XPEnology Community

DS412+ USB flash module pinout

wool

4 минуты назад, DSfuchs сказал:

It seems to be, that the original Flash is working on it's 1st partition further on. Than it is posssible that the boot process finds the 2nd on your memory.

If you need detailed information about the image of the DS218+, I can look at mine, since I have one now.

The original physical flash is disabled, since it does not work, it is now in this state.
I would be very grateful to you if you could share the image of the original flash for DS 218+.

IMG_20230405_115616.jpg

23 минуты назад, DSfuchs сказал:

If you need detailed information about the image of the DS218+, I can look at mine, since I have one now.

I need the contents of this file, this is what it looks like from 918+, on which I managed to boot.

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_9.jpg

Edited by SSS_Viva

The first section contains the file SynoBootLoader.cfg.

I think that for 218+ these variables should have different values:

syno_hdd_detect=18,179,176,175

syno_hdd_enable=21,20,19,9

syno_hw_version=DS918+

sata_remap="0>2:1>3:2>0:3>1

I looked in the unpacked firmware, there is no file Sone.9, I don't know where to get it DS218+

SynoBootLoader.cfg

Edited by SSS_Viva

On 4/2/2023 at 6:05 PM, DSfuchs said:

Hello, I've found a shortcut for your situation in the meantime. With 7z you have seen what needs to be done. It is well known that many roads lead to Rome.

Here is the start:
1. Rename the downloaded .pat => .tar
2. Upload the new .tar to the DiskStation's general purpose share.
3. Installation of the synocli-file package from here:
https://packages.synocommunity.com/synocli-file/19/synocli-file.v19.f15047[apollolake-avoton-braswell-broadwell-broadwellnk-broadwellntbap-bromolow-cedarview-denverton-dockerx64-geminilake-grantley-purley- kvmx64-v1000-x86-x86_64%5D.spk
4. Now log into the SSH terminal and switch to root:
sudo -i
5. Then mount the internal flash to /mnt:
cd /dev
mount synoboot2 /mnt
cd /mnt
6. The newly installed package includes the Midnight commander.
Call this with mc on the command line.
7. F7 create a backup directory, let's say it says:
DSM6.412
8. Now switch to the new directory target in the right-hand window of the commander (left-right change with TAB).
9. Back to the left and use F6 to move the four files to the directory on the right.
03/18/2021 07:42 2.007 checksum.syno
03/18/2021 07:42 55 grub_cksum.syno
03/18/2021 07:41 5,859,308 rd.gz
03/18/2021 07:41 2,960,352 zImage
10. Switch right and get the new files:
Change through the directory tree to the .tar and open it with "ENTER".
Copy all four files there to the flash module (/mnt) with F5.
11. Leave mc with F10.
12. back to /root:
cd /root
13. Remove the integration from the flash module:
umount synoboot2
14. Done and reboot with:
reboot
15. Complete the migration of the DiskStation from DS412+ to DS713+ with the manual installation of the .pat (rename .tar => .pat beforehand) in the Synology Assistant.

Good course!

Huge thanks to DSfuchs would helped me to get my 11 years old DS412+ running on DSM7. Everything is fine and my NAS is now ready for another decade !

Edited by pignon
  • Like 1

I have compiled a bootloader for my DS218+.
The image of a USB flash drive from 918+ was taken as a basis.
In the first section, the SynoBootLoader.conf file was replaced, which was kindly provided to me by DSfuchs, thanks to him for this. The files on the second disk were replaced: checksum.syno, grub_cksum.syno, rd.gz, zImage, these files were used from the unpacked PAT file. The vender file contained the serial number and MAC address and their check amounts, with stickers on the motherboard.
P.S. If you do not change the VID PID of the USB flash drive on F400, when installing the operating system from a PAT file, you will receive the error "cannot install DSM, the file may be damaged."
P. S. I'm waiting for the USB DOM to burn the image on it and install it inside, as well as the CPU SR2Z9 4c / 4t .

photo_2023-04-11_21-02-48.jpg

photo_2023-04-12_11-53-45.jpg

photo_2023-04-12_11-53-52.jpg

Hello, I probably have the same problem with my DS 412+, now I have a blue LED of death. I was able to take out the USB DOM and connect it to a Windows PC and back it up. Now I have a spare USB DOM with 9 PINs and a UT165 chip on its way from China. My question is, is it possible to run Xpenology with JUN's loader from an external USB Flash memory on the DS412+? Can the DS412+ be irreversibly damaged somehow or can one always connect the correct USB DOM and save everything again? Thank you for your answers, I don't know much about this issue.

