XPEnology Community

DS412+ USB flash module pinout

wool

11 часов назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

Hello. Copying method of 4 files does not work. And the connection of the TTL to the console also without success, even though it is clear that communication was bound. The DS 412+ flashes blue and also flashes the LAN light, but it does not appear on the LAN network.

IMG_4910.MOV

My Putty also gave out unacceptable data, I used this program, everything is displayed correctly in it.

1 hour ago, DSfuchs said:

Synology got the tool from the manufacturer of the UT 165 chip, or rather it was produced that way.
Do you have it too?

Now I'm connected via mobile but at home I have a VID/PID changer tool downloaded from the internet with a UT165 chip, I think it was mentioned here in the posts.

• Like 1

2 часа назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

Now I'm connected via mobile but at home I have a VID/PID changer tool downloaded from the internet with a UT165 chip, I think it was mentioned here in the posts.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/9897-flash-transplant/ 

In this message there is a utility to change the VID PID, but for me, it only worked under Windows XP 32bit.

3 минуты назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

I'm reporting a little progress, I managed to do this today via Putty. You can't write in the console, only the bottom line keeps running meaningless letters and characters.

Any suggestions what to do next?

IMG_4915.MOV

1572D94D-94FE-4B9E-9F29-AC289861011B.jpeg

Remove the USB DOM.
Take any usb flash drive, deploy the resulting image from the USB DOM to it, Insert into the front USB and try to boot.

30 minutes ago, SSS_Viva said:

Remove the USB DOM.
Take any usb flash drive, deploy the resulting image from the USB DOM to it, Insert into the front USB and try to boot.

So tried with a flash drive in the front and back ports, but the result on the console is exactly the same.

30 минут назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

here is a screenshot of the file

072E6400-EF45-462A-98A2-A39994A9330A.jpeg

your NAS is configured to boot from HD0, it is possible that HD0 is a USB DOM, and from another device, it will not be possible to boot in a simple way, you have to wait for a new USB DOM.

17 minutes ago, SSS_Viva said:

your NAS is configured to boot from HD0, it is possible that HD0 is a USB DOM, and from another device, it will not be possible to boot in a simple way, you have to wait for a new USB DOM.

Good then. I'm going to take a break for a while until the new DOM arrives.
Once again, I thank you and others for the valuable advice.

The USB chipset of the DOM is irrelevant as long as you have the correct software to flash the controller.   Since you don't have your DOM yet, find a USB thumb drive drive rewrite VID/PID and use that to boot from the front USB port.  I would advise using the front port to test your DOM unless you enjoy disassembling and reassembling your NAS repeatedly.

Edited by 7up_

6 часов назад, 7up_ сказал:

The USB chipset of the DOM is irrelevant as long as you have the correct software to flash the controller.   Since you don't have your DOM yet, find a USB thumb drive drive rewrite VID/PID and use that to boot from the front USB port.  I would advise using the front port to test your DOM unless you enjoy disassembling and reassembling your NAS repeatedly.

I have not yet seen in any of the bootloaders that the search for the necessary files would occur by VID PID, either the UUID of the partition is registered in the config, or, as in this case, HD0, which will be the USB connector for the USB DOM.  In this case, there are two options, either to change the config to boot by UUID, or to solder a regular USB connector to the USB DOM connector.

Edited by SSS_Viva
  • Confused 1

I admit that I don't want to wait until DOM is delivered to me from China, it could easily be a month. I ordered this exact DOM as it was listed in the posts here, but I thought it had a UT165 chip, but it doesn't. So I'm curious if it's possible to change the PID/VID or if Synology will accept it. I'd better start looking for the C802 USB flash drive, it's no longer sold here, so I'll have to post an ad.

B1C8B75C-4AB9-48F9-946F-5B086351816A.jpeg

7 минут назад, Lucky1234 сказал:

I admit that I don't want to wait until DOM is delivered to me from China, it could easily be a month. I ordered this exact DOM as it was listed in the posts here, but I thought it had a UT165 chip, but it doesn't. So I'm curious if it's possible to change the PID/VID or if Synology will accept it. I'd better start looking for the C802 USB flash drive, it's no longer sold here, so I'll have to post an ad.

B1C8B75C-4AB9-48F9-946F-5B086351816A.jpeg

Phison String Info updater can change the appearance of VID PID. click

4 hours ago, Lucky1234 said:

Then I would be the first to respond to your ad. 😊

• Like 1