XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

13 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

Reboot DSM and select in first menu "DSM force Reinstall" (do not worry, only the system part of the DSM will be reinstalled, at startup you will answer that you need to save the packages and settings)

image.png.fe116852969c9399943d13cf1645dbb9.png

Well, in general, I advise you to read the WiKi from the author of the Arc Loader - he describes everything quite well, there are already answers to many questions there (a work that deserves great respect, thank you, Christian!).

Now I did as you said and the problem is solved, everything works as it should :)
Thanks a lot for your tips!!!

Il y a 3 heures, javi930 a dit :

Can anybody help me?

When I search for the nas, more than 1 nas appears... And then it tells me that I have problems with disk 3 and 4. How can I solve it?

This is my hardware, I have hot plug activated, ic3 activated in cpu.

My hardware:

Asus P8H61-M LE R2.0

Cpu intel i5 2320

8gb ram

fa19c5c8f6c7fe5a69da80cf0421ee4e.png

What model did you choose?
I'm afraid the i5-2320 is a bit too old for any model... 😕

3 minutes ago, mojojojotroi said:

¿Qué modelo elegiste?
Me temo que el i5-2320 es un poco viejo para cualquier modelo... 😕

Still, is it compatible? Before I used a q6600 in dsm 6.1..

I follow this tutorial:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62221-tutorial-installmigrate-to-dsm-7x-with-tinycore-redpill-tcrp-loader/

When I put "./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661" I get this: (I'm trying to install Ds3622xs+)

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661
Error: Platform not found:
rploader.sh

Version: 0.10.0.0
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
Usage: ./rploader.sh <action> <platform version> <static or compile module> [extension manager arguments]

Actions: build, ext, download, clean, update, listmods, serialgen, identifyusb, patchdtc,
satamap, backup, backuploader, restoreloader, restoresession, mountdsmroot, postupdate,
mountshare, version, monitor, bringfriend, downloadupgradepat, help

- build <platform> <option> :
   Build the 💊 RedPill LKM and update the loader image for the specified platform version and update
   currentloader.

Valid Options: static/compile/manual/junmod/withfriend** (default: withfriend)

** withfriend add the TCRP friend and a boot option for auto patching

- ext <platform> <option> <URL>
   Manage extensions using redpill extension manager.

Valid Options: add/force_add/info/remove/update/cleanup/auto . Options after platform

Example:
   rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/rp-ext/master/e1000/rpext-index.json
   or for auto detect use
   rploader.sh ext apollolake-7.0.1-42218 auto

- download <platform> :
   Download redpill sources only

-clean:
   Removes all cached and downloaded files and starts over clean

-update:
   Checks github repo for latest version of rploader, and prompts you download and overwrite

- fullupgrade:
   Performs a full upgrade of the local files to the latest available on the repo. It will
   backup the current filed under /home/tc/old

- listmods <platform>:
   Tries to figure out any required extensions. This usually are device modules

- serialgen <synomodel> <option> :
   Generates a serial number and mac address for the following platforms
   DS3615xs DS3617xs DS916+ DS918+ DS920+ DS3622xs+ FS6400 DVA3219 DVA3221 DS1621+ DVA1622 DS2422+ RS4021xs+ DS923+ DS1522+ SA6400 FS2500 RS3413xs+ DS1019+ DS1520+ DS 1621xs+ DS723+

Valid Options : realmac , keeps the real mac of interface eth0

- identifyusb :
   Tries to identify your loader usb stick VID:PID and updates the user_config.json file

- patchdtc :
   Tries to identify and patch your dtc model for your disk and nvme devices. If you want to have
   your manually edited dts file used convert it to dtb and place it under /home/tc/custom-modules

- satamap :
   Tries to identify your SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap values and updates the user_config.json file

- backup:
   Backup and make changes /home/tc changed permanent to your loader disk. Next time you boot,
   your /home will be restored to the current state.

-backuploader:
   Backup current loader partitions to your TCRP partition

- restoreloader:
   Restore current loader partitions from your TCRP partition

- restoresession :
   Restore last user session files. (extensions and user_config.json)

- mountdsmroot :
   Mount DSM root for manual intervention on DSM root partition

- postupdate:
   Runs a postupdate process to recreate your rd.gz, zImage and custom.gz for junior to match root

- mountshare :
   Mounts a remote CIFS working directory

- version <option>:
   Prints rploader version and if the history option is passed then the version history is listed.

Valid Options: history, shows rploader release history.

