XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

On 12/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, gaitken said:

Using DS3615xs - 42661: Created bootloader using v9, get to migrate system, then this error always comes up (Failed to install DSM, Failed to install File, The file is probably corrupted)

I use correct manual install DSM pat file from Synology.

Have Acer Revo One Intel 1.7ghz cpu. with 4mb Ram.

Can anybody help please.

Are you updating from a previous version of DSM or is it a new install?

Did you try to the automatic download and what's the file called you tried to install that failed?

I am trying to upgrade my hardware and shift my drives to it. its a B660 chipset board with i5 12400 CPU. 

I used the SAME SN and mac as before (DS3622xs+) as old HW on (TCRP DSM 7.1 4661 )

It has 2 Volumes 

Volume 1 main (RAID 5  with all packages, 3 Disk)

Volume 2 (1 DISK )

I have successfully Loaded  the latest ARPL.

Issue is if I Connect Volume 2 (1 DISK to system ) . it boots ok. But if Both volumes are connected (3 + 1 disk ), I get no boot ( no IP).

I have connected Vol2 (1 Disk) to all SATA ports one-by-one to check if any port issues, but they all are ok.

Something in main Volume1 is giving boot issues. 

If i HOTPLUG the volume1 disk while DSM is running, the volume gets detected and i can assemble them, and "rapair" all packages.

I dont know, where to start to solve this issue. how can certain packages force a No BOOT?

2 hours ago, kaku said:

I am trying to upgrade my hardware and shift my drives to it. its a B660 chipset board with i5 12400 CPU. 

I used the SAME SN and mac as before (DS3622xs+) as old HW on (TCRP DSM 7.1 4661 )

It has 2 Volumes 

Volume 2 (1 DISK )

Issue is if I Connect Volume 2 (1 DISK to system ) . it boots ok. But if Both volumes are connected (3 + 1 disk ), I get no boot ( no IP).

I have connected Vol2 (1 Disk) to all SATA ports one-by-one to check if any port issues, but they all are ok.

If i HOTPLUG the volume1 disk while DSM is running, the volume gets detected and i can assemble them, and "rapair" all packages.

I dont know, where to start to solve this issue. how can certain packages force a No BOOT?

My system Acer Revo was running DS3615xs 6.1.2-15132 using Juns loader.

I installed DS361XS 7.1-42661 Using Auto Redpill V9.

I downloaded DSM 7,1-42661 update from synology site, then try manual Install.

* get to migrate system, then this error always comes up (Failed to install DSM, Failed to install File, The file is probably corrupted)

Edited by gaitken

32 minutes ago, gaitken said:

My system Acer Revo was running DS3615xs 6.1.2-15132 using Juns loader.

I installed DS361XS 7.1-42661 Using Auto Redpill V9.

I downloaded DSM 7,1-42661 update from synology site, then try manual Install.

* get to migrate system, then this error always comes up (Failed to install DSM, Failed to install File, The file is probably corrupted)

Image 15-12-2022 at 16.40.jpg

Edited by gaitken

1 hour ago, gaitken said:

Image 15-12-2022 at 16.40.jpg

Like rojoone2 said that's a small update file to a build, use one without the update. The easier way would be the let the installer get the correct one, in this case build 42962 is also supported by ARPL. You don't even have to change anything in the ARPL settings, it's patching the necessary files on boot.

463891554_autodownload.thumb.png.35deed52dd8589ee7f90cf92b57cb226.png

39 minutes ago, idaanx said:

Like rojoone2 said that's a small update file to a build, use one without the update. The easier way would be the let the installer get the correct one, in this case build 42962 is also supported by ARPL. You don't even have to change anything in the ARPL settings, it's patching the necessary files on boot.

463891554_autodownload.thumb.png.35deed52dd8589ee7f90cf92b57cb226.png

Ok so I tried to simulate what you're having. Still had an old install on a virtual machine which had 3615xs + DSM 6.1.7. Removed the jun loader and instead added ARPL, updated to the latest version inside the loader and rebooted.

