XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

6 hours ago, aportnov said:

Tell me what is the switch direct boot parameter and what is the difference between LM prod and dev?

LKM (prod)uction produces less log. No real difference between dev and prod.

Direct boot is an attempt to see if the loader boots on some machines, no need to activate if ARPL works without it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aportnov said:

I noticed that DSM don't load on the beta 6 version if the reducelog and powersched addons are enabled

Try enable only "powersched". This addon was installed automatically and now I left it optional, it serves to configure the PC's RTC to start if you use the "power schedule" of DSM

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

Try to remove "reducelog" addon (rebuild the loader after)

The addon reducelog was not added to my loader. 

But when I add these addon the error message is gone.

So the error raises in my case only when the addon reducelog is not activated.

Looks like there is a bug around this new function.

4 hours ago, Dreadnought said:

The addon reducelog was not added to my loader. 

But when I add these addon the error message is gone.

So the error raises in my case only when the addon reducelog is not activated.

Looks like there is a bug around this new function.

Hi, I have the same behaviour.

Since I activated the reducelog, the error is gone. But I want to see if my drives hibernate. This was not logged before und also not with reducelog.

DS918+ on baremetal AsusJ4105-ITX.

Edited by torgo
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:43 PM, fbelavenuto said:

I'm working on it, for now you can SSH login to DSM (need to enable it in control panel) and use "arpl-reboot.sh config" command

Took me some time to find this information. Would be perfect to insert it in the readme on gitbhub.

Hey there. Looking for some guidance here.

I have previously installed dsm via redpill awhile back on another machine. 

I snagged another machine and a few drives. Was hoping to upgrade to this machine.

Lenovo H50-55

CPU: AMD A8-8600

16GB Ram

I have updated the bios and continue to have the same issue.

I am trying with newest loader.

I can fully build the loader (have tried multiple models 918 920, tried just about all of them.

I reboot

I get boot DSM

everything looks normal it gets ip (replys about 6 packets), loads kernel, booting... but this is when it quits responding to ping and never comes back.

image.png.4d40515f7e500e749dbad6534855b647.png

This is all with the on-board nic. So I pulled the tplink gig pcie card from my working redpill dsm server and same thing. I thought maybe it was some off driver or something that shits the bed while booting but I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time and thank you for the work on this wonderful loader (all involved of course)!!

Neil

4 hours ago, Neilyboy said:

I snagged another machine and a few drives. Was hoping to upgrade to this machine.

Lenovo H50-55

16GB Ram

I can fully build the loader (have tried multiple models 918 920, tried just about all of them.

I reboot

I get boot DSM

everything looks normal it gets ip (replys about 6 packets), loads kernel, booting... but this is when it quits responding to ping and never comes back.

This is all with the on-board nic. So I pulled the tplink gig pcie card from my working redpill dsm server and same thing. I thought maybe it was some off driver or something that shits the bed while booting but I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Thanks for your time and thank you for the work on this wonderful loader (all involved of course)!!

Neil

Not sure if it helps but had same issue with friends ryzen when i done this i ended up googling his motherboard finding out what earthnet adapter it used and then went to i beleve addons and added that earthnet adapter and it worked fine then hope that helps

7 hours ago, Neilyboy said:

Lenovo H50-55

16GB Ram

I reboot

I get boot DSM

Neil

On my installation the Ip address after dsm boot was the same as my desktop. That’s why I couldn’t connect. 
After changing the MAC address with arpl, it booted. Now I get another IP at arpl (..100.173) and dms (..100.175)

In boot sequence the 173 is shown. 
Works for me, but doesn’t look like it was designed 😉

If that is the case I am struggling to understand why it will not work with a known working pcie ethernet card either. 

Either way I know the on-board is a Realtek RTL8111GN.

I have located the driver pack but unsure as to how to add it as a module or add-on. If I try to download external add-on I am not sure what it is looking for it does not like a zip exe inf... 

any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Neil

/edit

after watching it closer with either on-board nic or pcie both make it into loader then obtain an ip which is listed on the screen.. then when it gets to "booting..." the physical link on eth just drops (light physically goes out).

I see it drop in my firewall (unifi controller) at this same time as well.

