XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill loader (TCRP) - Development release 0.9

21 час назад, Peter Suh сказал:

Did you use WEBUI when building the loader?
WEBUI is known to operate as withfriend by default.
If you built the loader with a command using the console, try converting it to FRIEND by adding more withfriends as well.
FRIEND is much less likely to encounter a 58% file corruption message than the conventional method without withfriend.

Now it's like this:

3617-1.PNG

3617-2.PNG

2 часа назад, pocopico сказал:

Your cmdline is incomplete. can you cat your /mnt/tcrp/user_config.json please ? 

{
  "general": {
    "model": "DS3617xs",
    "version": "7.2.0-64570",
    "smallfixnumber": "0",
    "zimghash": "",
    "rdhash": "",
    "usb_line": "",
    "sata_line": "",
    "redpillmake": "prod",
    "friendautoupd": "true",
    "staticboot": "false",
    "hidesensitive": "false"
  },
  "ipsettings": {
    "ipset": "",
    "ipaddr": "",
    "ipgw": "",
    "ipdns": "",
    "ipproxy": ""
  },
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0x4300",
    "vid": "0x13FE",
    "sn": "1430ODN019268",
    "mac1": "001132DD8CD9",
    "mac2": "001132DD8CDA",
    "netif_num": "2",
    "SataPortMap": "6",
    "DiskIdxMap": "00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0xffff",
    "maxdisks": "16",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}
}

2 minutes ago, pLastUn said:
{
  "general": {
    "model": "DS3617xs",
    "version": "7.2.0-64570",
    "smallfixnumber": "0",
    "zimghash": "",
    "rdhash": "",
    "usb_line": "",
    "sata_line": "",
    "redpillmake": "prod",
    "friendautoupd": "true",
    "staticboot": "false",
    "hidesensitive": "false"
  },
  "ipsettings": {
    "ipset": "",
    "ipaddr": "",
    "ipgw": "",
    "ipdns": "",
    "ipproxy": ""
  },
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0x4300",
    "vid": "0x13FE",
    "sn": "1430ODN019268",
    "mac1": "001132DD8CD9",
    "mac2": "001132DD8CDA",
    "netif_num": "2",
    "SataPortMap": "6",
    "DiskIdxMap": "00"
  },
  "synoinfo": {
    "internalportcfg": "0xffff",
    "maxdisks": "16",
    "support_bde_internal_10g": "no",
    "support_disk_compatibility": "no",
    "support_memory_compatibility": "no"
  },
  "ramdisk_copy": {}
}

something is wrong, can you please try to rebuild using the latest image and HTML Builder ? 

1 час назад, pocopico сказал:

something is wrong, can you please try to rebuild using the latest image and HTML Builder ? 

Ок,

Downloaded the latest TCRP image today.
Started it up and did all the actions from the HTML.

The screenshot says "Failed to install file. File may be corrupted".

PAT file DSM_DS3617xs_42962.pat is original, downloaded from Synology website.

3617.frend.JPG

3617.screen.JPG

I have below error when trying to build latest loader and DSM

[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/disks/ds3622xsp_64570/install.sh file...  [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected 63d8722edb9c5f7cb7160bead82e2909bb977a1aad96dff74f39629fde03c3bf but computed d1f4003ea029a2f44db3c105e04f245a87e6c0d0b1685ff237d2278b55e43481

*** Process will exit ***

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, djvas335 said:

I have below error when trying to build latest loader and DSM

[#] Verifying /home/tc/redpill-load/custom/extensions/disks/ds3622xsp_64570/install.sh file...  [ERR]
[!] Checksum mismatch - expected 63d8722edb9c5f7cb7160bead82e2909bb977a1aad96dff74f39629fde03c3bf but computed d1f4003ea029a2f44db3c105e04f245a87e6c0d0b1685ff237d2278b55e43481

*** Process will exit ***

Fixed

1 hour ago, pLastUn said:

Ок,

3617.frend.JPG

3617.screen.JPG

Is this a proxmox VM ? Did you use the PAT file that you downloaded from Syno ? 

At 55% corrupted file the usb vid:pid is usually wrong and synoboot is not shimmed properly , can you check using http://yourip:7681 (root/no password) the existence of synoboot with fdisk -l ?  Also lsusb can be helpful. 

Edited by pocopico

27 минут назад, pocopico сказал:

Is this a proxmox VM ? Did you use the PAT file that you downloaded from Syno ? 

At 55% corrupted file the usb vid:pid is usually wrong and synoboot is not shimmed properly , can you check using http://yourip:7681 (root/no password) the existence of synoboot with fdisk -l ?  Also lsusb can be helpful. 

It's not a Proxmox VM, it's a hardware server, just located far away and managed via IPMI.

The DS3615xs installed and updated successfully.

How can I now add a second mac and change the sn and mac to the real ones I have?
Over ssh to edit grub.cfg on a running system?

Also, how can I change dev mode to prod and close port 7681?

It will work on the real IP.

3615.ipmi.JPG

Edited by pLastUn

@pocopico

Feedback from a mac address issue that is not affected by the user_config.json settings:

I had tried ARPL on a machine, I had customized the SN & MAC before the build of the loader. After that, the tests were not conclusive (AMD processor causing a Kernel Panic), having finished my tests, I returned to my loves: TCRP.

When rebuilding the loader, I affected an S/N & MAC of a real Syno. At startup, in Synology Assistant I see that the old mac entered !!! Verification of GRUB: everything is OK, the mac address is the one entered when building the loader. Restart and again the wrong MAC...

To solve the problem I had to flash a usb stick again with arpl, boot on it and customize the mac address.

