XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Hi guys! I did a lot of weired things with my xpenology a last couple of weeks so it kinda malfunction now in terms of weired things I did, lol. It’s still completely ok as a NAS, but it looks like I messed something up on web station, certs, docker and several other packages. Reinstall of this packages does not solve all the issues so I decided to reinstall DSM. Is it possible to do it w/o losing all my data?

The best part: I am working with it remotely right now, so my usual way (detach drives with important data, install DSM from scratch to the remain one and rebuild other 3 drives later) is unfortunately not possible right now. I can remotly login to ARPL, but have no clue what to do next. I am pretty confused and beg for Your help.

Maybe i just didnt read it or i overlooked it, but i installed arpl on a usb, i migrated my dsm 6.x to 7.1.x, this all went good. 
But do i have to go on every boot to the loader menu on http://localip:7691 to boot dsm? When i reboot, dsm doesn't start by itself, because from usb the arpl configuration menu starts.
How can i automate booting into dsm?

Edited by Bambo11

3 minutes ago, dj_nsk said:

Build bootloader and reboot to DSM from ARPL menu. Next time it will start automatically

i build bootloader, i booted into DSM, i migrated in dsm from 6.x. to 7.1.x, but after rebooting dsm it will not start automatic. it will boot into arpl configuration menu

12 minutes ago, dj_nsk said:

Build bootloader and reboot to DSM from ARPL menu. Next time it will start automatically

I found a switch in the advanced menu to toggle the behavior on boot. Either boot into configuration or boot directly into dsm. Everything works good. Thank yopu very much!

Hi all! 

I just bought a brand new Topton N1 pro nas server from geekbuying, it's a brilliand hardware sped and size, features. It has AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 6C/12T CPU, 16G DDR4 RAM, double nvme and double sata connetors, double i226V lan ports,  HDMI, DP, more USBs, SD card slot, etc etc.

Just tried install ARPL,, tried RPL i18n version, uefi and legacy boot, but no luck, after i try boot the loader, nothing happens, but on the monitor looks like everything's good.  

I am a good skilled it technician, who uses xpenology 10 years ago on many many more hardwares, so i completely known best method, and right steps. 

But i think, now the two i226V lan cards made any trouble, (tried all two, first boot working, under configuring loader working, but after boot can't visible in my LAN,  tried DR920+, DS923+, DS3222xs+, etc etc images, same result, booting, get ip, set all, reboot, and wait wait wait, nothings happened. Web browser and syno assistant doesn't find new server. 

What can i do in this case? How can check, i226V driver is on the sd card, and working after i build the loader? 

Edited by Rick4

55 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

Hi all! 

I just bought a brand new Topton N1 pro nas server from geekbuying, it's a brilliand hardware sped and size, features. It has AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 6C/12T CPU, 16G DDR4 RAM, double nvme and double sata connetors, double i226V lan ports,  HDMI, DP, more USBs, SD card slot, etc etc.

Just tried install ARPL,, tried RPL i18n version, uefi and legacy boot, but no luck, after i try boot the loader, nothing happens, but on the monitor looks like everything's good.  

I am a good skilled it technician, who uses xpenology 10 years ago on many many more hardwares, so i completely known best method, and right steps. 

But i think, now the two i226V lan cards made any trouble, (tried all two, after boot can't visible in my LAN,  tried DR920+, DS923+, DS3222xs+, etc etc images, same result, booting, get ip, set all, reboot, and wait wait wait, nothings happened. Web browser and syno assistant doesn't find new server. 

What can i do in this case? How can check, i226V driver is on the sd card, and working after i build the loader? 

Add the "console" in the "addons" and you will receive a screen terminal,

Then you can obtain information through it to determine the loading status or error message of the network card

If the screen does not enter the terminal, it is likely that the kernel has crashed. Please try switching to the LKM or switching to direct boot

18 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

Then you can obtain information through it to determine the loading status or error message of the network card

If the screen does not enter the terminal, it is likely that the kernel has crashed. Please try switching to the LKM or switching to direct boot

OKay, thanks, will try it!

37 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

OKay, thanks, will try it!

That'all, booting in order, but don't find. Another one xpenology server  working without issues within 3 meters, so I know, finding, lan,cables, routers  works good. 

IMG_20230705_193154.jpg

Edited by Rick4

Il y a 2 heures, Rick4 a dit :

Hi all! 

But i think, now the two i226V lan cards made any trouble, (tried all two, first boot working, under configuring loader working, but after boot can't visible in my LAN,  tried DR920+, DS923+, DS3222xs+, etc etc images, same result, booting, get ip, set all, reboot, and wait wait wait, nothings happened. Web browser and syno assistant doesn't find new server. 

Your problem looks like mine on the MSI MPG B460I. I always have network when configuring the loader, but not when booting DSM (success ratio should approches 1 time on 50 tries). I was thinking the R8125 was problematic, so I bought a Intel i350-T2 to plug on PCI-E port, same problem...

I'm a seasoned technician too, I've tried lots of different things, I've been using DSM since 2010, XPenology since 2014. I was so disgusted to waste so much time that I resigned myself to testing TrueNAS Scale LOL !

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mojojojotroi said:

Your problem looks like mine on the MSI MPG B460I. I always have network when configuring the loader, but not when booting DSM (success ratio should approches 1 time on 50 tries). I was thinking the R8125 was problematic, so I bought a Intel i350-T2 to plug on PCI-E port, same problem...

I'm a seasoned technician too, I've tried lots of different things, I've been using DSM since 2010, XPenology since 2014. I was so disgusted to waste so much time that I resigned myself to testing TrueNAS Scale LOL !

Thank you for your reply. I hope, i can use dsm too, i have time to get more skill, and my other server will working until i can boot with this new one. 

3 hours ago, mojojojotroi said:

What about ditching the idea of the onboard NIC(s) and getting a secondary PCIe card, known to be fully supported? I got a dual port Intel T350-T2V2 for like $45.  There are 4 port versions as well!

19 hours ago, wjz304 said:

I don't get screen terminal, idon't see more, than before. What can i do for that?