XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

25 minutes ago, Orphée said:

Honestly I was able to recompile i915 module with just added missing 3E98 for my case.

It worked and module was loaded. I was able to HW transcode, but still, Surveillance Station AI was crashing.

I think it is not just a missing module issue, but also inside some Surveillance Station DLLs ...

Synology is known for making double checks in both .pat and .spk for ss, so yes you are correct its not just driver change in dsm required its surveillance station which gives headache as well. If face rec for example needed in pictures modifying driver would be enough but new versions of SS .spk are encrypted so there is no way to modify.

Edit: its possible to modify SS files in place using root but it requires reverse engineering and we must know where to search but still it wont be possible to create modified ss.spk

I remember we tried to modify SS version 8.2.9 long time ago using IDA Pro, cam licenses weren't a problem at all, but synology put a time bomb in a code, which disabled cams and recordings after some time, we checked almost all dlls and when opened one .lib file in full screen there was message from developers of Surveillance Station in a binary code "NO HACK ME" ))) that was a funny way to joke ))

Edited by dimakv2014

Hi, I’m really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 
I’m using a fairly dated version of TCRP 0.9 and dva1622 7.1

I really want to upgrade to latest TCRP so I can be up to date on DSM. 

Here are the steps I’ve taken this far. 

Download/write latest TCRP to usb drive

Booted flash drive and performed these commands. 

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA1622 realmac

./rploader.sh build dva1622-7.1.1-42962 withfriend

exitcheck.sh reboot

when system booted back up, the tcrp friend page came one but no IP detected. 

when I opened synology assistant, machine was discovered but status was not installed. When I open the IP, I get no drives detected.

i shut down the machine, reinserted my previous usb key and rebooted machine, everything is back now.

what am I not doing correctly here?

any help is much appreciated. 

Edited by merve04

6 hours ago, merve04 said:

Hi, I’m really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 
I’m using a fairly dated version of TCRP 0.9 and dva1622 7.1

I really want to upgrade to latest TCRP so I can be up to date on DSM. 

Here are the steps I’ve taken this far. 

Download/write latest TCRP to usb drive

Booted flash drive and performed these commands. 

./rploader.sh update

./rploader.sh fullupgrade

./rploader.sh identifyusb

./rploader.sh serialgen DVA1622 realmac

./rploader.sh build dva1622-7.1.1-42962 withfriend

exitcheck.sh reboot

when system booted back up, the tcrp friend page came one but no IP detected. 

when I opened synology assistant, machine was discovered but status was not installed. When I open the IP, I get no drives detected.

i shut down the machine, reinserted my previous usb key and rebooted machine, everything is back now.

what am I not doing correctly here?

any help is much appreciated. 

Check your cmdline while DSM is up and running (with old loader) by running cat /proc/cmdline and then use these values to recreate your new loader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pocopico said:

Check your cmdline while DSM is up and running (with old loader) by running cat /proc/cmdline and then use these values to recreate your new loader.

Thanks for the response, I followed the command as you suggested, I see many lines with values. Which ones should I be paying attention too?

5 hours ago, merve04 said:

Thanks for the response, I followed the command as you suggested, I see many lines with values. Which ones should I be paying attention too?

Your hardware information is insufficient.

Please attach a screen capture of the monitor where TCRP FRIEND is executed and tell me your H/W specifications.

(MOBO model, separate use of Sata controller, etc.)

I guess I'll have to check the junior logs if needed.

Edited by Peter Suh

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

Your hardware information is insufficient.

Please attach a screen capture of the monitor where TCRP FRIEND is executed and tell me your H/W specifications.

(MOBO model, separate use of Sata controller, etc.)

I guess I'll have to check the junior logs if needed.

I've attached a screenshot of the cat /proc/cmdline

I have a Gigabyte B365M DS3H, Intel i5-8400, 2x 16GB Corsair ram, 2x jmicron jmb585.

My server is currently occupied hosting streams but at my next availability, I can boot the usb key back up and take a picture of when the tcrp friend screen comes on.

It's my understanding I do not need to do "./rploader.sh satamap" due to DVA1622 uses devicetree and sometime ago TCRP had an automated approach in finding the drives.

IMG_5580.jpeg

1 hour ago, merve04 said:

I've attached a screenshot of the cat /proc/cmdline

I have a Gigabyte B365M DS3H, Intel i5-8400, 2x 16GB Corsair ram, 2x jmicron jmb585.

My server is currently occupied hosting streams but at my next availability, I can boot the usb key back up and take a picture of when the tcrp friend screen comes on.

It's my understanding I do not need to do "./rploader.sh satamap" due to DVA1622 uses devicetree and sometime ago TCRP had an automated approach in finding the drives.

IMG_5580.jpeg

Anyway, since nic seems to be working, let's check the log through junior.
It seems that you are already in junior mode because you haven't installed DSM yet.
Please check and attach the log through the TTYD web console as shown below.

You must use a web browser.

http://<youripaddr>:7681/

id : root / pw : ( no password )

cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log

ls -l /sys/block

ls -la /sys/class/ata_device

ls -l /dev/syno*

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Anyway, since nic seems to be working, let's check the log through junior.
It seems that you are already in junior mode because you haven't installed DSM yet.
Please check and attach the log through the TTYD web console as shown below.

