Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+

On 4/17/2021 at 12:45 PM, SnowDrifter said:

Looking to get this going so I can get my second ethernet port working. If someone wouldn’t mind sanity checking before I dive into this

Hardware:

ASrock Rack C246 WSI - 2 x RJ45 GLAN by Intel® i210+Intel® i219LM
Intel I3-9100
DMS 6.2.2-23739 – jun 1.04b – 918+

Install:

SSH w/ root
rm -rf /usr/lib/modules/update/*
rm -rf /usr/lib/firmware/i915/*

Shut down the system

Chuck the usb into my computer, mount w/ osfmount, replace the original files in the partition with the updated lzma

done?

Threw together a test install w/ a new drive and different USB.

Network doesn't seem to wake up once any of the updated lzmas are applied. find.synology.com not finding anything. Viewing router shows nothing

7 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Threw together a test install w/ a new drive and different USB.

Network doesn't seem to wake up once any of the updated lzmas are applied. find.synology.com not finding anything. Viewing router shows nothing

Decided to try a thing

Did a test update to dsm 6.2.3, then installed update 3 (which is interesting because I never could get it to install...)

Loaded up the corresponding driver pack from there, and everything works flawlessly

Did once again on working machine, and same result. All settled

14 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

Did a test update to dsm 6.2.3, then installed update 3 (which is interesting because I never could get it to install...)
Loaded up the corresponding driver pack from there, and everything works flawlessly
Did once again on working machine, and same result. All settled

from my point of view there is no reason to keep 6.2.2

6.2.3 works better and is again driver compatible to the original 6.2.0 the loader was made with

only downside is the non working i915 with jun's original extra/extra2 but thats fixed with my extra/extra2

• 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Sorry for my question, but I got problems to figure out form the start post which extra.lzma I can use now and what is supported

@IG-88I read in a posting of you, that you added 2 years ago the aqc107 driver, the current list contains the aqc111 module, does it also contain the one for aqc107? If yes, is it included in both, the one for 918+ and 3615xs? Do I just use the packet for 6.2.0 on 6.2.3 since the driver model only for 6.2.2 has been changed? Or do I take the testing driver packets? Are the preparations (deleting the content of the two folder) listed in the starter still needed?

Forget my post, I was in the wrong sub. I reported my post to get it deleted.

Edited by valix

Hi,

Thanks for your great work.

I have a old configuration (i3 Haswell and an ethernet chipset RTL81111DL + DSM6.1). I would like to update my configuration to DSM6.2.2. But I have some problems with the original Jun.1.04. It seems that my network chipset is not detected. 

Could you add the RTL8111DL driver to your extra. lzma ?

Thanks

hi,

i have currently an P8H77-I which has a Realtek® RTL8111F.

i am facing some issue...

so far, i manage to have the whole thing working with the 6.1.7 version but as soon as i go to 6.2.3 then i am stuck with network not reachable (not cool for a nas).

i have read several post so i decided to include the extra drivers in the *.img on the 30mb partition but so far...no luck...

so i took: synoboot(_ds3615_6.2).img and added the file at the beginning of the topic: extra3615_v0.11_test.zip

did i miss something?

thank you in advance for your help :-)

On 5/23/2021 at 12:52 AM, titoum said:

hi,

i have currently an P8H77-I which has a Realtek® RTL8111F.

i am facing some issue...

so far, i manage to have the whole thing working with the 6.1.7 version but as soon as i go to 6.2.3 then i am stuck with network not reachable (not cool for a nas).

i have read several post so i decided to include the extra drivers in the *.img on the 30mb partition but so far...no luck...

so i took: synoboot(_ds3615_6.2).img and added the file at the beginning of the topic: extra3615_v0.11_test.zip

did i miss something?

thank you in advance for your help :-)

nvm i went for a E1G42ETBLK so i dont face any problem in the futur.

• 2 months later...

after update / clean install to 6.2.3. package center stopped working. 'connection failed bla..bla.'. i have manually entered my dns to 8.8.8.8 even in the router has the same dns. delete /.xpenoboot and then reboot the package center show no package at all. is this has to do with the bootloader that not properly patch the system. 

on dsm 5.2 i have no trouble at all seeing my package available. please any help would be appreciated