Edited by Neilyboy

Hi After spending the day trying to update tcrp and fail, i step on arpl.1.0-b6 and it was a breeze. Big thumb up. But i do have great issues to set the drive... The cmdline that show the sata drive : do detect/show a 60 drive total ? And my raid card it mode LSI9200 is not present/detected
 When log in dsm just half (4) of the 8 drive do show at position 65-66-67-68. If log in ssh i do see the other ssd present, but not detected by dsm.
In manual config i did try :
  maxdisks set at 12
  SataPortMap: "138"      (try also 228  or 28 )
  DiskIdxMap: "100004"   ( or 1000  or 1B00 )

With those setting or without SataPortMap/DiskIdxMap .. i got the same thing.

System is Esxi6.7 and when install Sata0:0 =arpl , Sata1:0 =hdd100gb . The sata1 was not seen anywhere and i have to add the hdd as position Sata0:1 to be able to install dsm.
 In tcrp v8.. i got all the hdd detected and present in proper slot with only:
 SataPortMap: "138" / DiskIdxMap: "100004" .
So how to limit the max drive ? or map..   thanks

Hi all! 

I use the ARPL Beta2 loader without any issues, so pls tell me, what plus functions or stability will get, if i update my loader? There's no known problem, with an  Asrock J4025 and Asrock J1900 boards works good, all functions ( scheduled power on and off also)  are OK.

Edited by Rick4

Ok so have another question sorry about this but my mate keeps messing with his system i done him he went and got 1 of these cards installed it and the system reconissed it he made all the pools up etc was running fine then all of a sudden just stopped lights all working on it he has rebooted etc and still the same here is the card he got and the pic of the system seeing it any thoughts apart from he needs to stop messing with it LOL

317322153_712804173789926_1082224995360917541_n.jpg

316978072_1146523945982090_1773584835259708188_n.jpg

I tried installing ARPL on a 32GB Kingston USB 3.0 Drive... BIOS has CSM disabled and using UEFI mode. 

I'm using the latest Beta 6 and when it boots I get:

Automated RedPill loader

arpl login: root (automatic login)

Loader disk not found!

When I'm at the command prompt after that error I type df and it says:

df: no file systems processed

What's going on?! Have you seen this before? How to fix? There were no errors during the setup. 

I'm running on a i7-3850 w/ 32GB RAM and 4 x 3TB WD Reds and booting off a Kingston 32GB USB 3.0 drive.

Help please!

2 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Hi all! 

I use the ARPL Beta2 loader without any issues, so pls tell me, what plus functions or stability will get, if i update my loader? There's no known problem, with an  Asrock J4025 and Asrock J1900 boards works good, all functions ( scheduled power on and off also)  are OK.

Same here. I'm using asrock j5040 and everything works. I'm not going to update bootloader if no problems occurred.

Hello Everyone, I have a stack of Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny PCs which I want to put into good use. 

Al of them share the same guts, Which are a Celeron N3010, GbE, 1 SATA port, 1 M2 port, various USB ports and basically that's it.

I've tried with both ARPL and TCRP, but I just can't get to the point where the Synology Assistant detects the device and proceeds to install the software, In that case I always end with the message of "Drives not found" I've tried BIOS mode, UEFI mode, flashing directly to the HDD, I know I'm missing something very basic, but I don't know what.

The DS920+ pat always gets me to being detected by the Assistant and "No Drives Detected" message.

Can anyone help me out?

Untitled.png

17 minutes ago, royeiror said:

I have a SATA HDD and no M2 device. the DS918+ is hidden with a flag, supposedly because the processor doesn't use FM3. And I haven't been able to get to the point where it's detected in Assistant with it. Giving DS3622xs+ a try ends up with a permanent BOOTING screen.

at some point the will be no update at the screen. Are you able to find your NAS here: https://finds.synology.com/ ?

3 hours ago, royeiror said:

Hello Everyone, I have a stack of Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny PCs which I want to put into good use. 

Al of them share the same guts, Which are a Celeron N3010, GbE, 1 SATA port, 1 M2 port, various USB ports and basically that's it.

I've tried with both ARPL and TCRP, but I just can't get to the point where the Synology Assistant detects the device and proceeds to install the software, In that case I always end with the message of "Drives not found" I've tried BIOS mode, UEFI mode, flashing directly to the HDD, I know I'm missing something very basic, but I don't know what.

The DS920+ pat always gets me to being detected by the Assistant and "No Drives Detected" message.

Can anyone help me out?

Untitled.png

have you tried doing hard reboot when you get that message i know i had that rebooted system and it was all working