You must use a web browser.

http://<youripaddr>:7681/

id : root / pw : ( no password )

cat /var/log/linuxrc.syno.log

ls -l /sys/block

ls -la /sys/class/ata_device

ls -l /dev/syno*

Here is what I get on the TCRP friend screen.

Regarding your instructions, when booting my server with the functional USB key, if i enter my ip, http://10.10.1.101:7681/ in my web browser, firefox, I get connection closed.

IMG_5581.jpg

Edited by merve04

3 hours ago, merve04 said:

Here is what I get on the TCRP friend screen.

Regarding your instructions, when booting my server with the functional USB key, if i enter my ip, http://10.10.1.101:7681/ in my web browser, firefox, I get connection closed.

IMG_5581.jpg

Are the LEDs on the NIC lit?

In addition, the ability to check with the Getty console when the NIC is not operating is
Added to my M SHELL for TCRP FRIEND.
Please refer to the contents below and create the loader again.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.4.3-2

I'm not sure why its the menu.sh is all in chinese or something, but i managed to go through the menu by just hitting enter,enter,enter,enter and it started building the key, im concern that the SN is of SJR type. Server got the same error on Friend screen, but i let it boot and synology assistant showed system as migrate-able. I guess before I decide to proceed, how can i adjust the SN so i wont have an issue with surveillance station?

IMG_5594.jpg

On 4/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, Peter Suh said:

In addition, the ability to check with the Getty console when the NIC is not operating is

Well I used pocopico's tcrp to generate a UBR serial# and inputed it in your build, happy it booted in DSM but just like last time in July '22, it wiped all my personal settings without prompting me if I wanted or not. Its frustrating but i guess the important thing is my data is intact. Thanks for the support.

• Like 1

I'm using Surveillance on my physical DS920+ with DVA1622 vm which keeps running out of disk space. I'm forced to add like 100 GB every week and there's nothing that I can find on the DVA1622 disk volume. It's 0 bytes. It is paired in CMS as a recording server so that I have the required licenses for my cameras.

So my question or two is,

1) is this the correct setup (DVA1622 must be the Recording Server while my physical DS920+ is the Host?). I want the DS920+ to use all the storage for the cameras and it does with this setup...I just don't understand why does DVA1622 need any storage space other than for its packages. It has nothing installed except Surveillance with an empty Shared Folder and no camera recordings

I did find after ssh'ing to the dva1622 vm that this path uses all the storage but why? What is it for and can I just rm it?

/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/BrowserMetrics

which has over 54,000 files like: BrowserMetrics-643B46F4-1315.pma that are 4 MB each

Edited by yorkman

On 4/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, Peter Suh said:

Is your version compatible to upgrade to 42962-U5?

hi team im trying to install DVA1622 to a xpenology server with AMD Ryzen 3800x .......everything goes nice when comes the moment to insert manually pat file to begin installation ...all the time ill get error...ill try all updates in specific version and the same results.......DVA can install to AMD processors? Try it with ARPL  and works perfectly...not understand why with tinycore not working....iwant this bootloader because is more faster

Edited by chrisrer

Hello, I installed today DVA1622 build 42962 using Automated Redpill Loader following this Instruction to get 8 camera licenses on latest Surveillance Station v.9.1.0-10660 but after installation not even single license is available. The s/n was generated automatically by loader. What do I do wrong. Is anyone succeed and have all 8 cameras. Thanks,

ss.jpg

Edited by rusyn

13 hours ago, rusyn said:

Hello, I installed today DVA1622 build 42962 using Automated Redpill Loader following this Instruction to get 8 camera licenses on latest Surveillance Station v.9.1.0-10660 but after installation not even single license is available. The s/n was generated automatically by loader. What do I do wrong. Is anyone succeed and have all 8 cameras. Thanks,

ss.jpg

Likely your SN has ****SJR*******
You need one that has ****UBR******

I built a key using latest TCRP and wrote down the generated SN from it and imputed in my choice of loader. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, merve04 said:

Likely your SN has ****SJR*******
You need one that has ****UBR******

I built a key using latest TCRP and wrote down the generated SN from it and imputed in my choice of loader. 

You are correct. I did change SN to ****UBR****** and after rebuilding a loader all 8 licenses shows up. Thank you for a quick reply merve04.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:26 AM, yorkman said:

I'm using Surveillance on my physical DS920+ with DVA1622 vm which keeps running out of disk space. I'm forced to add like 100 GB every week and there's nothing that I can find on the DVA1622 disk volume. It's 0 bytes. It is paired in CMS as a recording server so that I have the required licenses for my cameras.

So my question or two is,

1) is this the correct setup (DVA1622 must be the Recording Server while my physical DS920+ is the Host?). I want the DS920+ to use all the storage for the cameras and it does with this setup...I just don't understand why does DVA1622 need any storage space other than for its packages. It has nothing installed except Surveillance with an empty Shared Folder and no camera recordings

I did find after ssh'ing to the dva1622 vm that this path uses all the storage but why? What is it for and can I just rm it?

/volume1/@appstore/SurveillanceStation/local_display/.config/chromium-local-display/BrowserMetrics

which has over 54,000 files like: BrowserMetrics-643B46F4-1315.pma that are 4 MB each

I assume you don't have a working local display GPU.  Go to Application Center in SS and find and stop the Local Display service:

image.png.b4be4ded87f754625ecd9d7e0faf192e.png

You should also purge those *.pma files over SSH.  They should not reappear now.

• Like 1