Chose DS3615xs + build 42962 + new sn → build and load the loader. Waited till Synology Assistant found it as migratable and loaded the page. Got the option to keep the settings and selected auto download latest release. Took a couple of minutes but all good, so it should be possible to do this.

16 hours ago, royeiror said:

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install ARPL 1.0-beta9 using the 920+ on all build numbers ona Lenovo Thinkcentre M600 Tyiny PC with an N3010 Celeron CPU, but now I'm not being able to find it through the Synology Assistant. If I go to my IP:7681 I have access to busybox. BTW I've plugged my USB into Windows to check the log, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Did you plug in a monitor to the M600 to see what happens? I don't think you should get a full busybox on port 7681, just the menu.sh script and the loading of the first run of the loader when choosing boot loader from the menu. When you load the real loader, not the configurator, you shouldn't be able to access port 7681 any longer.

Have you tried a different model like the 3622xs or 3615xs?

Is it bad to enable all of the modules?  Will it negatively affect performance or uptime?

The reason why I ask... I had some issues with recent upgrades where USB drive stopped working.  I tried to enable relevant modules but it was getting time-consuming and ineffective.  Then I enabled all modules and everything seems to work fine now.

Is this a bad idea?

On 12/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, Orphée said:

You can't add any camera license unless you have a real SN/Mac address.

Having said this, I've been meaning to ask this question...  I DO have a valid SN/2 Mac Addr. pair from a dead DS920+.  How to you use the real SN/real MAC address', when they don't match the actual MAC address' of the installed NIC, in my case, the Intel I350-T2?

Thanks

7 hours ago, idaanx said:

Did you plug in a monitor to the M600 to see what happens? I don't think you should get a full busybox on port 7681, just the menu.sh script and the loading of the first run of the loader when choosing boot loader from the menu. When you load the real loader, not the configurator, you shouldn't be able to access port 7681 any longer.

Have you tried a different model like the 3622xs or 3615xs?

It looks like it's booting DSM, but it never becomes reachable through port 5000, I have tried basically all other models, even the flagged ones, even tried other betas, but I can't seem to get to the point where the DSM system is installed on the drive.

Do I need serial to monitor the boot process? the PC actually has a serial port. I might have to fish a serial to usb adapter.

It has 2 Volumes 
Volume 2 (1 DISK )

Ok so reinstalling DSM also didnt work. Data is intact but still volume1 disks will not let me boot if plugged in!

7 hours ago, gericb said:

Having said this, I've been meaning to ask this question...  I DO have a valid SN/2 Mac Addr. pair from a dead DS920+.  How to you use the real SN/real MAC address', when they don't match the actual MAC address' of the installed NIC, in my case, the Intel I350-T2?

Thanks

Well, I would suggest to RTFM ?

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl

9 hours ago, gericb said:

Thanks

In the ARPL menu pick Choose a serial number → Enter a serial number. Go back to main menu and pick Cmdline menu → Define a custom MAC, enter 1 of the addresses without the colons.

If you have a second NIC in your system pick Add/edit a cmdline item and name it mac2, value is the other address. In this case you also need to increase the number of interfaces from 1 to 2, go to Add/edit a cmdline item again and name it netif_num, value is 2.

Check Show user cmdline to see if it's correct what you put in, should show netif_num: 1 (or 2) and mac1: <address> (and mac2: <address>).

In the end it just spoofs your real mac address with the provided... 

7 hours ago, royeiror said:

It looks like it's booting DSM, but it never becomes reachable through port 5000, I have tried basically all other models, even the flagged ones, even tried other betas, but I can't seem to get to the point where the DSM system is installed on the drive.

Do I need serial to monitor the boot process? the PC actually has a serial port. I might have to fish a serial to usb adapter.

I don't know about serial port, just use a screen and keyboard on the M600. If there is nothing important on the disk just wipe it first before trying to install so you don't get the migratable message.

7 hours ago, royeiror said:

You will then need a REAL PL2303 Usb 2 serial adapter with a Null Modem expension cable

Edited by Orphée