XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

11 minutes ago, Fox Mulder said:

Question: To set the panel size, I entered "TOWER_5_Bay" in the addon storagepanel settings. But I do not see 5 bay panel inside storage manager's overview.. how can I make it show 5 bays?

I don't know, there's not enough information, Unable to investigate.

Новые версии (последние) загрузчика выдают строку для команд и более ничего. Если вписать arc.sh то появляется меню. Но IP не присваивается и установка не начинается. Что с этом можно сделать?

вот такая проблема. Может есть мысли у кого? 

23 часа назад, DenisAT сказал:

Новые версии (последние) загрузчика выдают строку для команд и более ничего.

Не знаю, чего там с ARC, но у ARPL-i18n DSM 7.2.1 понимает только предпоследняя 23.9.6, а кое-какие глюки исправлены в последней 23.9.7. Качайте 23.9.7 и пытайтесь ставить.

Le 23/09/2023 à 13:54, Peter Suh a dit :

Does your enclosure not support ESATA?

There are reviews from users who have experienced data loss due to USB-type enclosures.

And storage devices attached to USB ports can confuse the USB bootloader.

When building the loader, try removing the enclosure and installing it when booting.

I think the Lauder Building may have been hindered in this regard.

This enclosure (https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003996419437.html) doesn't support eSATA, only USB 3.1 interface max 10Gb/s. Cable type C on enclosure side, type A on computer end. 

But the chipset RTL9210B supports PCIE NVMe & SATA NGFF, M.2 slot can accept B+M Key notch, making it quite universal, that's why I chosen it. In fact, that was a bad idea (at least with this paticular AliE model I bought, maybe a bad luck): I encountered several problems : read only mode, overheat, instability (disconnections), speed bandwith variations, that's with I tried to flash it with several firmware versions. Maybe the problem isn't software, but simply physical (for example: bad solderings, bad cable and no spare cable to cross-test, ...) who knows...

I wasn't using this enclosure as storage device, you misunderstood. As recognized as external device, I used it as USB bootloader, and at my first thoughts (before discovering the several issues) the most reliable as NVMe are more enduring than pendrives. 

Hi all, just installed this onto a PC , but before i start copying any data , 

i have used  flash drive for the install , is there any way to move the install ? 

i have a SSD that i would like use with in the PC! 

which would be better than the flash drive. 

Sorted now , i just reinstalled the OS again , messed around with it to figure the settings i needed , then did the reinstall on a SSD . 

but just one thing , what does? and how do  i was SSD caching ? 

would i be right in saying if im copying large  files- say-  my Movie collection to the  "NAS"  with it ,will  write  to the SSD first then over to the HDD and store them?

so i though- but trying to copy large mkv file 30+ its only copying at 110Mbps from a NVMe which is  rated  at 3500+Mbps which im guessing is the max write speed of a HDD!

Edited by syko

12 hours ago, siri_uk said:

Has anyone successfully updated to DSM 7.2.1 (69057) yet with the ARPL loader. 

Yes, with latest ARPL-i18n on two identical machines in two ways.

1. Shutdown machine, flash boot stick with latest from ARPL-i18n, build loader, reboot. Migration assistant kicks in, all good.

2. Reboot into ARPL-i18n config, update ARPL-i18n in menu, manual update to 7.2.1 via pat.

Both work fine.

Edited by Takuan

Should i update  ? just set up a PC/NAS box  with  DSM7 7.1.1 42962 only a few days go , 

if yes , any one got a link to the newer version.

and if any one doesn't mind , please explain how to update! , iv very new to this and don't know my way around yet..

35 minutes ago, siri_uk said:

Hi guys

Updated using arpl-i18n v23.9.7, had to reflash the usb stick, does the mac not spoof not in the Bootloader, I set the mac to use, the loader shows the mac I set but synology assistant shows the original mac Id of the network card

Did you read arpl-i18n 23.9.7 changelog (GitHub) ?

You should.

Le 02/10/2023 à 23:22, syko a dit :

Sorted now , i just reinstalled the OS again , messed around with it to figure the settings i needed , then did the reinstall on a SSD . 

but just one thing , what does? and how do  i was SSD caching ? 

would i be right in saying if im copying large  files- say-  my Movie collection to the  "NAS"  with it ,will  write  to the SSD first then over to the HDD and store them?

so i though- but trying to copy large mkv file 30+ its only copying at 110Mbps from a NVMe which is  rated  at 3500+Mbps which im guessing is the max write speed of a HDD!

Unfortunately, not the right topic thread to discuss that. 

You will find the way of SSD (SATA or NVMe) cache works in the different NAS models directly in Synology online documentation (or YouTube demonstrations)

• Like 1

Hello everyone!
I installed DSM 7.2.1-69057 via the arpl-i18n-23.9.7 loader on an ACEPC T11 MiniPC and it works incredibly well in terms of power and consumption!
However, I have the problem when turning off or restarting DSM...
Attached is the DMESG that I collected, I believe that you deactivate the sata USB disk earlier than necessary.

