XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

5 minutes ago, Orphée said:

@gadreel as baremetal, you probably won't be able to fake PCI ID... and I'm not sure 10th gen addon handle 8086:9BC8.

I did rebuild i915.ko to enable my ID in it but never made it work for Surveillance Station.

It only worked for Plex/Emby.

Then with proxmox faking ID made everything work.

@Orphée

I tried through Proxmox, I went though your steps and everything but no luck.

Today I tried with DSM 7.1 and I got it to output the display. Does the DSM version matters?

Same question goes for ARPL and ARC will it make any difference if I use ARPL instead of ARC loader?

Edited by gadreel

@gadreel The first prerequisite is to passthrough your iGPU. as long as you don't have a working passthrough (/dev/dri available and i915 module loaded) you won't succeed.

There are hardware and bios configuration mandatory for this.

So depending on your hardware, PCI-e passtrough may not be possible at all on your hardware.

As I told you 9BC8 is not part of genuine i915 driver available in DVA1622 loader.

Unless 10th i915 addon handle 9BC8, your only option will be to rebuild the i915 module yourself like I usually did for my need.

i915_pciids.h

image.thumb.png.2e1d88432c8c62f12871a52a54bcfbc6.png

9BC8 is considered as Gen9... so 10th gen addon my not ship 9BC8...

image.thumb.png.33b613476fde2fba298d7bfd6e524d63.png

When I rebuilt module myself, as it is actually just a PCI ID issue, I just added the missing line

for you it would be :   

#define INTEL_CFL_S_GT2_IDS(info) \
    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x3E91, info), /* SRV GT2 */ \
    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x3E92, info), /* SRV GT2 */ \
    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x3E96, info), /* SRV GT2 */ \
    INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x3E9A, info)  /* SRV GT2 */ \

INTEL_VGA_DEVICE(0x9BC8, info)  /* SRV GT2 */

But I did it some month ago, I don't have building environnment anymore.

And don't ask me any help on how to do it yourself, it is to old for me to remind perfectly.

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Orphée said:

@gadreel The first prerequisite is to passthrough your iGPU. as long as you don't have a working passthrough (/dev/dri available and i915 module loaded) you won't succeed.

There are hardware and bios configuration mandatory for this.

So depending on your hardware, PCI-e passtrough may not be possible at all on your hardware.

As I told you 9BC8 is not part of genuine i915 driver available in DVA1622 loader.

Unless 10th i915 addon handle 9BC8, your only option will be to rebuild the i915 module yourself like I usually did for my need.

i915_pciids.h 15.17 kB · 1 download

image.thumb.png.2e1d88432c8c62f12871a52a54bcfbc6.png

9BC8 is considered as Gen9... so 10th gen addon my not ship 9BC8...

image.thumb.png.33b613476fde2fba298d7bfd6e524d63.png

When I rebuilt module myself, as it is actually just a PCI ID issue, I just added the missing line

for you it would be :   

But I did it some month ago, I don't have building environnment anymore.

And don't ask me any help on how to do it yourself, it is to old for me to remind perfectly.

@Orphée

It worked, I installed on Proxmox 7.4 instead of 8, followed your guide to blacklist the i915 and I installed arc loader and DSM 7.1.

I used 3e91 as the device id and it works.

I feel that the reason it was not working before it was due to DSM 7.2...

48 minutes ago, gadreel said:

@Orphée

It worked, I installed on Proxmox 7.4 instead of 8, followed your guide to blacklist the i915 and I installed arc loader and DSM 7.1.

I used 3e91 as the device id and it works.

I feel that the reason it was not working before it was due to DSM 7.2...

It works with 7.2

Edit :

You may try this without any warranty, I hexedited the 7.2 i915 module  :i915_9BC8.ko

Edited by Orphée

7 hours ago, Orphée said:

It works with 7.2

Edit :

You may try this without any warranty, I hexedited the 7.2 i915 module  : i915_9BC8.ko 2.05 MB · 0 downloads

@Orphée Thanks, I created a task and then I received a message that I cannot have more than one or two tasks which is very limited.

I have placed an order for a GTX 1650 GDDR5, to test DVA3221 which has a lot more tasks...

Edited by gadreel

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I managed to install it on Synology original 918+ in VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) with RedPill ARPL v1.1-beta2a DVA1622 loader VMDK.

