XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Hi i hope some one can help me 

i have installed DS3622xs+ on a N40L using ARPL 

the server has started up fine but when i add my UPS Cyber power VP1200ELCD via usb it dose not see it 

checking on the synology web site the VP1200ELCD is compatible with the DS3622xs+

i have a second server running the old jun loader running DS3615xs and the UPS is picked up straight away 

i am hoping to also bring this server over to DS3622xs+ with the ARPL loader 

and would like to know how to get the UPS working 

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Hi a little help please 

a few days ago i used the i18n loader with an n40l server and to get it to work i had to go into advanced then development tools and use switch direct boot to true

i have just tried to do the same with a new usb drive after i click on development tools it loads then goes back to the previous menu but the option for switch direct boot is no longer there am i missing something? 

answered my own question i had to make the bootloader then go back into advanced and the option was there

Edited by Lestat
answer

with arpl-i18n v23.8.2
should logging into Synology Account work?? (I have correct serial number and mac addresses taken from faulty unit)

I was previously on arpl v1.1-beta2 and dsm7.1 and it worked just fine, quickconnect worked too...
updated recently to arpl-i18n and dsm7.2  but now when I go to Control Panel/Services/Synology Account I get popup

(unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or the system is busy, please try again later)

Clicking "Sign in" link has no effect.

Regards
Sebby75

On 6/6/2023 at 7:36 PM, Orphée said:

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/blob/main/files/board/arpl/overlayfs/usr/sbin/arpl-reboot.sh

# arpl-reboot.sh config

As Root from SSH or planned task scheduler.

I'm newbie and this is my first time upgrading DSM. Everything works fine but when I restart my NAS It tooks me to install .pat again and do all the configuration process. Is this scheduled task something to do with It? I assume that USB Drive has to be always connected to the NAS isnt It?

IMG_20230808_091939.jpg

Hello, thanks in advance for help..

I buy an micro computer BMAX pro, that have one 2.5" drive support + M2 Sata (non NVME)

It work really Bad... Sometime dsm start just well ! Then i reboot the system and can't acces the Synology system.

When the loader start, my DHCP see the IP server, then nothing, no Ip and not acces, nothing.

Also i see that in bios the date delayed 2hours After i boot the loader..

If you have any Idea please let me know,

Thanks again 

8 hours ago, Rusterboy77 said:

我是新手,这是我第一次升级帝斯曼。一切正常,但是当我重新启动 NAS 时,我需要再次安装 .pat 并完成所有配置过程。这个计划任务与它有关吗?我假设 USB 驱动器必须始终连接到 NAS,不是吗?

IMG_20230808_091939.jpg

They are not related, suggest trying to replace the boot device (USB flash drive)

Il y a 2 heures, malampe a dit :

Hello, thanks in advance for help..

I buy an micro computer BMAX pro, that have one 2.5" drive support + M2 Sata (non NVME)

It work really Bad... Sometime dsm start just well ! Then i reboot the system and can't acces the Synology system.

When the loader start, my DHCP see the IP server, then nothing, no Ip and not acces, nothing.

Also i see that in bios the date delayed 2hours After i boot the loader..

If you have any Idea please let me know,

Thanks again 

Édit : It Seem that its Sata issue. 

When i remove disk Synology boot well, of course i get message that no disk find but it boot all Time.

Any Idea ? Satamap ?

On 8/7/2023 at 9:13 PM, Sebby75 said:

with arpl-i18n v23.8.2
should logging into Synology Account work?? (I have correct serial number and mac addresses taken from faulty unit)

I was previously on arpl v1.1-beta2 and dsm7.1 and it worked just fine, quickconnect worked too...
updated recently to arpl-i18n and dsm7.2  but now when I go to Control Panel/Services/Synology Account I get popup

(unable to perform this operation, possibly because the network connection is unstable or the system is busy, please try again later)

Clicking "Sign in" link has no effect.

Regards
Sebby75

I have the same issue, even with a real sn and mac I cannot get quickconnect etc. to work.

Something very strange for me is happening with the installation: about a month ago I assembled my baremetal and everything quickly worked, I tried to test install 920+, 923 without problems. Then I dismantled the machine to improve cooling, formatted all the disks and now I can't install DSM from scratch no matter how hard I try. No new hardware was added. After building the bootloader and rebooting, I see how one of the network cards receives an ip address and I see this address active on the router, but there is no access to the DSM web installation through it. Nothing appears in Sinology Assistant either. Please help to guess what is wrong with it. My LAN adapter is RTL8125B (dual adapter), the drivers for it are definitely in the loader modules.