XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

10 hours ago, lmbortolotti said:

Hi guys,

Do you know if this Syno Community are reliable? 

https://github.com/syno-community/rr

They seem to be posting the most recent RR builds.

So happy to see this! I'll give the latest a try in a day or so. I've been struggling to try to get access to the 123pan share for weeks now.

Edited by CITmAn
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 1:47 AM, Gomb89 said:

Dude, you are awesome!! I turned it off and the 1823xs+ booted for the first time! Thank you! 😜😝🤪

I think it doesn't matter what model I install on a 2-disc mini-machine, but there might be an aspect I don't know about, so I'll ask. VMs and Docker will run on it. Basically, it doesn't matter what model it is? I think does not affect performance. At least, I didn't notice any difference between my Intel computers, whichever model I used.

I bought a mini nas with  nearly same board, but same AMD cpu version, so  tried to use xpeno, but get same result 2 month completely. Tried all of loaders, all of methods, set everyting in bios, disable vga, usc, pci slots, nothing counts, so  i ask about that issue everywhere, finally got that method from Thailand. After that it works immediately. I'm happy, you can use yours, cheers. 

No, model doesn't affect, cpu power counts. Better cpu will sping faster operation system. That's all! :-))  

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 10:43 AM, MichelD said:

I've had similar issues with an AMD CPU. I gave up and switched to Intel CPUs only. No more issues since then.

You're in same cate as Gomb89, so i send you same answer: 

Simply set bios to uart OFF, and then it will works like a charm.. Watch this: 

AMD CBS -> FCH common Option -> Uart Configuration Options disable uart 

15 hours ago, funymanoo said:

I have the same thing, did you find a solution?

There is too little information. Except that eth is an igc driver, nothing else is clear. I can only say: I don’t know.
But it is recommended to try to install sa6400,

I was quite involved / following ARPL from wjz304 on GitHub. I was one of the first to move towards his repo after the ARPL from fbelavenuto got abandonned.
After a 3 month trip I just found out that (apparently) his work is now under a Chinese payment-wall and removed from GitHub, sad to see that but I guess it is what it is. I'm happy to contribute financially, however the hassle of not having a Chinese phone number and only European payment methods isn't making this easy.

I've tried to look back here and there, but I have a couple of questions nevertheless:

I'm running ARPL-i18n v23.7.1 stable without issues. The DSM version is DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1. DSM DS1621+ Config

(1) What is the reason for the name change from ARPL to RR?

(2) Are there technically any differences between ARPL and RR? Or is it just a rebrand but functionally the same?

(3) When I previously updated, I just updated the loader (partition) in my VM and updated the DSM. Does it still work that way? 

This last question I specifically ask because of the different zip files regular, 4GB and update.

Thanks! Appreciate the replies.

Il y a 14 heures, Orphée a dit :

Because RR maintainer stopped public loader development.

Take caution while downloading updates from unknown / unofficial links

Totally agreed. USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION AT YOUR OWN RISK !
If you have the skills and technical resources, put your NAS in an isolated network behind a proxy and a level 7 (OSI model = application) firewall that can do Deep Packet Inspection to see if there is something suspicious, and unusual open ports, because the downloaded file could include a trojan/backdoor integrated in the loader system, repackaged in a disk image and zipped again. So it's totally pointless to use regular AV scan on the .IMG file

I need help. I don't know what happened but I can't regain access to my nas. I have a Terramaster f2-422 that had DSM 6 (Jun Loader), it worked fine if I put the extra file in the partition. I updated to arpl (DSM 7) with a loader that I don't remember (I think arc loader) in the summer and everything worked correctly. Today I went to update the loader. I have pressed the update option within the loader and apparently it has updated, but I have lost access to the NAS. I have tried to reinstall the USB with arpc from 0 and I have tried several loaders (rr, fbelavenuto loader, arc loader...) but none of them recognize the NAS on the network. Everything is installed correctly, from the menu it recognizes my network cards (it has 2), and I have access to the NAS, but when the network card starts up it keeps flashing but without being able to access the NAS. I have also tried the "Force DSM installation" option but the same thing. I have very important data on the NAS and I don't know how I can recover it.

В 29.01.2024 в 01:26, dranivil сказал:

но я не могу восстановить доступ к своему NAS

Те, кто использует ARC и arpl-i18n с валидными парами и не читающие release notes обратите внимание, в новых версиях "подстава", теперь валидный MAC не присвоится сетевой, а будет типа виртуальный (только под сервисы Synology), а сетевая будет иметь свой реальный MAC, из-за чего роутер может выдать другой адрес.

Le 28/01/2024 à 22:26, dranivil a dit :

I need help. I don't know what happened but I can't regain access to my nas. I have a Terramaster f2-422 that had DSM 6 (Jun Loader), it worked fine if I put the extra file in the partition. I updated to arpl (DSM 7) with a loader that I don't remember (I think arc loader) in the summer and everything worked correctly. Today I went to update the loader. I have pressed the update option within the loader and apparently it has updated, but I have lost access to the NAS. I have tried to reinstall the USB with arpc from 0 and I have tried several loaders (rr, fbelavenuto loader, arc loader...) but none of them recognize the NAS on the network. Everything is installed correctly, from the menu it recognizes my network cards (it has 2), and I have access to the NAS, but when the network card starts up it keeps flashing but without being able to access the NAS. I have also tried the "Force DSM installation" option but the same thing. I have very important data on the NAS and I don't know how I can recover it.

