XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

On 2/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, reboot said:

I have installed on bare metal with Intel® Core™ i5-10400T Processor which has Intel® UHD Graphics 630 iGPU. 

AI applications in SS do not work. 

All I read suggest that this iGPU should compatible with AI in SS.

Here are the messages from surveillance.log.

Feb 27 09:47:28 [13019][13022][ss-service][notice] ssdaemonmonitord.cpp:54:CheckDaemon(): Daemon [faced] stopped abnormally, auto restart.

Feb 27 09:47:29 [13019][13022][ss-service][notice] ssdaemonmonitord.cpp:54:CheckDaemon(): Daemon [dvad] stopped abnormally, auto restart.

You suggested checking RAM, I am wondering how?

Thanks.

I just booted Windows on my bare metal PC and tested it from windows. There are memtest bootable CDs. Not sure if bootloader has some sort of utility built in. 

Can also confirm that updating to/installing Version: 9.1.0-10660 breaks 8 camera licensing. Only getting 0.

But what makes it worse is you are getting 0 cameras, meaning non functional SS. So if it also happens on other platforms  no more farms of 2 license slaves making up make an bigger working system. Heck no more 2 license systems :( this is SAD

Edited by dimammx

Ok, so I also can confirm that with a real SN/MAC address pair, latest Surveillance Station 9.1.0 still works as usual with 8 licences on DVA1622 loader (ARPL currently)

(Edit : Works too for DVA3221 with real SN/MAC pair)

Edited by Orphée

7 hours ago, IG-88 said:

will be interesting to see if the normal (non dva/openvino) 9.1 also breaks the default license on all the other systems

Tested on RS4021xs+ loader with fake SN (and real MAC address)

image.thumb.png.9f2bb998cbf7d752ea5ae10a68424434.png

Still working with 2 licences.

So I tried again the DVA1622 loader with its "real" UBR trigram but fake SN/MAC:

image.thumb.png.b9ebb6686d57bfa5d40cbccfac82dde6.png

For me I still have 8 licences with DVA1622 loader.

Until @fbelavenuto and @pocopico update their repo, you may try to manually set SN with UBR trigram, (like shown above 2260UBRXXXXXX).

Please test and report :)

Edit : changing SN to SJR (DVA3221 real trigram) breaks licences. so there is still no real SN/MAC check, but only trigram check.

Until now, using DVA3221 trigram for DVA1622 was working, but they added this check. luckily we found a few days ago the real DVA1622 trigram : UBR

Edited by Orphée
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2023 at 10:20 PM, Orphée said:

Just installed a new fresh DVA1622 with ARPL on a new VM  (proxmox) with generated serial from loader

image.thumb.png.1048d9814117f36535b660713a1d77a7.png

Are you running baremetal or VM ? if VM, did you give the minimum required specs ?

Like the original one : 1cpu 4 cores ? 4GB Ram ?

I ran on baremetal. Asrock Deskmini 110 with Intel G4560 CPU. It has 2C4T and i slotted in a single 8GB ram

After read thru the other message, i think i know what to do. 

Edited by chaplin_lee
Add on info

On 3/22/2023 at 3:01 PM, vortexxx said:

I test g3930, its works dva1622 fine. Its cheapest configuration is chipset 110 and 3930. One Face Recognition task works. I have Axis cams with output relay, it cans open door with face ID.

Can you share more on how you integrate the face detection with cams?

11 hours ago, locbet said:

Anybody test J6412 for 1622 and working perfect ?

no, that is elkhart lake, i dont thing that the gpu in that cpu is supported atm

its up to 10th gen cpu for now or you will have to wait for the sa6400 to get "safe" an released in tcrp and arpl, sa6400 comes with kernel 5.10.x and in that would have way better i915 driver by default, sa6400 being a business oriented nas only unit without gpu support got a i915 driver added lately by adding the missing parts through backports (jim ma is doing this) imho more promising then 7.2 atm as 7.2 will not bring any kernel version changes so the one and only kernel 5.x unit is still be sa6400 (maybe some new 2023 release units might come with 5.x?), up to 11th gen is supported including jasper and elkhard lake, but as it is a "non dva" unit there might be problems using face recognition i survailance station but using videostations hardware transcoding and photos should work the same as on 920+

when looking for Ai and face recognition it might be "safer" to go with dva32xx units, getting the "right" nvidia gpu's for the driver involved in this units might be easier (but might be more expansive in purchasing and running as it will consume more power long term), the nvidia card in question are older now and might be easier to get 2nd hand - but it needs reading into this (driver version used be synology and its supported gpu's)

