XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader (TCRP)

pocopico

11 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

[NOTICE]

How to permanently install tcz extension package on Tinycore Linux 12.0
(Firmware for the module and various utilities can be installed.
Caution, only possible if there are no dependencies for each package)

tce-load -iw [tcz extension package name]
Extension packages installed in this way are volatile and are not permanently installed.

Check the list of downloadable tcz extension packages at the link below.
(Detailed information about each expansion package can be found in Apps -> Cloud (remove) -> Browse in the TaskBar at the bottom of the TC,

and select remote extension -> Info tab.)

http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/x86_64/tcz/

Specify the desired tcz extension package name
tczpack="firmware-broadcom_bnx2x.tcz"
tcrpdev=$(mount | grep -i optional | grep cde | awk -F / '{print $3}' | uniq | cut -c 1-3)
cd /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional
sudo curl -kLO# http://tinycorelinux.net/12.x/x86_64/tcz/${tczpack}
sudo md5sum ${tczpack} > ${tczpack}.md5.txt
echo "${tczpack}" >> /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/onboot.lst
cd ~
echo "y" |./rploader.sh backup

Use the command below to re-check whether the desired processing has been performed correctly.
If this is not done correctly, TCRP may not boot as usual.

tczpack="firmware-broadcom_bnx2x.tcz"
tcrpdev=$(mount | grep -i optional | grep cde | awk -F / '{print $3}' | uniq | cut -c 1-3)
cat /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/onboot.lst | grep "${tczpack}"
ll /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional/${tczpack}*

If there is a more convenient way to use it, I will share it later.

This is a permanent installation method that takes dependencies into account.
Here's some guidance I received from the Tinycore forum admin today.

This is an example of installing gparted and required extensions together.

After installation is complete, you can use it with “sudo gparted”.

-----------------------------------------------------

tce-load -iw gparted dosfstools mtools

ce

sudo cp -f ./optional/* /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional

cat onboot.lst >> /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/onboot.lst

cd ~

echo "y" |./rploader.sh backup

[CHECK]

cat /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/onboot.lst | grep -e gparted -e dosfstools -e mtools

ll /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional/gparted*

ll /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional/dosfstools*

ll /mnt/${tcrpdev}3/cde/optional/mtools*

2023-10-1112_16_02.thumb.png.a146840fa8176fcf190baf79c8c978b2.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 6:03 PM, AlexFullmoon said:

Hello.

I.ve got a problem after upgrading RAM — half or it is shown as "reserved" in GUI and nonexistent in report by free (i.e. 2×4 Gb, free shows only 4 total). Searching got me this older advice to set "disable_mtrr_trim" in grub.cfg, but it's unclear how this applies to redpill, and in any case, where I can add it in Tinycore config. What should I do?

same problem for me

added as suggestted in special commands but after reboot still lots of ram in cache

Please help?

Hi there im ruuning rs4022 7.2.1 latest ud and almpst everything is running fine but when i look at resource monitor i see that of my 32gb of ram memory 23.8 gb resevered in cache,is there a way to make it usable for the system instead of cahce?

I know tha with juns loader you could aadjust the grub.cfg with diasble.trim.. or something but i dont know how to do that with the tcrp loader.

Is there anyone whod be willing to hellp me with this?

Broncontrole
Overzicht CPU Geheugen Netwerk Schijf Volume LUN NFS
Geheugensamenstelling
Gereserveerd
773.2 MB
Gebruikt
2.2 GB
Buffer
49.8 MB
In cache
28.7 GB
Vrij
290 MB

5 hours ago, pocopico said:

The updates are handles by tcrpfriend so in tcrpfriend repo, i will try to update the info.

super 🙏

i wasn't sure if i could update to latest version and Peter was saying yours wasn't supporting it yet...

so having that info in wiki would be quite helpful ☺️

cheers 🍻

idk if right thread, and i am sorry if this has been spoken, but: my Xeon should be running between 2.4-3.3GHz. But only shows 1.2. Does anyone know why???

BTW i used peters TCRP FRIEND (what was on my usb already) .9 something, and easily, successful upgraded to latest DSM 7.2.1 69057 BAREMETAL DS918+ So THANK YOU.

last question: Is it possible to use this HBA card with TRCP FRIEND?  LINK TO EBAY HBA CARD

p.s. Honestly, i am so confused about all the loaders out now, ARCP TCRP, TCRP FRIEND, TCRP FRIEND w/MSHELL?  I THOUGHT i had mshell?! 

