XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

5 minutes ago, raelix said:

thank you for your help...I think I'm doing some steps ahead just only thanks to you. I passed the night doing the same configuration. I suspect it could be a kernel/proxmox version issue.

As last point I would like to ask you which kernel version and proxmox version you are using? 

I'm using the 7.4-3 and Linux pve 5.15.102-1-pve.

It is not a kernel issue.

I'm running this conf since some month already, and I always update proxmox/kernel as soon as it is available.

Oh so my setup should be correct, do you think the issue is with this line?

[ 7108.953795] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
[ 7108.963507] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [00:02.0] fault addr 0x9babb000 [fault reason 0x05] PTE Write access is not set
[ 7109.157795] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
[ 7109.157797] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [00:02.0] fault addr 0x9baba000 [fault reason 0x05] PTE Write access is not set
[ 7109.361802] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3

Or you have it as well?

@Orphée everything was correct I was searching in the wrong place...A BIOS upgrade fixed the error messages, AI is now working! Thanks a lot for your super super help!

Edit: At this point my last question would be, do you think I can register a Synology Account or I should not do that? Thanks again!

Edited by raelix

I really need your help.

no version of the dva1622 works.

In baremetal or vm I succeeded from another device in VM but even by importing the ova in vmm I get a failure during the installation

How can I be sure it's hardware incompatibility?

As a reminder attempt to install on a proliant dl120 g6

THANKS

@Orphée brother i need your help. i am having same cpu as raelix 10700k. same device id. using arpl latest. i am unable to boot with OVMF(uefi) in proxmox. can your help me with it?

a screenshot of your hardware tab would be super helpful.

Edited by billa786165
adding addional info

18 minutes ago, billa786165 said:

@Orphée brother i need your help. i am having same cpu as raelix 10700k. same device id. using arpl latest. i am unable to boot with OVMF(uefi) in proxmox. can your help me with it?

a screenshot of your hardware tab would be super helpful.

1- I'm not your brother

2- did you add the EFI disk needed to boot OVMF (UEFI) ?

3- Did you disable Secure Boot in BIOS Guest VM ?

Edited by Orphée

1 hour ago, billa786165 said:

@Orphée thanks. After disable secureboot. It works. Dva1622 install successfully but Ai not working. Changing device ID does not work. Hw transcoding also not working. Tried it with plex. 

To test that igpu passthrough successful. I install windows and ubuntu and and gpu works on both os.

Check the dmesg logs on the proxmox host to understand what happen when the vm is started.

Try also to grep in dmesg for i915 to be sure that the host is not loading the kernel module.

8 minutes ago, raelix said:

Check the dmesg logs on the proxmox host to understand what happen when the vm is started.

Try also to grep in dmesg for i915 to be sure that the host is not loading the kernel module.

Can i ask what guide you follow for intel igpu passthrough?

7 minutes ago, raelix said:

No, you can check the previous pages of this thread where there are multiple messages by @Orphée about his configuration.

intel_iommu=igfx_off will disable your gpu so you should not use it.

intel_iommu=igfx_off is set inside my guest DVA1622 cmdline, not in proxmox kernel cmdline.

I took it from a real Syno, but it seems to work without it.

Edited by Orphée

This has been a problem for quite some time, when I used to use 918+ loader my usenet downloaded would peak near or hit 100MB\s, but with DVA1622 I seem to hit mid 60's. Here's the same nzb file with same server setup on my mac vs in xpenology. Any thoughts? I suspect its a network driver issue, as this also follow file transfer speed. I highly doubt 8x Exos X16 is SHR-2 is a bottleneck in speed.

I've also tried running DVA1622 on a different machine but its a different NIC and I get full transfer speeds. This is on a Gigabyte B365M-DS3H (RTL8118) vs Asus B85M-g (RTL8111G)

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.42.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 3.44.03 PM.png

Edited by merve04

Random thoughts, not sure if anyone had tried.

Recently I am researching Proxmox with vgpu unlock. In short, it allows user to use consumer GPU as vGPU and share the GPU resource across multiple VMs. While researching, I realized that the vGPU can be pretended to be other model GPU.

I am thinking if there will be any chance to use this method to present GTX1650 to a VM to performs AI tasks in Xpenology DVA1622.

p.s. I am researching and yet to purchase any hardware resources to do experiments. 

58 minutes ago, chaplin_lee said:

Random thoughts, not sure if anyone had tried.

Recently I am researching Proxmox with vgpu unlock. In short, it allows user to use consumer GPU as vGPU and share the GPU resource across multiple VMs. While researching, I realized that the vGPU can be pretended to be other model GPU.

I am thinking if there will be any chance to use this method to present GTX1650 to a VM to performs AI tasks in Xpenology DVA1622.

p.s. I am researching and yet to purchase any hardware resources to do experiments. 

I dont think it will work the way you want, because it will not be able to install intel or nvidia gpu drivers in vGPU (vSGA), for this to work you need full passthrough vDGA. Maybe in new version something has been changed, but I doubt that but as you can see from table Shared virtual gpu limits a lot of features that require real gpu drivers and hardware features of gpu itself such as Encoder chip which is required for DVA

IMG_20230508_181633.png

Edited by dimakv2014

Hello everyone,

I have hp Probook 430 G7 with  cpu intel i5-10210 and Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processors, I used Tinycore-Redpill  0.9.4.5 to install DSM_DVA1622_42962, however, everythings work fine except AI And Local Display, it doesn't want to show-up even aftter disable it and re-enable the local display package from Surveillance Station. its continue to shows boot loader info when booting .

Loading Linux...

Loading intramfDVA1622s....

Starting kernel with USB boot

-

there are anyway to make AI And LOcal display works ?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by teslaweiler