During configuration, the loader does not see the internal disk as PCI/SATA but as USB/SATA and by setting the following values:

synoinfo:
   maxdisks: "17"
   internalportcfg: "0x0000010000"

The disk is seen as internal to position no. 17. DSM installs correctly, everything works as it should.
The problem is only when shutting down or restarting.

Could I solve this by showing port 17 as port 1? How should i do?
Greetings everyone!

dmesg.txt

4 hours ago, iancilos said:

Hello everyone!
I installed DSM 7.2.1-69057 via the arpl-i18n-23.9.7 loader on an ACEPC T11 MiniPC and it works incredibly well in terms of power and consumption!
However, I have the problem when turning off or restarting DSM...
Attached is the DMESG that I collected, I believe that you deactivate the sata USB disk earlier than necessary.

During configuration, the loader does not see the internal disk as PCI/SATA but as USB/SATA and by setting the following values:

The disk is seen as internal to position no. 17. DSM installs correctly, everything works as it should.
The problem is only when shutting down or restarting.

Could I solve this by showing port 17 as port 1? How should i do?
Greetings everyone!

dmesg.txt 74.28 kB · 1 download

Yes, you can set a fixed value to block the automatic setting of disks addons

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/issues/226#issuecomment-1726628716

• Like 1

Hi jz304!
It's thanks to your guide that I managed to get to this command:

synoinfo:
    maxdisks: "17"
    internalportcfg: "0x0000010000"

How do you think I should change it?
I didn't understand if I should combine it with: Usbportcfg=0x000000000 to make it work correctly

8 hours ago, iancilos said:

嗨 jz304!
多亏了您的指南,我才设法到达了以下命令:

你认为我应该如何改变它?
我不明白我是否应该将它与:Usbportcfg=0x000000000 结合起来以使其正常工作

Yes, the three portcfg are a combination, they should add or be deleate at the same time

On 9/29/2023 at 9:36 PM, mojojojotroi said:

This enclosure (https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003996419437.html) doesn't support eSATA, only USB 3.1 interface max 10Gb/s. Cable type C on enclosure side, type A on computer end. 

But the chipset RTL9210B supports PCIE NVMe & SATA NGFF, M.2 slot can accept B+M Key notch, making it quite universal, that's why I chosen it. In fact, that was a bad idea (at least with this paticular AliE model I bought, maybe a bad luck): I encountered several problems : read only mode, overheat, instability (disconnections), speed bandwith variations, that's with I tried to flash it with several firmware versions. Maybe the problem isn't software, but simply physical (for example: bad solderings, bad cable and no spare cable to cross-test, ...) who knows...

I wasn't using this enclosure as storage device, you misunderstood. As recognized as external device, I used it as USB bootloader, and at my first thoughts (before discovering the several issues) the most reliable as NVMe are more enduring than pendrives. 

An M.2 type enclosure can be used as a bootloader.
Instead, NVMe probably won't work properly. (Did it go well?)
Syno's original boot device is MLC-based Sata DOM.
The current TCRP img file is created identically to the partition structure of this Sata DOM.

To use the enclosure as a stable bootloader:
Please use the M.2 SATA NGFF SSD shown below.
Most TLC-type SSDs are less durable than MLC, but they are much more durable than USB sticks.

DB0F4D09-0035-4187-8FF3-79D8B14C7EA9_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0e72d9df85d7269eabf28ec16e2698cd.jpeg

B6BBB675-BD15-4025-AD02-7458E71FFEB9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e400a8f3bfa4b16992889532dcf2c647.jpeg

Recently, I have been focusing on how to run SATA bootloader reliably in TCRP-Mshell.
A function to create another bootloader from an img file has been added to TCRP-Mshell as shown below.
Supports USB or SSD (M.2 type also available).

2023-10-083_53_22.png.0ba7c7665fc74ff6c03ae783886edc67.png

2023-10-079_43_02.png.ebee7c7cd192954d9e8a0f420c2057b9.png

It would be nice if ARPL had a similar function.

Please ask @wjz304 once his NIC driver is finished stabilizing.^^

Edited by Peter Suh

7 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

@Peter Suh 

A long time ago I wrote the function of backing up the boot disk to img and restoring the boot disk from img.

But due to the instability of ttyd on the web, I used DEBUG definition to block it.

backing up to other USB flash drives seems to be a good solution.

There seems to be some misunderstanding about this feature.
The purpose is not to back up and restore img.
This is to download the original 0.9.5.0 img released in my GitHub repo and re-bake a new loader.

31 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

There seems to be some misunderstanding about this feature.
The purpose is not to back up and restore img.
This is to download the original 0.9.5.0 img released in my GitHub repo and re-bake a new loader.

Would it be better as a backup? What do you think?

The software for simply writing disks on the PC side is already very rich