easy gonig way is still fetching a 8th/9th gen cpu system and building around that

dsm as we use it here is a appliance that can be complicated or impossible to have it your way so its often less hassle to bend yourself (hardware to use) in the way dsm needs, and that needs way more preparation and knowledge or asking around then most expect or want to and its often not the best way to buy the newest and best, most likely some "older" average hardware (from the gaming point of view) is better then anything new (synology is using highly customized old kernels and is slow taking it to the next level)

i hope that gives you and other some ideas on how to go forward and also think about what you really need, specially with newer hardware and the need to just store date it might be easier to use open media vault (still my preferred fallback i keep up in case dsm breaks) or unraid - or think about buying a original units from synology, depending an the use case the "under powered" hardware is no problem and the hardware they sell is usually reliable and holds 5+ years (not flashy but solid) the only downside is that higher disk counts get really expansive but with 16TB HDD's  or bigger a 4 slot unit might be ok (as long as at least a 2.5G nic is present)

• Like 1

Le 17/10/2022 à 05:20, bluecatus a dit :

Hi, I was able to start DVA1622 working great. But I faced to one problem that volume which was installed DSM was full after couple days without any manually data added to this volume. I don't know why? Please help me resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Hi, did you find the reason ? I got the same problem.

Thanks

I tested an AsRock J3355M (with Intel HD Graphics 500) as DVA1622 with serial number 2260UBRXXXXXX (gives 8 licenses with Surveillance Station 9.1.0.10600). One face recognition task works well. So I changed the SN from SJR to UBR and rebuilt the bootloader for my current NAS (D3417-B21 GS2 + i5-7500T)

Edited by Zhyryrk

Yep thanks,

I had allready tryed disabeling Local display and also IP Speakers and was waiting to see if it was ok.

It seems to be good and thanks to you i do know it's Local Display now.

For information:

Working on DS918+ with 2 NV1622VM and 16+2 cams. Will try with a third VM to add the few more cam I have.

On 3/20/2023 at 6:31 PM, vortexxx said:

Anybody test i3-7100 for 1622 and working face detection?

I'm running on i3-7100U (intel NUC), everything works without problems, but only on baremetal. Tried running through proxmox with gpu passthrough without luck on this cpu . On SS 9.1 i'm running 1 face and 1 people task (via task activation workaround) with average load of 25%. Interestingly, SS 9.0 was generating almost twice as much load. 

1 hour ago, yorkman said:

What file and what is this trigram and SN I should change it to? Or do I just make up my own?

you can do it in the loaders menu (if it has one) or in its config file (same place where you define the mac address for you network card)

the sn is used as kernel parameter when the loader begins to start dsm's original kernel

it pretty much the same as with jun's old 6.x loader, only difference is that you did it in 6.x loader in the grub.cfg and now its stored in a xml file

maybe re-read the howto for configuring the 7.x loader again, there is a part where the sn is configured (usually as random generated but there is also a option to manually enter one and thats where you have to go)

alternativ is to uninstall SS and install the old version manually as spk file

https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/SurveillanceStation/9.0.2-10061

"SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.0.2-10061_openvino.spk"

Edited by IG-88

On 8/2/2022 at 2:41 AM, davinci73 said:

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

you can do it in the loaders menu (if it has one) or in its config file (same place where you define the mac address for you network card)

the sn is used as kernel parameter when the loader begins to start dsm's original kernel

it pretty much the same as with jun's old 6.x loader, only difference is that you did it in 6.x loader in the grub.cfg and now its stored in a xml file

maybe re-read the howto for configuring the 7.x loader again, there is a part where the sn is configured (usually as random generated but there is also a option to manually enter one and thats where you have to go)

alternativ is to uninstall SS and install the old version manually as spk file

https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/SurveillanceStation/9.0.2-10061

"SurveillanceStation-x86_64-9.0.2-10061_openvino.spk"

I tried downloading the SS version I previously had so that I could manually reinstall but it always says something like archive damaged or corrupted. So I found the spk file of the exact same version I downloaded (I still had it on my pc from when I first did the install) and that one worked fine on my DS920+, and it's exact the same filename so obviously Synology changed something in their downloadable spk's. I restored a backup of the DVA1622 vm so everything's working again. I haven't done this for so long that (maybe a year ago), yes, if I had to update the sn# I'd have to go back and re-read the howto again. Thanks for your response anyway. I don't recall updating the grub.cfg file before. I think I just updated the mac# in VMWare Workstation for the DVA1622 vm and that's it.

Edited by yorkman