caused issue when i do migrate to new loader on DMS installation.Since the controller is only hosting drives for Pool 3, do you think i can disable the controller and do the migration without the pool 3 and restore it after migration?

Screenshot 2023-07-10 164422.png

I don't think I can judge anything based on this phenomenon alone.
Unstable volume 3 and 4 is not necessarily a problem with the controller alone.
There can be several variables.
For now, I'd like to focus on your NIC and the problem with the MPT2 SAS controller.

Edited by Peter Suh

Dear Peter Suh,

Really appreciate for you help, and my NIC and MPT2 SAS is working find with you M-Shell Installation. No issue on that.😀

I will proceed to migrate my system soon since most of the issue is being rectified now, just taking a bit of time more to pinpoint any potential issue will arises on the process. I just recover from update failure 2 weeks ago, don't wish to have that anymore. 😂 

18 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

SHR's Addon has been separated.
In fact, it was again identified as a situation where there was no problem even if it was not separated.
Now, switch to DDSML Only mode with the currently distributed version and rebuild the loader.

Yes, it is working even it is not separated, the log is from earlier update. I will do rebuild the loader with DDSML only. 

9 minutes ago, SWT123 said:

Dear Peter Suh,

Really appreciate for you help, and my NIC and MPT2 SAS is working find with you M-Shell Installation. No issue on that.😀

I will proceed to migrate my system soon since most of the issue is being rectified now, just taking a bit of time more to pinpoint any potential issue will arises on the process. I just recover from update failure 2 weeks ago, don't wish to have that anymore. 😂 

I went back to your Noob query and looked again.
The onboard SATA controller is responsible for Volume 1 and Volume 2.
Is it correct that the externally installed MPT SAS controller is responsible for volume 3 and volume 4?

Volume 3 and Volume 4 are not RAID, so they do not have data protection.
Are there separate backups for these two volumes?
No attempt is guaranteed to be reliable without a backup.

Volume 3/Volume 4 can be migrated later, except for now, but it doesn't matter, but I don't think it can be used while maintaining that warning state.

Dear Peter Suh

The onboard controller is holding drives for volume 3 which also has 2 "Dummy" port caused me update failure for DSM installation on the last attempt. Currently the NAS is being recovered on TCRP DSM7.0 without the NIC working, that's why i am thinking to migrate again with your M Shell where the NIC driver is working. Anyhow any update and migrate there is a risk, hope i can just minimized it, it is pain process on my last recovery due to lack of knowledge on the system. 

Still I am really appreciate on your  years of efforts of making all things happen, Thank You Peter Suh

Edited by SWT123
  • Like 1

This command checks whether m.2 NVMe cache and SHR are enabled.

cat /etc/extensionPorts /etc.defaults/extensionPorts

cat /etc/synoinfo.conf | grep -e support_m2_pool -e supportnvme -e supportraidgroup -e support_syno_hybrid_raid

cat /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf | grep -e support_m2_pool -e supportnvme -e supportraidgroup -e support_syno_hybrid_raid

(example)

[pci] 
pci1="0000:00:15.0" 
[pci]
pci1="0000:00:15.0"

support_m2_pool="yes"
support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"
supportnvme="yes"
supportraidgroup="no"

If output as , it is OK.