XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

@pocopico I dont know about everyone else, buts its 1:24pm Friday in the US.....Most of my time is spent having to cancel start cancel start hoping that I will get a good connection download the pat. It was better before, but not it does it day and night no matter the time. Is there any way that the .cn link be changed the global link? I literally spend 30 to 40 minutes just trying to just get the pat file downloaded in order to just finish the build.  If there is anything that I can do different or if there are changes that I can make myself please let me know. I dont have a lot of time spend on these projects and when do have time, most of it is spent on trying to just download the pat.

33 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

I do plan on flashing it, i was having trouble with the process, but I believe I've found a suitable process that should work. Which it is on the latest dell firmware, but I will be flashing it to the LSI IT mode firmware in the future. 

This is nice guide how to flash with all required tools. 

https://techmattr.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/updated-sas-hba-crossflashing-or-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

and movie :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOcpp-GdhKo

Edited by MajkelP
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dvalin21 said:

@pocopico I dont know about everyone else, buts its 1:24pm Friday in the US.....Most of my time is spent having to cancel start cancel start hoping that I will get a good connection download the pat. It was better before, but not it does it day and night no matter the time. Is there any way that the .cn link be changed the global link? I literally spend 30 to 40 minutes just trying to just get the pat file downloaded in order to just finish the build.  If there is anything that I can do different or if there are changes that I can make myself please let me know. I dont have a lot of time spend on these projects and when do have time, most of it is spent on trying to just download the pat.

No, that is decided by the cloud providers of Syno. You can download it once at your desktop and then you can scp the pat file inside tinycore manually everytime you need it.

Either under /home/tc/redpill-load/cache directory on under /home/tc/custom-module/

I think that is what most people do

Edited by pocopico

50 minutes ago, turbo21psi said:

This is what I'm using and all my disks are showing as normal.  Could it be an issue with that specific disk perhaps?

{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0x5571",
    "vid": "0x0781",
    "sn": " ",
    "mac1": " ",
    "mac2": " ",
    "mac3": " ",
    "SataPortMap": "8",
    "netif_num": "3",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0F00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
              "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
              "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"

},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

Its didnt work. (0F00) All but one still shows null but also initialized. This is really frustrating.

Edited by Dvalin21

6 hours ago, pocopico said:

What are your current SataPortMap and DiskIdxMap settings ?

{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "SERIAL",
    "mac1": "MAC1",
    "SataPortMap": "58",
    "DiskIdxMap": "0A00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {

"internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
	      "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
	      "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"

},
  "ramdisk_copy": {
	}
}

The drive shows up in Tinycore without any issue

sda      8:0    0    1G  0 disk
|-sda1   8:1    0   48M  0 part
|-sda2   8:2    0   75M  0 part
`-sda3   8:3    0  900M  0 part /mnt/sda3
sdb      8:16   0   16G  0 disk
|-sdb1   8:17   0  2.4G  0 part
`-sdb2   8:18   0    2G  0 part
sdc      8:32   0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdc1   8:33   0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdc2   8:34   0    2G  0 part
`-sdc3   8:35   0 14.5T  0 part
sdd      8:48   0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdd1   8:49   0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdd2   8:50   0    2G  0 part
`-sdd3   8:51   0 14.5T  0 part
sde      8:64   0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sde1   8:65   0  2.4G  0 part
|-sde2   8:66   0    2G  0 part
`-sde3   8:67   0 14.5T  0 part
sdf      8:80   0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdf1   8:81   0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdf2   8:82   0    2G  0 part
`-sdf3   8:83   0 14.5T  0 part
sdg      8:96   0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdg1   8:97   0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdg2   8:98   0    2G  0 part
`-sdg3   8:99   0 14.5T  0 part
sdh      8:112  0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdh1   8:113  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdh2   8:114  0    2G  0 part
`-sdh3   8:115  0 14.5T  0 part
sdi      8:128  0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdi1   8:129  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdi2   8:130  0    2G  0 part
`-sdi3   8:131  0 14.5T  0 part
sdj      8:144  0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdj1   8:145  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdj2   8:146  0    2G  0 part
`-sdj3   8:147  0 14.5T  0 part
sdk      8:160  0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdk1   8:161  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdk2   8:162  0    2G  0 part
`-sdk3   8:163  0 14.5T  0 part
sdl      8:176  0 14.6T  0 disk
|-sdl1   8:177  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdl2   8:178  0    2G  0 part
`-sdl3   8:179  0 14.5T  0 part
sdm      8:192  0  7.3T  0 disk
|-sdm1   8:193  0  2.4G  0 part
|-sdm2   8:194  0    2G  0 part
`-sdm3   8:195  0  7.3T  0 part
zram0  252:0    0 15.7G  0 disk [SWAP]

I would like all the drives on 1 sata controller instead of splitting them up into 2.