When you have this behaviour, it's probably bad setting(s) / option(s) chosen in the loader that conflict for DS model chosen, and this will bug / kernel panic the DSM (so you it won't boot and you can't acces it). Also ensure you didn't modify some BIOS settings, some are very important. Good luck !

Edited by mojojojotroi

1 hour ago, mojojojotroi said:

When you have this behaviour, it's probably bad setting(s) / option(s) chosen in the loader that conflict for DS model chosen, and this will bug / kernel panic the DSM (so you it won't boot and you can't acces it). Also ensure you didn't modify some BIOS settings, some are very important. Good luck !

On the setup screen, the arc script recognizes my original Macs (of all the network cards, I have 2 and one of them with 2 connectors).  I have checked and they are correct.  After starting the loader, the script itself tells me to access an ip x.x.x.x:5000 but that ip does not lead anywhere.  

In the BIOS I have observed everything.  Tested UEFI and Legacy.  CSM enabled and disabled.  Really everything is as I have always had it.  In fact, I saw that I had an old DSM 6 synoboot.img saved on my PC and I was able to use it and now the NAS recognizes me on the network.  It has to be something in the loader configuration... I haven't really selected any modules, only those that are selected by default.  Tested with Fake mac and real mac.

Il y a 4 heures, dranivil a dit :

On the setup screen, the arc script recognizes my original Macs (of all the network cards, I have 2 and one of them with 2 connectors).  I have checked and they are correct.  After starting the loader, the script itself tells me to access an ip x.x.x.x:5000 but that ip does not lead anywhere.  

In the BIOS I have observed everything.  Tested UEFI and Legacy.  CSM enabled and disabled.  Really everything is as I have always had it.  In fact, I saw that I had an old DSM 6 synoboot.img saved on my PC and I was able to use it and now the NAS recognizes me on the network.  It has to be something in the loader configuration... I haven't really selected any modules, only those that are selected by default.  Tested with Fake mac and real mac.

Sure it's a annoying options in the loader and/or bios. For example, my old MSI B460I won't boot correctly and stable over the time when DS920+ model is chosen. Why DS918+ it's way more smooth, but I have to be careful with real S/N, MAC, modules, etc... It's a bit long to isolate what is interfering.

Please details full specs of your hardware, loader version, settings chosen, otherwise it's difficult to guide you.

Edited by mojojojotroi

Help needed...

Since Days (Weeks) i try to revive my HP ProLiant Microserver Gen10 (AMD and Marvell 88SE9230 Raid-Controller)

It had Jun's Loader DSM 6x (as 918+ with DSM 62.23739 but i broke it, trying to upgrade with ARPL (even with RPL) but without success since weeks!..

with  DSM Im coming to the point, where the box is recognized by the synology agent but not with ARPL !..
with DSM it starts to install the System up to 58% (you know?) than it stops with "Image may be corrupt {13}"

Does anybody know or has anybody the module for the Marvell 88SE9230 Raid-Controller ? 

or can give me help to re-install it with ARPL (even DSM) ?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

my device waiting:

Loading DSM Kernel...

Booting...

root@arpl:/opt/arp#

My Device: ASRock N100DC-ITX 

I tried imges:

• tinycore-redpill.v1.0.1.0.m-shell.img
  • arpl-1.1-beta2a.img
  • rr_4GB-24.1.3.img
  • arc_4GB-24.1.29-nomodulecopy-next.img

Nas-error.jpg

Nas-error2.jpg

Edited by ilkertr

4 часа назад, ilkertr сказал:

Hi,

my device waiting:

Loading DSM Kernel...

Booting...

root@arpl:/opt/arp#

My Device: ASRock N100DC-ITX 

I tried imges:

• tinycore-redpill.v1.0.1.0.m-shell.img
  • arpl-1.1-beta2a.img
  • rr_4GB-24.1.3.img
  • arc_4GB-24.1.29-nomodulecopy-next.img

this is normal start :) try connect from other comp: 192.168.1.126:5000

Il y a 5 heures, Big_11 a dit :

Help needed...

Since Days (Weeks) i try to revive my HP ProLiant Microserver Gen10 (AMD and Marvell 88SE9230 Raid-Controller)

It had Jun's Loader DSM 6x (as 918+ with DSM 62.23739 but i broke it, trying to upgrade with ARPL (even with RPL) but without success since weeks!..

with  DSM Im coming to the point, where the box is recognized by the synology agent but not with ARPL !..
with DSM it starts to install the System up to 58% (you know?) than it stops with "Image may be corrupt {13}"

Does anybody know or has anybody the module for the Marvell 88SE9230 Raid-Controller ? 

or can give me help to re-install it with ARPL (even DSM) ?

Thank you in advance

Did you tried Rick4's trick below? 

Le 09/01/2024 à 20:37, Rick4 a dit :

Simply set bios to uart OFF, and then it will works like a charm.. Watch this: 

AMD CBS -> FCH common Option -> Uart Configuration Options disable uart 

Good luck.