- monitor :
   Prints system statistics related to TCRP loader

- getgrubconf :
   Checks your user_config.json file variables against current grub.cfg variables and updates your
   user_config.json accordingly

- bring friend
   Downloads TCRP friend and makes it the default boot option. TCRP Friend is here to assist with
   automated patching after an upgrade. No postupgrade actions will be required anymore, if TCRP
   friend is left as the default boot option.

- downloadupgradepat
   Downloads a specific upgrade pat that can be used for various troubleshooting purposes

- removefriend
   Reverse bringfriend actions and remove TCRP from your loader

- help: Show this page

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
Version: 0.10.0.0
tc@box:~$

---------------

Then the sataport map also fails:

tc@box:~$ ./rploader.sh satamap

Found "00:1f.2 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)"
Detected 6 ports/1 drives. Bad ports: 2 3 4. Override # of ports or ENTER to accept <6>

Computed settings:
SataPortMap=6
DiskIdxMap=00

WARNING: Bad ports are mapped. The DSM installation will fail!

Should I update the user_config.json with these values ? [Yy/Nn] and
Donate.
tc@box:~$

Hello everyone, I previously had a functional NAS on other hardware in DSM 6.1. Now I want to create a new one on other hardware so I can use DSM 7, but I have tried everything. I'll try to summarize it here.

My hardware:

-Asus P8H61-M LE R2.0 (last update of bios)
c1e enabled, hot plug enabled, ahci mode..
-Intel i5 2320 CPU
-8gb ram
-3tb HDD (1 + 1 + 1) 3 Sata Disks.

I have tried 2 ways, tynycore redpill and "rr ARPL". With RR, I haven't even been able to see the nas in Find.synology.

With Tinycore, I have gone further but with several problems;

-I find the nas, but with problems on disks 2,3 and 4. Now I don't get this problem, but no DSM can be installed.

I leave video proof.

I'm a noob at this, I haven't used Linux much, I've been looking at hundreds of forum posts for 1 week but I can't get it to work, I hope someone can help me!

Thank you.

@Peter Suh

video:

pd: I don't understand why many nas appear when I have formatted the USB drive and the hard drive.

Edited by javi930

7 часов назад, javi930 сказал:

Hello everyone, I previously had a functional NAS on other hardware in DSM 6.1. Now I want to create a new one on other hardware so I can use DSM 7, but I have tried everything. I'll try to summarize it here.

My hardware:

-Asus P8H61-M LE R2.0 (last update of bios)
c1e enabled, hot plug enabled, ahci mode..
-Intel i5 2320 CPU
-8gb ram
-3tb HDD (1 + 1 + 1) 3 Sata Disks.

I have tried 2 ways, tynycore redpill and "rr ARPL". With RR, I haven't even been able to see the nas in Find.synology.

With Tinycore, I have gone further but with several problems;

-I find the nas, but with problems on disks 2,3 and 4. Now I don't get this problem, but no DSM can be installed.

I leave video proof.

I'm a noob at this, I haven't used Linux much, I've been looking at hundreds of forum posts for 1 week but I can't get it to work, I hope someone can help me!

Thank you.

@Peter Suh

video:

pd: I don't understand why many nas appear when I have formatted the USB drive and the hard drive.

you may be using the wrong .pat file. Try to choose: "Automatically download..."

seeing this in the logs for sa6400 - any thoughts?

2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31748]: disk/disk_is_mv1475_driver.c:66 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata15/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name
2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31750]: disk/disk_is_mv_soc_driver.c:71 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata16/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name
2024-02-15T21:57:19-05:00 MediaVaultXL synostgd-disk[31750]: disk/disk_is_mv1475_driver.c:66 Can't get sata chip name from pattern /sys/block/sata16/device/../../scsi_host/host*/proc_name

I use rr version 24.2.0 and the installed model is ds918+ DMS 7.2 (the latest version)
I have customized mac1, but the network entity address on Synology Assistant captures the motherboard’s mac..

Is there any solution to solve the problem that Synology Assistant's network entity address captures the changed mac address.

Hello everyone.

I had to move my esxi and dsm6 from old hp microserver gen8 to same spec another motherboard. And while doing it I give a shot to dsm7.

Sata Controller Passthrough to DSM7VM like DSM6. Its very slow to boot. like 20 minutes to login screen. Then when entering password its giving error of "system is getting ready please try again later" vs.vs. And It takes almost 20-30 minutes. 

My Arc Loader VM at NVMe and DSM7VM has 4gb / 8gb ram with 8 core.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:00 PM, dj_nsk said:

you may be using the wrong .pat file. Try to choose: "Automatically download..."