Everything is fine until the installation, but there is a problem because it cannot detect the Hard Disk.

If someone can help me, i read 26 pages so far but i didn't find anything for my problem or i missed something i didn't understand :)

In picture number 3 you will see the procedure I used from this site:

https://prog.world/test-run-of-synology-video-surveillance-system-for-8-cameras/

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 11-26-32 test.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 10-46-30 Synology Web Assistant.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 13-12-13 Test run of Synology video surveillance system for 8 cameras - Prog.World.png

5 hours ago, vista1967 said:

I managed to install it on Synology original 918+ in VMM (Virtual Machine Manager) with RedPill ARPL v1.1-beta2a DVA1622 loader VMDK.

Everything is fine until the installation, but there is a problem because it cannot detect the Hard Disk.

did you add a virtual disk to the vm's config in VMM?

the vmdk is just the boot media (loader), you would at least need one (virtual) disk to install dsm in that VM, on newer dsm installs its ~20GB for dsm istself and some space is needed as data volume to at least install packages in dsm, i guess the storage for recordings can alter be mounted in same way from the main/host system (would be nor verry effective to have a extra virtual disk in the host for recordings)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vista1967 said:

I finally managed to install everything and everything works :)
Now I have a problem with License (0) I don't have it, but it should have 8?

My charger is RedPill ARPL v1.1-beta2a DVA1622.

Did you manually change SN to UBR after first 4 digits at begining while building the loader?

Try using more recent version of the loader it should have been fixed.

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1

Hello,

I created 2 virtual disks of 30 GB, but now the problem is that the disks fill up in 1 day and I have no more space, then an error appears that I need to repair the disks.

I use the virtual DVA1622 only for 8 licenses, no cameras are connected to it, but they are connected to our real DS918+.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution!

Edited by vista1967

1 hour ago, vista1967 said:

Hello,

I created 2 virtual disks of 30 GB, but now the problem is that the disks fill up in 1 day and I have no more space, then an error appears that I need to repair the disks.

I use the virtual DVA1622 only for 8 licenses, no cameras are connected to it, but they are connected to our real DS918+.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution!

You dont have igpu on dva1622 and it builds error logs, you need to disable Local Display service and remove those log files through SSH.

1. Disable Local Display in Surveillance Station -> Apps

2. Enable SSH and Telnet on Synology

3. with WinSCP login as admin to Synology

4. sudo -i to become root

5. Navigate to following folder:

/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/

6. run command:

sudo rm /volume1/\@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/BrowserMetrics/*.pma

7. Disable SSH and Telnet in DSM. May need to reboot. Done.

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1

Hi, I have a question again :)

is it possible to update my current version (DVA1622)  DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 6 with the new one DSM 7.2.1-69057,  my loader is RedPill ARPL v1.1-beta2a ?

Thank you!

It all depends on a loader, if Pocopico's TCRP then you must rebuild it, if APRL or Arc, you can try click update in Arc worked right away

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nextasy said:

Hey folks,

which display/video adapter is recommend to use face recognition/deep video analytics. I have a HP Microserver with Intel Xeon E3-1265L V2  - the onboard GPU (Intel® HD-Grafik 2500) does not seem to work.

Thank you guys

You can forget it with this CPU / motherboard.

You need at least 4th gen CPU / haswell.

23 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

It all depends on a loader, if Pocopico's TCRP then you must rebuild it, if APRL or Arc, you can try click update in Arc worked right away

@dimakv2014

I have now installed TCRP virtually,I did these commands:

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DS920+

./rploader.sh build dva1622_42661   now I don't know what the command is to install the latest version DSM 7.2.1-69057

maybe i should install first: ./rploader.sh build dva1622_42661 and only then to update DSM 7.2.1-69057, according to the classic procedure?

thank you!

@dimakv2014

I have now installed TCRP virtually,I did these commands:

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DS920+

./rploader.sh build dva1622_42661   now I don't know what the command is to install the latest version DSM 7.2.1-69057

maybe i should install first: ./rploader.sh build dva1622_42661 and only then to update DSM 7.2.1-69057, according to the classic procedure?

thank you!

Nope, if its one of the latest versions you have to use web interface with your http://ip, also edit user_config.json

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1