So im not certain what to do because i want to reflash my usb boot drive with mshell, but its saying there is errors. Honestly i am without words about what to do with that. Like is the next loader going to be named PCRTPRTPRDNIRFPRTCPFRTPCRIDNIRFTRCPFRTPCP? Haha i used AI tp scramble all the letters of your loaders.

image.thumb.png.7b7d32cfbfe65e8f43eb43a520ba00b3.png

Edited by Captainfingerbang

On 10/21/2023 at 2:06 PM, ikkeenjij36 said:

same problem for me

added as suggestted in special commands but after reboot still lots of ram in cache

Please help?

It goes into cmdline, as variable with name disable_mtrr_trim and empty content, or, depending on your loader, as

"disable_mtrr_trim: ""

Also, if you have two RAM modules, try swapping them around. Magic, I know, but apparently it may help.

il y a 9 minutes, DomZ a dit :

Hello,

I'm using TCRP with friends 0.0.9g, and I would like to know how to update loader to the last version.

Thanks

Ok, I've found out the answer. Seems that Peter Suh has 2 differents version of loader (with friends and without friends) and I'm on last version !

And it seems that the update is done automatically on starting 😍

I would love to see all efforts done on the same loader, instead of having many differents loaders (that surely already share a lot between them). They share a lot, but right now, as far I know, we can't switch between them even if I am very satisfied with @Peter Suh work. Thanks a lot !

11 hours ago, DomZ said:

Another n00b question sorry ...

Can I change the Synology model without loosing the actual configuration ?

Right now I'm using DS923+ and I would like to give a try to DS3622+.

No configuration is lost when changing (migrating) between models.

However, it is necessary to note whether the model's original platform was Intel-based or AMD.

In cases where VMM does not work depending on the actual CPU, issues that make deep learning impossible in the DVA series have been identified.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:31 AM, boghea said:

Hi all,

I tried installing on a Dell T630 server (bare metal). While building the loader (once model, version, etc. is selected) at some point it fails with attached error.

Any advice?

Thank you.

TRCP HW Dell T630 issue.png

It looks like you had some unlucky use while I was typing while maintaining MSHELL.

After building RS4021xs+ in the latest version, we confirmed that there were no problems.

17 hours ago, Antonio92 said:

Ciao a tutti, mi servirebbe una info, ho il server in firma e vorrei aggiornare al DSM 7.2, come devo procedere?

___

Hi everyone, I need some info, I have the server under signature and I would like to update to DSM 7.2, how should I proceed?

If TCRP needs to be upgraded to a major version, the loader must be built to that version first.
pocopico's TCRP must use WEBUI.
My TCRP-Mshell needs to be built by going back to the menu where I originally built the loader.
Afterwards, you can proceed with the upgrade (migration) process as instructed by the DSM installer.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:39 AM, Peter Suh said:

If TCRP needs to be upgraded to a major version, the loader must be built to that version first.
pocopico's TCRP must use WEBUI.
My TCRP-Mshell needs to be built by going back to the menu where I originally built the loader.
Afterwards, you can proceed with the upgrade (migration) process as instructed by the DSM installer.

Non ho capito bene, devo prima aggiornare TCRP e poi procedere come un comune Synology aggiornando con il file pat?

Se è così dove poso trovare la procedura per aggiornare TCRP? Ho paura di perdere il server...

___

I didn't understand well, should I first update TCRP and then proceed as a common Synology update with the pat file?

If so, where can I find the procedure to update TCRP? I'm afraid of losing the server...

22 hours ago, Antonio92 said:

Non ho capito bene, devo prima aggiornare TCRP e poi procedere come un comune Synology aggiornando con il file pat?

Se è così dove poso trovare la procedura per aggiornare TCRP? Ho paura di perdere il server...

___

I didn't understand well, should I first update TCRP and then proceed as a common Synology update with the pat file?

If so, where can I find the procedure to update TCRP? I'm afraid of losing the server...

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, foxbat said:

Thank you but It's not working(update frum U1. ( I did not see the VM in the netork after update)

TEsted on VM.

I have updated from GUI first.

The way you handled it in the GUI is fine.

We are receiving reports that the update from 69057 U1 to 69057 U2 is smooth for some users, while other users are experiencing problems.

I will also investigate in detail what the issue is.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, foxbat said:

Thank you but It's not working(update frum U1. ( I did not see the VM in the netork after update)

TEsted on VM.

I have updated from GUI first.

Are you my TCRP-mshell user?

Or are you a TCRP user on pocopico?

The two TCRPs may have functional differences.

I tested the version update with my Mshell and found no problems.

There are changes to the patch script related to version 7.2.1.
I will leave a separate inquiry to pocopico.

2023-11-2111_23_18.thumb.png.980eb3b904cb51886f1b677eec60a118.png