XPEnology Community

DS412+ USB flash module pinout

wool

2 hours ago, SSS_Viva said:

If you have connected the USB DOM and made a copy of it, then it is working. You need to check on another power supply, check the BIOS, if you have an Intel Atom, then it may be affected by the С2000 problem.

Thank you for the tip. Power should be fine. The problem with the processor also occurred to me, but unfortunately I did not find on the Internet which pins should be. I found only instructions on the DS415+ board and it is quite different. Thanks again.

1 час назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

Thank you for the tip. Power should be fine. The problem with the processor also occurred to me, but unfortunately I did not find on the Internet which pins should be. I found only instructions on the DS415+ board and it is quite different. Thanks again.

Did you find how to connect to the terminal?

2 минуты назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

no no. Where to connect TTL I would find. But I do not know to connect the resistor to repair the processor.

Your processor doesn't seem to be affected by the C2000 problem.
Therefore, it is better to connect via TTL

4 hours ago, SSS_Viva said:

Wenn Sie das USB-DOM angeschlossen und eine Kopie davon erstellt haben, funktioniert es. Sie müssen nach einem anderen Netzteil suchen, das BIOS überprüfen, wenn Sie einen Intel Atom haben, dann ist es möglicherweise vom С2000-Problem betroffen.

no

Try rebooting with the new files first.

Either the files are on the DoM corrupted,

or the DoM is going through an aging process. Then it is possible that the connection is initially reduced to USB1.0, until at some point it no longer works at all. The last resort for a bridging time then, would be to try a thermal method and put the module in the freezer for a few hours.

Edited by DSfuchs
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

Beginnen Sie ohne Festplatten, sonst müssen wir noch mehr Dateien austauschen.

Changing the display EFI<=>Legacy.

yes i run synology without hard drives. I'll admit that I'm getting lost now. How do I switch EFI---> Legacy if nothing works?

The thought of this change was worth nothing here. I somehow still had vga on the screen, it's serial.

The TTL output seems to have incorrect communication settings.

Does the DoM run on the PC with USB2.0?
If so, I would suggest swapping more files.

Edited by DSfuchs
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

Did you set your Com Putty to:

None

XON/XOFF

yes, USB - DOM works on PC, backup worked too. I will wait for the new USB DOM to arrive from China and make a clone of the original. In the meantime, I'll try to get TTL communication working. Thank you for your patience.
Yes, the communication was set up exactly as you write, several transmission speeds were tested and tested on two PCs with the same result.

On 4/16/2023 at 2:17 PM, Bossman said:

how do i clone usb flash dome ?

where did you buy such usb dome ?

You can buy USB DOM, just do an internet search.  As DSfuchs mentioned, you will need to flash the DOM to change VID/PID to F400 to allow it to boot.  Most of the USB DOMs sold have the wrong size female socket.  You will need basic SMT soldering skills to remove the socket and replace it with a standard mini USB female socket so that it matches the one used on the Synology USB DOM.   Of course this can all be avoided by using an external USB thumb drive with correct VID/PID.

Edited by 7up_
  • Thanks 1

This is the original synology USB DOM, I am still waiting for the replacement DOM. I have ordered a DOM with a UT 165 chip, so it shouldn't be a problem to change the VID/PID. Today I will do some experiments and try to get the TTL communication working correctly. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to test DOM in another NAS device. Replacing the connector using soldering will not be a problem.