XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

7 minutes ago, vista1967 said:

Thanks for your information, it doesn't work for me, I tried everything as explained on the ARC Wiki site, but it doesn't work.
I tested on 2 platforms Intel and AMD, the same network card r8168 cannot work with DS3622xs+ but it can work with DS923+ like yours, it does not work from the moment the DSM kernel is started, the same problem and I don't understand anything.
Avec RR and ARPL M-shell I have no problems.

Same problem for me with the R8111 /8168
Up to 3 months ago any loader  works fine for me but after an update on the loader and the DSM i have no sucess booting!

All my tests are on a clean disk!

I try to use old loaders too but all do like M-shell and download via git clone “updated drivers”.

As my knology of script is even poor then my english, i dont know how to get an old R8168.ko driver and put on the right folder to build the loader for me!

I will try to study this

Tnks for your time!

2 hours ago, vista1967 said:

Thanks for your information, it doesn't work for me, I tried everything as explained on the ARC Wiki site, but it doesn't work.
I tested on 2 platforms Intel and AMD, the same network card r8168 cannot work with DS3622xs+ but it can work with DS923+ like yours, it does not work from the moment the DSM kernel is started, the same problem and I don't understand anything.
Avec RR and ARPL M-shell I have no problems.

So you wrote, arc loader doesn't work, but others can boot properly? 

Realtek NIC are nightmares since begenning. On my case, the R8125B on the MSI B460I doesn't let DSM boot when plateform is DS920+, but OK with DS918+ (apparently with a screen plugged). Seems ARPL-i18n more stable in my case than ARC. Will have to test also TCRP when possible. But as there are designed a bit differently, and so many settings and parameters to cross-test, it's a bit hard to isolate and identify the troublemaker. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vista1967 said:

Today I installed the latest Arc 23.12.4a ( network card r8168 DS3622xs+) and everything works as it should, so the Loader was the problem.
My network card recognized after running the dsm kernel 😅

Hey vista, glad to hear it.
Then i try to use this new loader but my motherboard is an H61, intel 2 gen aka Bromolow and this loader wont support it (3615XS).

Even try the 3617xs but at the page to load the Pat file it stops at 56%.

On 12/5/2023 at 6:19 PM, vista1967 said:

Today I installed the latest Arc 23.12.4a ( network card r8168 DS3622xs+) and everything works as it should, so the Loader was the problem.
My network card recognized after running the dsm kernel 😅

I said everybody, switch to arc, and  forget another loaders! 

You're right! I test all loaders and compare what suits me best for my use because I'm not a big expert :)
In this way and thanks to you, I learned a lot and more or less manage quite well.
I thank them Peter Suh and pocopico because they helped me too, and the Arc loader intrigued me and annoyed me a little because it couldn't work for me, so I didn't want to give up until I failed, because it's a new experience for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sure where to start toubleshooting... all seemed to be going well, added the 10th gen cpu addon, built the looder, rebooted and lookied like it was Booting, then then seemned to hang and drop to the comman line again, but I cant do anything.

I can ping the IP, but assistant doesnt find anything.  Tried a rebuild of the loader after adding the patches too, but the same.

Im using a MSI H510 PRO WIFI itx board with a i7 10700 and 16gb ram, no HDD installed yet.

Sorry for the old fashioned screenie!

v1.1-beta2a

PXL_20231218_192441146.MP.jpg

Edited by AstroRigger

Il y a 17 heures, Gronaldo a dit :

@fbelavenuto

Wanted to test arpl-1.1-beta2a.img and created successfully a DSM 3622XS+ build 42962.

Update to build 69057 failed unfortunately, as there is no configuration for this version found?

Could not recover from this, needed to start from scratch building new loader disk.

Known issue, or any advice?

Development of this loader have stopped, so you must go to another one under development like TCRP, ARC, …

Il y a 13 heures, AstroRigger a dit :

Not to sure where to start toubleshooting... all seemed to be going well, added the 10th gen cpu addon, built the looder, rebooted and lookied like it was Booting, then then seemned to hang and drop to the comman line again, but I cant do anything.

I can ping the IP, but assistant doesnt find anything.  Tried a rebuild of the loader after adding the patches too, but the same.

Im using a MSI H510 PRO WIFI itx board with a i7 10700 and 16gb ram, no HDD installed yet.

Sorry for the old fashioned screenie!

v1.1-beta2a

PXL_20231218_192441146.MP.jpg

Same here, use another loader like ARC, TCRP, … in my case I got success with 10th Gen CPU, DS920+ for several weeks i5-10500T on MSI B460I with the abandoned ARPL-i18n 23.10.4 with the latest DSM. 
But since I tried to reboot to do a Memtest with the Synology Assistant, DSM won’t boot anymore. Will try also to go with another more stable loader. 

Edited by mojojojotroi
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AstroRigger said:

Nope, tried 3 loaders now.. all look like they are going to load.. but cursor just freezersafter DSM booting.  Ping initially works, but then stops when the boot freezes.. dont know where to go from here other than to consider proxmox, not sure of pors or cons, or perhaps unraid.

Although this is the end result with my AMD config, I tried all the models, but they all get ip, then the dsm installer drops it and freezes.

Realtek r8168 -1gig and intel igc -2.5gig ports it doesn't matter which one.

This is RR’s current status as received from a community user.
RR seems to be continuously being updated under the name BLACK SYNOLOGY NAS SYSTEM.

However, it appears that it has been converted to domestic use for Chinese people with memberships.
He is probably considering access for foreigners if membership is allowed.
https://www.123pan.com/s/56Sfjv-1d0WH.html

PASSWORD : RRRR

2023-12-218_59_54.thumb.png.d37f8af5c14690aa1789856172bd46bf.png

Rather, I think that switching to a private membership-only Chinese domestic market can free him from Synology.
In any way, I'm just happy that RR's development continues without stopping.

2023-12-219_01_37.png.3afe87f099a21fa6a61901633524f94e.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12EinJAx6O9hrjYVAqAtJWc6l5S5l4Vi9/view?usp=drive_link

2023-12-219_02_04.thumb.png.552d7e25c2a5f6bddc337fdc73df90a2.png

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Anyone having issues with Scheduled Shutdown?

Hardware and Power - Power Schedule - and create some shutdown tasks. They they appear in Task Scheduler.

However, they do not shut down the server! Any ideas please?? Do I need to do this via Script instead?

ARPL rr-23.11.7 (think it's that one) on Bare Metal. Previous versions (and 2a) worked fine.

Thanks

On 12/21/2023 at 1:15 AM, Peter Suh said:

This is RR’s current status as received from a community user.
RR seems to be continuously being updated under the name BLACK SYNOLOGY NAS SYSTEM.

Good news. Thanks for the update.  Does any one tested emmc as a system installation disk? I would like to install DSM to zimaboard? Thanks