I'll ask the DJ since he's so friggin ACTIVE! YEAH!

Whats "rr"  im seeing it quite a bit. And feel super left out

Is rr like voldemort, we cant say the full name or we'll be slaughtered? i'm a googlin. not finding this "rr"

Plus i just like DJ he reminds me of cloud guy for some reason.

Hey dj_nsk you should consider this for your Sig 😃

image.thumb.png.66e98aabcc5a72385727f921abbf17ef.png

Edited by Captainfingerbang

59 минут назад, Captainfingerbang сказал:

I'll ask the DJ since he's so friggin ACTIVE! YEAH!

Oh! Well, yes, you can ask me only here! 🤣

59 минут назад, Captainfingerbang сказал:

Is rr like voldemort, we cant say the full name or we'll be slaughtered? i'm a googlin. not finding this "rr"

A brief history of bootloaders for DSM 7 (in my understanding :) I'm sorry if I make a mistake somewhere)

TCRP by @pocopico

|

+---> ARPL by @fbelavenuto, It is no longer developing) ==> arpl-i18n renamed to ==> arpl-rr by @wjz304, due to some disagreements, the project is developing with some limitations, but it works

|

+---> M Shell for TCRP by @Peter Suh

|

+---> Arc Loader by Christian, who could not be identified on this forum (?)

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deep gratitude to all the listed authors for their hard work!

Edited by dj_nsk
  • Like 5

On 2/22/2024 at 9:03 PM, dj_nsk said:

Oh! Well, yes, you can ask me only here! 🤣

A brief history of bootloaders for DSM 7 (in my understanding :) I'm sorry if I make a mistake somewhere)

TCRP by @pocopico

|

+---> ARPL by @fbelavenuto, It is no longer developing) ==> arpl-i18n renamed to ==> arpl-rr by @wjz304, due to some disagreements, the project is developing with some limitations, but it works

|

+---> M Shell for TCRP by @Peter Suh

|

+---> Arc Loader by Christian, who could not be identified on this forum (?)

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deep gratitude to all the listed authors for their hard work!

Is there a thread for each loader here? I looked around but did not see any just Redpill.

It would be easier to follow the info for the other loaders such as Arc and M Shell.

Hello, I am looking for a specific version of the ARC loader, version 24.1.17, but on the author's Github it is only available for download from version 24.2.dev and later.

If there was anyone who has it, and would be so kind as to post a download link, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jacqlittle

On 2/25/2024 at 8:36 AM, dj_nsk said:

this thread named: "Loaders > Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)" :)

You can add new thread for others!

Wrong! ARC is an arpl fork, that developed daily, against arpl is an old, outdated, abandoned loader. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:49 PM, jacqlittle said:

Hello, I am looking for a specific version of the ARC loader, version 24.1.17, but on the author's Github it is only available for download from version 24.2.dev and later.

If there was anyone who has it, and would be so kind as to post a download link, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi! You can download all releases: https://github.com/AuxXxilium/arc/releases

On 2/26/2024 at 8:49 PM, jacqlittle said:

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Hi! You can download all releases: https://github.com/AuxXxilium/arc/releases

Not all, only since version 24.2.dev are disponible for download.

Edited by jacqlittle

10 часов назад, jacqlittle сказал:

Not all, only since version 24.2.dev are disponible for download.

Try write to USB-flash the current version of Arc, make FullUpgrade and select version which you need

3 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

Try write to USB-flash the current version of Arc, make FullUpgrade and select version which you need

I already tried that and it doesn't work, it only downloads the files that are available on Github.

20 часов назад, jacqlittle сказал:

I already tried that and it doesn't work, it only downloads the files that are available on Github.

and why do you need the old version of the bootloader? most likely, it will be easier for the developer to fix the current version than to support the old one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi. I have X10SLH-N6-ST031 (onboard INTEL x540 AT2 - 6x 10gbe) I am using ARC loader. I cannot connect 2.5g and 10g. The connection always shows gigabit. The cable is solid. When I connect the computer with a cable, I can establish a 2.5g connection. I tried 918+ - 920 - 3622xs. Can you help me?

Edited by afaroz61

23 hours ago, dj_nsk said:

and why do you need the old version of the bootloader? most likely, it will be easier for the developer to fix the current version than to support the old one.

Because it's faster to build and boot is faster too than modern versions. I asked on the author's discord and all he did was joke and say that the current versions have the same drivers, but the truth is that the versions after that are much slower. According to the videos that I have seen of the author on YouTube, I see that he always uses virtual machines, but in baremetal the story is different.