jun

DSM 6.2 Loader

Recommended Posts

Currently my HP Gen8 Microserver is thinking its a DS3615xs running version DSM 6.1.5-15254 Update 1.

 

I am using Jun's loader 1.0.2b. I read about a new loader but thats not mentioning DS3615xs, but ds918. Can i use this loader and let my Gen8 think its a newer DS918 model? Anyone tried?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ilovepancakes said:

 Confirmed that Moments app and face discovery/tagging seems to work correctly for me on 3615xs image with DSM 6.2 installed as VM on ESXi 6.7u1. Intel Xeon E5-2630 v2.

Are you testing the Moments in ESXi 6.7?  Have you passthrough any Display to the vm?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mcdull said:

Mine will not tag subject "other than" Children.  Facial recognition and geotagging works.

 

Geotagging I would expect to work on any CPU since it is just reading the metadata of the image file. Confirmed subject tagging seems to be working for me. I only uploaded 18 pictures to a test DSM VM but it tagged 4 of them as selfies and 1 of them (a picture of brownies) as "dessert". Can upload more later to continue testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I have no clue on it.  The 2630v2 and 1275v2 seems to be the same generation of CPU.  My mements tagging works until the May 2018 update of the moments app, which introduced a new Intel engine for speeding up the process.  

 

Would you also share what kind of VM profile (OS Type)  you have set up? I have tried Linux (Other) 64bit and Other OS 64 bit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mcdull said:

Thanks. I have no clue on it.  The 2630v2 and 1275v2 seems to be the same generation of CPU.  My mements tagging works until the May 2018 update of the moments app, which introduced a new Intel engine for speeding up the process.  

 

Would you also share what kind of VM profile (OS Type)  you have set up? I have tried Linux (Other) 64bit and Other OS 64 bit.  

 

Weird, did you try a fresh install of Moments either on the same VM or a completely new fresh VM? I selected FreeBSD v11 64 bit. I read somewhere else on this forum FreeBSD was best to select.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, ilovepancakes said:

 

Weird, did you try a fresh install of Moments either on the same VM or a completely new fresh VM? I selected FreeBSD v11 64 bit. I read somewhere else on this forum FreeBSD was best to select.

 

Yes, I did fresh install moments and start a completely new vm as 3617xs.  Both have the same behavior.  It is too weird that a single tag works.  "Child" subject always works but not others. I will try FreeBSD v11 x64 again. 

 

 

EDIT: okay.. tested with FreeBSD profile still no go.  I even pass through the CPU intel display to the vm.

Edited by mcdull
update info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mcdull said:

 

 

Yes, I did fresh install moments and start a completely new vm as 3617xs.  Both have the same behavior.  It is too weird that a single tag works.  "Child" subject always works but not others. I will try FreeBSD v11 x64 again. 

 

 

EDIT: okay.. tested with FreeBSD profile still no go.  I even pass through the CPU intel display to the vm.

 

Hmm, that was my next thought to try regarding exposing CPU virtualization setting to Guest OS. Well there must be something that changed with the CPUs over the one year difference in age between ours, along with the update they released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcdull said:

Thanks. I have no clue on it.  The 2630v2 and 1275v2 seems to be the same generation of CPU.  My mements tagging works until the May 2018 update of the moments app, which introduced a new Intel engine for speeding up the process.  

 

Would you also share what kind of VM profile (OS Type)  you have set up? I have tried Linux (Other) 64bit and Other OS 64 bit.  

the have diffrent instructions set

 

https://ark.intel.com/products/65726/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1275-v2-8M-Cache-3-50-GHz-

https://ark.intel.com/products/75790/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2630-v2-15M-Cache-2-60-GHz-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ilovepancakes said:

 

Hmm, that was my next thought to try regarding exposing CPU virtualization setting to Guest OS. Well there must be something that changed with the CPUs over the one year difference in age between ours, along with the update they released.

Can you share your result of the following?

cat /proc/cpuinfo

 

13 hours ago, luchuma said:
1

 

Synology DS3615xs should not use E5-2630 specific instruction.   When comparing the difference between E3-1275v2 and i3 4130 used in the original Synology DS3615xs, only AVX2 is missing, and AVX2 is missing in the E5 2630v2 as well.

 

The other difference is the Integrated Video, but under ESXi environment, it should not matter if no passthrough action being taken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I got from cpuinfo

 

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 58
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 V2 @ 3.50GHz
stepping        : 9
microcode       : 0x20
cpu MHz         : 3491.367
cache size      : 8192 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm arat spec_ctrl ibpb_support fsgsbase tsc_adjust smep
bogomips        : 7018.21
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 43 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mcdull said:

Can you share your result of the following?

cat /proc/cpuinfo

  

 

Synology DS3615xs should not use E5-2630 specific instruction.   When comparing the difference between E3-1275v2 and i3 4130 used in the original Synology DS3615xs, only AVX2 is missing, and AVX2 is missing in the E5 2630v2 as well.

 

The other difference is the Integrated Video, but under ESXi environment, it should not matter if no passthrough action being taken. 

 

Where do I run that cpuinfo command?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ilovepancakes said:

 

Where do I run that cpuinfo command?

 

You will need to ssh to the synology. No root is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mcdull said:

 

You will need to ssh to the synology. No root is required.

 

That's what I thought but upon running it I get no such file or directory found, and can't cd manually to that directory either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

works with me

 

admin@synology:/$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 42
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31260L @ 2.40GHz
stepping        : 7
microcode       : 0x2e
cpu MHz         : 2393.613
cache size      : 8192 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm arat tpr_shadow vnmi ept vpid tsc_adjust
bogomips        : 4787.22
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 43 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 5:41 PM, Redbeard said:

Currently my HP Gen8 Microserver is thinking its a DS3615xs running version DSM 6.1.5-15254 Update 1.

 

I am using Jun's loader 1.0.2b. I read about a new loader but thats not mentioning DS3615xs, but ds918. Can i use this loader and let my Gen8 think its a newer DS918 model? Anyone tried?

 

 

GEN8 (CPU 1610T), 1.04b ds918, can't find IP.

 

I return to 1.03b ds3615xs, DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2, work like a charm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tracky said:

 

GEN8 (CPU 1610T), 1.04b ds918, can't find IP.

 

I return to 1.03b ds3615xs, DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2, work like a charm

 Oke thanks. Is it the same update steps as always. Saying i perform migration process using a new usb stick with 1.03b?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Works like a charm. Except the VMM. I installed a VM with minor RAM. 6,5 Gbyte RAM free. It does not start. Then I wanted to remove the VM. Does not work. Cluster Remove said there are VMs to delete...

 

Any suggestions?

 

Regards

Serpens

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kuma16830 said:

Do this loader have VM version, such as VMware or Virtual Box for testing?

 

it works for both bare metal or vm.  Using 1.04b on vm on my QNAP.  

Edited by rgarjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.