No, it can only be started from hardware reporting 0xf400/0xf400, translated from the online database i.e. Synology/Diskstation:

https://the-sz.com/products/usbid/index.php?v=0Xf400&p=0xf400&n=

If the DoM can be read, then I would overwrite the four files as described above, out of the tar from here:

https://global.synologydownload.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.4/25556/DSM_DS412%2B_25556.pat

DS412+.jpg

If no 0xf400/0xf400 hardware works => PM

Edited by DSfuchs
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, 7up_ said:

Synology USB DOM image cloned to a generic USB DOM, with female socket swapped to match, fits and boots up normally. Special thanks to DSfuchs.

1735792353_DOMs(2).thumb.jpg.ef23155a3b4c508699d8217c09d923a9.jpg

mounted.jpg

side view.jpg

how do i clone usb flash dome ?

where did you buy such usb dome ?

On 3/23/2023 at 12:44 PM, DSfuchs said:

If the internal flash is still OK, you can simply perform the file operation in an SSH terminal session on the fly. After rebooting, it is already the new model with no hardware intervention.

How flash usb boot storage via terminal sector by sector ?

You have to find USB hardware for which there is also a programming tool from the manufacturer, to set 0xf400/0xf400 IDs.
I did this.

Cloning works e.g. with this tool:

USB Image Tool 1.81
Copyright (c) 2006-2020 Alexander Beug

In the terminal I copy/backup partitions/drives with ddrescue, which becomes available on synology via the synocli-disk package.

It works like:

ddrescue "source" "target"
e.g. Partition:

ddrescue /dev/sdq1 --force /dev/sdr1

e.g. Device:

ddrescue synobootstick.img --force /dev/sdr

Edited by DSfuchs

2 hours ago, Lucky1234 said:

Hello, I probably have the same problem with my DS 412+, now I have a blue LED of death. I was able to take out the USB DOM and connect it to a Windows PC and back it up. Now I have a spare USB DOM with 9 PINs and a UT165 chip on its way from China. My question is, is it possible to run Xpenology with JUN's loader from an external USB Flash memory on the DS412+? Can the DS412+ be irreversibly damaged somehow or can one always connect the correct USB DOM and save everything again? Thank you for your answers, I don't know much about this issue.

the death light can be also bios problem, you would need to dump bios via serial and compare it with synology bios. It can be done with usb to ttl cable and hex editor

9 minutes ago, DSfuchs said:

T

In the terminal I copy/backup partitions/drives with ddrescue, which becomes available on synology via the synocli-disk package:
ddrescue /dev/sdq1 --force /dev/sdr1
ddrescue synobootstick.img --force /dev/sdr

Is it same as cloning usb flash module by getting it out from motherboard ?

8 hours ago, DSfuchs said:

Ne, lze jej spustit pouze z hardwarového hlášení 0xf400/0xf400, přeloženého z online databáze, tj. Synology/Diskstation:

https://the-sz.com/products/usbid/index.php?v=0Xf400&p=0xf400&n=

Pokud lze číst DoM, pak bych přepsal čtyři soubory, jak je popsáno výše, z tar odtud:

https://global.synologydownload.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.4/25556/DSM_DS412%2B_25556.pat

DS412+.jpg

Pokud nefunguje žádný hardware 0xf400/0xf400 => PM

Thank you for answer. I will try to copy files or connect via TTL to BIOS today

11 часов назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

If you have connected the USB DOM and made a copy of it, then it is working. You need to check on another power supply, check the BIOS, if you have an Intel Atom, then it may be affected by the С2000 problem.

Edited by SSS_Viva
  • Confused 1