XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

Le 17/02/2024 à 16:54, dimakv2014 a dit :

Thats mSATA adapter on image and not m.2. Moreover if miniPC has m.2 slot it must clearly state whether it supports m.2 sata or only pci-e nvme drives or both. You can't put m.2 sata (M+B Key) ssd into m.2 pci-e slot it will not work... Its basically same thing as trying to put DDR3 memory into DDR4 slot or vise versa

IMG_20240217_181022.jpg

If you need msata support a this mini PC, you can buy for $3 a M.2 NGFF to MSATA here:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005890645530.html

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dyter said:

For foodies I also found this for less $20, you can up to 7 SATA drives on ALI mini PC !

Capture-d-cran-2024-03-03-180013.png

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005653706057.html

Buy it, test it, make a review but I doubt that thing on image will work😁 but you can try😉 

But what will work however is this, take a look at connector pins and find a difference between this and what you shown. But it will work only if you have SATA m.2 slot not NVME which most cheap Chinese MiniPCs have. 

41id0HJzjdL.jpg

Edited by dimakv2014

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

@dyter, @dimakv2014 - sorry guys, but you've already gone far away from the topic ("Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader") - can you move your discussion to another thread?

Sorry mate, just tried to prevent people from buying non-working components, which definitely won't help to build a loader with better experience, I didn't realize it was something bad. 

But I don't agree about going too far from Develop and Refine. 

Develop - means to make something new from scratch.

Refine - typically means to make something better or more precise. For example improving hardware for DVA1622 to make better use of it can be defined as Refine. So discussions about hardware which is part of the loader because without it you cannot obviously build a loader is very important and part of testing. If you don't agree you can ask Developer to judge, I don't mind 😉

Edited by dimakv2014
Addition

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dyter said:

Ok, I received my new mini PC J5040, all work mpcie 4x SATA ... but AI not work :(

I run with the loader arc and i915 drivers

You should try Pocopico's Loader https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill it should work, I did a reaseach and AI works with J5040. Also you can try Peter's Su M Shell loader it can work as well, most problems people have with AI not working on APRL for some reason Arc is basically same as APRL. And as Orphee suggested you don't need a Patch for this to work on this cpu. Just browse this forum topic there is an instruction how to install Pocopico's TCRP Loader.

Edited by dimakv2014

I found the problem, when I renamed this 2 process, these missing:

mv /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/synodva/bin/synodvad.old synodvad
mv /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/synodva/bin/synofaced.old synofaced

So, I reinstalled the SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.1.4-11002_openvino.spk, and it work now !

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dyter said:

I found the problem, when I renamed this 2 process, these missing:

mv /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/synodva/bin/synodvad.old synodvad
mv /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/synodva/bin/synofaced.old synofaced

So, I reinstalled the SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.1.4-11002_openvino.spk, and it work now !

Grats :)then you can ignore my previous post, so if you say 4x sata adapter works can you please make pictures and share in details minipc model? Also you can make more than one FaceRec tasks on this cpu I think 3, becuase on j4125 two facerec tasks loads cpu to 86-90%  so for J5040 3 tasks will be max with little exploit of using ActionRules in Surveillance Station menu 

Edited by dimakv2014

il y a 29 minutes, dimakv2014 a dit :

Grats :)then you can ignore my previous post, so if you say 4x sata adapter works can you please make pictures and share in details minipc model? Also you can make more than one FaceRec tasks on this cpu I think 3, becuase on j4125 two facerec tasks loads cpu to 86-90%  so for J5040 3 tasks will be max with little exploit of using ActionRules in Surveillance Station menu 

Yes I use my old mpcie ASM1062 x2 SATA (see my last post) with x1 SATA build-in PC and x1 msata build-in PC, but I use only 3 drives in SSD format.

I just test with 3 tasks AI at this moment, and CPU up at 80% but stay at 2Ghz max, turbo doesn't seen to work.

For people interested, you can buy this mini PC here: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005006220488959.html

(the msata slot is on the other side of motherboard, you have MSATA + MVE/M2 + MPCIE SLOTS !)

Le 05/03/2024 à 20:12, dimakv2014 a dit :

I can make 4/5 task for a CPU à > 90%, but it depend of resolution of task, area size and fps.

On 4K it can more than 100% of CPU core if area is too big. I test facerec on my 1080P cam with a full area zone:

5 fps: 20% of one core

15 fps: 70%

25 fps: 90%

You can test it with command "htop" and filter "synofaced"

Citation

I search a solution for speed up license plate.

I read that DVA3221 can read at 40km/h a vehicule. But on mine DVA1622, the car speed must under 5 km/h for detect license plate.

I found model.xml in directory /volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/dvacore/etc/model/PlateDetection but I show nothing in openvino documentation

• 4 weeks later...

Sometime, the process sswebstreamd crash, and DVA doesn't work, but facial recognisation is OK:

2024-04-10T10:56:43+02:00 DISKSTATION coredump[18022]: Process sswebstreamd[22665](/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/sbin/sswebstreamd) dumped core on signal [11]. Core file [/volume1/@sswebstreamd.synology_geminilake_dva1622.69057.core.gz]. Cmdline [/var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/sbin/sswebstreamd ]
2024-04-10T10:56:47+02:00 DISKSTATION coredump[18022]: Core file [/volume1/@sswebstreamd.synology_geminilake_dva1622.69057.core.gz] size [33706015]

I need to restart SS package for restore the DVA process with command systemctl restart pkgctl-SurveillanceStation

Do you have this problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s something I’ve encountered, very slow NZB download speeds. Sabnzb or nzbget, in docker or native dsm app. Was experiencing 20~30MB/s. I’ve migrated back to DS918+, mid 80’s to +100MB/s now. Still using ARC, just different platform. All settings stayed the same, no reinstall. What would be the cause?

Posted (edited)

@dyter, @dimakv2014

@IG-88 and I have a shared interest in topics related to ASM1166 and ECS07.

This is covered primarily on page 3 of this topic.

In order to avoid further hijacking of this topic regarding the development of SVA1622,

it doesn't seem like a bad idea to continue the discussion on that topic.

I have both of these controllers.
The pros and cons of both controllers have already been mentioned in this topic.
If you have further questions, please continue this topic.

Edited by Peter Suh