11 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Me and you have the H310 card, how are you or what are you doing for your drives to come up as "supported" Its like at random every time i build and then access it changes.  I've looked at all the websites that have talked about satamap and diskidxmap and sasidxmap and I thought I understood, but I dont know what keeps the issue going. When it says the drives are unsupported that its not able to do secure erase or benchmarks.  My settings are satamap 8 (all embedded sata ports are off. It was the only way to get it to put the drives in order. Im also not going to be using those ports), and diskid and sasid "0".  I had it at 0 before and three out of the 4 disk showed up as being supported. Now 1 out of the 4 shows as being supported. I've changed the maxdisk to 8. So my understanding is that with the satamap, the first number you put in is the first controller. The number is the number of sata ports on that controller. Diskid is in hexdec, but it represents what drive to start at on the controller. Ex, I am only using the h310 so my diskid should  be 0 or 00(if im not mistaken its the same, someone correct me if im wrong). If were going to use the embedded sata controller, then my satamap would be 68 (embedded has 6 ports sas card has 8] and my diskid would be 00(the first drive on embedded controller) and 07 (the number of drive where the first drive of the sas card should start. So it should be satamap 68, diskid 0007. If you dont mind could you share what your user_config.json settings? (obviously not your macs). I would really appreciate it. Maybe I can get this thing working fully finally. It could help eliminate the confusion. @turbo21psi has the same card or similar so the settings would be helpful for him and I would say many others as well.  Thanks in advance.

@Dvalin21

Either disable the motherboard's internal SATA, or turn it on if you have Hot Plug or Hot Swap options.
You can reduce the stress of finding the SataportMap value. (Except Muxed, where M.2 and Sata are shared.)
I don't care about HBA and SataPortMap.
I deleted the SataportMap and DiskIdxMap items from the user_config.json file or the grub.cfg file.

Edited by Peter Suh

10 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

@Dvalin21

I download the PAT file separately to my Mac through the Synology Download Center. Then copy directly to the cache folder as follows.
Occasionally, when slow downloads of Chinese links occur, the download process to cache is SKIP.

scp  ~/Downloads/DSM_DS3622xs+_42218.pat tc@192.168.56.2:/home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42218.pat 

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pocopico said:

No, that is decided by the cloud providers of Syno. You can download it once at your desktop and then you can scp the pat file inside tinycore manually everytime you need it.

Either under /home/tc/redpill-load/cache directory on under /home/tc/custom-module/

I think that is what most people do

10 hours ago, Dvalin21 said:

Hi @Dvalin21,

With last versions of Tinycore-Redpill you can copy the pat file downloaded by you to the /home/tc/custom-module/. Futhermore it will be saved in your disk if you execute the "./rploader.sh backup now" command. Please don't use the other path (/home/tc/redpill-load/cache/) as this directory will be deleted/created with some commands. My recomendation is this: after the fist install of TCRP, at the end, copy the pat file from /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ to /home/tc/custom-module/, and execute the backup. After that every time you execute a command (including the "./rploader.sh clean ...") the pat file will the stored locally. And you can use at every new command instead of download it.

Regards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

@Dvalin21

I download the PAT file separately to my Mac through the Synology Download Center. Then copy directly to the cache folder as follows.
Occasionally, when slow downloads of Chinese links occur, the download process to cache is SKIP.

scp  ~/Downloads/DSM_DS3622xs+_42218.pat tc@192.168.56.2:/home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42218.pat 

Forget the /home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ directory and use the new /home/tc/custom-module/. Then you only need to copy it one time!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

@Dvalin21

I copy the PAT file downloaded separately from my Mac from the Synology Download Center to the cache folder as follows.

scp  ~/DownLoads/DSM_DS3622xs+_42218.pat tc@192.168.56.2:/home/tc/redpill-load/cache/ds3622xsp_42218.pat 

Thank you so much.  I did disable the embedded sata which allowed for the drives to come into order. I will remove the sata and the diskid. Should I remove Sasid as well?  I went as far as to add pci_slot 8 to see if it made a difference. (It did kinda, but I think the fact sata and diskid is messing it up). Anyway, I will remove those and do some further test. Thanks again.

• Like 1

@pocopico

So I've completely reflashed my usb to image 4.6. I go through the updates on the process of getting to 7.1 (without sudo as requested)but every time i get to postupdate, it runs up until it installs scsi stuff and it says mounting failed etc/fstab. Before today's update would be able to go ahead and use sudo to get pass this point, but now its not working at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

Anyone tried setting up a vm in VMware workstation? Should that work/ is supported?

im trying to setup a dsm 7.0.1 vm, all is good until redpill downloads the PAT file, starts unpacking it. At that point my vim basically stops responding, ping to vm’s iP stops after a minute or so. Perhaps a kernel panic in the background? I have to rest the vm every time.

My sataportmap is set to 1, diskidmap  set to 00, also tried 0A00, etc…

the vm only has two disks. 0:0 is the red pill vmdk. I added second disk at sata 1:0 for data.

any idea why it might be freezing? Thanks 

2 hours ago, alirz1 said:

Anyone tried setting up a vm in VMware workstation? Should that work/ is supported?

im trying to setup a dsm 7.0.1 vm, all is good until redpill downloads the PAT file, starts unpacking it. At that point my vim basically stops responding, ping to vm’s iP stops after a minute or so. Perhaps a kernel panic in the background? I have to rest the vm every time.

My sataportmap is set to 1, diskidmap  set to 00, also tried 0A00, etc…

the vm only has two disks. 0:0 is the red pill vmdk. I added second disk at sata 1:0 for data.

any idea why it might be freezing? Thanks 

what is the memory size ? its needs 2GB to succesfully download and process all files 

So just some info reporting. I went ahead and flashed my sas card to IT Mode. I now uses mpt3sas ext driver. Now that I've flashed it I am able to use all 4 drives still showing 1-4 (although not in the right order, but im good at the moment). If no one has said it yet, let me just say it now.  You HAVE to flash your sas to the latest firmware or at least to IT Mode in order for it to work correctly. Tomorrow I will be working on migrating data and installing apps.