jun

DSM 6.1.x Loader

On 7.7.2017 at 10:42 AM, blu001 said:

after the upgrade I had problems with samba shares, I was able to access public folders, but not the folders requiring authentication

I tried everything from inside DiskStation web interface, but without success, so I came up with this solution:

ssh admin@<DiskStation_ip>  ssh access to your DiskStation; you will be asked for the admin password

sudo -i  for root privileges; you will be asked for the admin password

smbpasswd -a <user>  for every DiskStation user who needs samba access to shared folders; you will be asked for a password for every user

that's all, just in case someone has the same problem

bye

I also had that problem

Looks like the /etc/samba/smbpasswd file has xxxxxxx in user and pw after upgrade

I solved it by going to dsm-> control panel->users and set new password(or the same password)

The smbpasswd file is also updated!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Update dsm 6.1.2-15132 U 1

I installed the Update on a HP MS Proliant G8 Baremetal running Juns Loader 1.02b for DS3617xs.

No reboot required.

Seems okay. (It's running about 30 mins only)

working on 1.02a and 1.02b too!

( baremetal 1.02b, esx 6.5 1.0a)

no reboot required.  after few manual restart no any issues at all!

Hi there!

I'm new to this all, and already read a lot of posts and tutorials, and I'm a bit stuck, so forgive me my newbie questions:

- what I someone whan to install newest verstion from scratch on baremetal/esxi/vmware player and so on? where is the vmdk file

- why only img files (and for the rest I need to convert)

- a lot of info, but I'm missing some simple solution: download this and this, setup this and this and you're done.

So basically, a lot of people here did working setups, why not to share ready files/vmdk's and the stuff?

Cheers,

Leszek

successfully updated from DSM 6.1.2-15132 to DSM 6.1.2-15132 Update 1  running on esxi 6.0u3

without reboot. no issues by now.

just installed 3 days ago and all clean, applied u1 which was a fast install without reboot.

so far so good

i am trying to install dsm 6.1.2 15132 - ds916+ image inside virtualbox with loader jun 1.02b. it doesn't work. i am getting the error "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. 13"

this happens when i add disks with sata controller.

checked the md5 sum of my pat file - it is correct.
my laptop cpu is haswell so it should be able for ds916+ image

if a add disks as scsi they aren't recognized

on boot i choose 3rd option "vmware" 

on virtual deployment is it necassary to change vid/pid - there is no usb stick.

i tried setting "use host I/O chache" without it i cannot see my virtual machine in the network

anyone managed to install ds916+ image in virtualbox? the serial log can be found here:

serial.log

esxi setup with latest loader can't shutdown vm. Instead vm rebooted each time with message about improper shutdown. Anyone know how to fix it?

3 minutes ago, SuperJack said:

Can we hope DSM 6.1 work on amd ?

There is already à loader for amd, see khile thread

On 7/5/2017 at 11:17 AM, Error404 said:

Yes, that's right, you understand me correctly. Mobile applications were unavailable too. SMB, Plex and others were working.

I have reinstalled DSM again and it's working about 5 hours.

2017-07-04_22-15-34.png

So anybody knows how to fix this issue? =) I guess I should to downgrade to 6.0 =(

Thank you guys!

guys running on ESX, dont you have slow SMB speeds when copying a large folder containg more then like 20-30 GB 

for me its starts at the expected speed at 110 MB/sec , but after like 20 sec, it drops to  10 kb ... and thetn stutters on 10 MB

the only way i get SMB speeds is to run on baremetal 

tried it on my older asrock device, now i have a hp micro gen 8 , same issue , also tried esx 5 and 6.5

just checked running on esxi 6.0u3 (RDM + vmware nic) and I am fine as far as i can tell

approx 20GB

2017-07-12 13_57_28-Clipboard.jpg

Edited by lunzet

On 2017-7-10 at 1:32 PM, nevusZ said:

Its working fine for me since 1 week.

I had to uncheck " hardware transcoding" in videostation so video transcoding is working

Ah, hardware transcoding is basically the only reason why to use DS916 image and not the other.

6 hours ago, nevusZ said:

i am trying to install dsm 6.1.2 15132 - ds916+ image inside virtualbox with loader jun 1.02b. it doesn't work. i am getting the error "Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. 13"

this happens when i add disks with sata controller.

checked the md5 sum of my pat file - it is correct.
my laptop cpu is haswell so it should be able for ds916+ image

if a add disks as scsi they aren't recognized

on boot i choose 3rd option "vmware" 

on virtual deployment is it necassary to change vid/pid - there is no usb stick.

i tried setting "use host I/O chache" without it i cannot see my virtual machine in the network

anyone managed to install ds916+ image in virtualbox? the serial log can be found here:

serial.log

How big is your PAT file?

I also had this problem before and was getting the error 13 notification.. But then I noticed that I had downloaded the update file and not the whole install file.

PAT update = -40 MB

PAT install = +200 MB

https://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM/

Guest codedmidn

How to convert the iso/img to esxi disk?

Thanks

realy strange, maybe i need to check it again

there were other people also that had the same issues : 

Lunzet, can you maybe make an export of your setup ?

thnx