Upon reboot to TCRP, the new mac entered ARPL appeared. Also in Synology Assistant.

Edited by renegadeBE

On 6/20/2023 at 1:18 PM, pLastUn said:

Ок,

Same here with fresh build DSM_DS3622xs+_64570.pat on esxi 6.7.

DSM_DS3622xs+_42962.pat works as expected.

Booth builds are done with same snapshot.

• 3 weeks later...

@pocopico

Using the WEBUI and tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.9.img I got a bare metal build operational. (Asus P9D-I serverboard / Xeon E3-1225v2)

However, Info Center- General page was completely empty (no info) and the USB-bootdrive was visible and accessible in File Explorer (as 3 devices)

Reverted back to tinycore-redpill-uefi.v0.9.4.8.img, used the manual SSH procedure (including updating loader) and all issues were resolved.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @pocopico,

I tried to migrate a test machine (amd 64bit platform): 7.1.1 42962U5 -> 7.2 64570.

First, used shell commands: unable to create loader. The ALX module is incompatible with the requested version.

Then I tried with the WEBUI. The process worked, the server was detected and I was able to install DSM 7.2. On reboot, the server was in recoverable mode. I applied, on reboot I launched the built-in FRIEND function to rebuild the loader. It has detected an update and has rebuilt the charger.

After that, the server rebooted, but now the server is totally not found.

If I rebuild the loader (without the minor update) it is in recovery mode again, after repair the server reboots. If I don't apply the "postupdate" procedure from the grub menu, I stay in the loop. If I apply the procedure from the GRUB menu, the server becomes invisible.

The network card LEDs are both on, the server does not boot (no disk noise at boot). It displays the usual message on the screen...

I specify that the loader was built in static mode.

An idea ?

EDIT : i use TCRP v0.9.4.9c

Edited by renegadeBE

14 minutes ago, Gronaldo said:

This indicates a hardware issue, not related to the loader. Drives should allways spin up when machine starts/boots. 

Hi,

On startup, DSM loading, causes disk access (audible). In my case, no noise is emitted. I'm thinking more of a system crash (kernel panic?).

I tried last night with the latest ARPL loader, direct boot mode.

My server is fine and as usual, emitting disk access noises at startup.

I was able to recover all the files and configurations.

Do you think the problem will ever be solved? I have a preference for TCRP.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, renegadeBE said:

Hi @pocopico,

I tried to migrate a test machine (amd 64bit platform): 7.1.1 42962U5 -> 7.2 64570.

First, used shell commands: unable to create loader. The ALX module is incompatible with the requested version.

Then I tried with the WEBUI. The process worked, the server was detected and I was able to install DSM 7.2. On reboot, the server was in recoverable mode. I applied, on reboot I launched the built-in FRIEND function to rebuild the loader. It has detected an update and has rebuilt the charger.

After that, the server rebooted, but now the server is totally not found.

If I rebuild the loader (without the minor update) it is in recovery mode again, after repair the server reboots. If I don't apply the "postupdate" procedure from the grub menu, I stay in the loop. If I apply the procedure from the GRUB menu, the server becomes invisible.

The network card LEDs are both on, the server does not boot (no disk noise at boot). It displays the usual message on the screen...

I specify that the loader was built in static mode.

An idea ?

EDIT : i use TCRP v0.9.4.9c

As in the script below I have in M-Shell for TCRP

When installing 64570, I made some adjustments so that postupdate and repair are not required.

The reason is that the VERSION file exists in the full version PAT file of the 7.2-64570-1 NanoPacked version provided by Synology.

Strangely, this file is written with U0 even though it should point to U1.

https://archive.synology.com/download/Os/DSM/7.2-64570-1-NanoPacked

As a result, there is a problem that it is incorrectly recognized as U0 during the installation process, which should be fixed as U1.

I made adjustments to rectify this.

Line 38 below is related to this.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/blob/main/all-modules/src/install.sh#L38

Edited by Peter Suh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could help. I am stuck on step 1. 

I had stable DSM6.2 system which reset so I had to start with a new USB with JUN 1.3b. Long story short, I ran in to connectivity problems reported elsewhere (with DSM 6.2.4-25556).

I have been told to update to 7.x

For this, given I have 43TB (27TB of data) in a 4 disk array, I want to be cautious with the steps.

From page 1 of this thread, I cannot find the 0.8 version loader when I go to "stable" GitHub page. All I see is the latest v0.9.4.9 version.

So my questions:

1. Where do I get the stable 0.8 version? Is 0.8 the best option?

2. I had a DS3617xs and want to migrate to DS3622xs+, so shall I go straight to DSM 7.1.0-42661?

3. Are there likely any risks to my data such as need to delete all my array in this migration process? If so, what shall I do? How can I avoid data loss?

Appreciate any and all help

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 6:47 AM, bobby1701 said:

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could help. I am stuck on step 1. 

I had stable DSM6.2 system which reset so I had to start with a new USB with JUN 1.3b. Long story short, I ran in to connectivity problems reported elsewhere (with DSM 6.2.4-25556).

I have been told to update to 7.x

For this, given I have 43TB (27TB of data) in a 4 disk array, I want to be cautious with the steps.

From page 1 of this thread, I cannot find the 0.8 version loader when I go to "stable" GitHub page. All I see is the latest v0.9.4.9 version.

So my questions:

1. Where do I get the stable 0.8 version? Is 0.8 the best option?

2. I had a DS3617xs and want to migrate to DS3622xs+, so shall I go straight to DSM 7.1.0-42661?

3. Are there likely any risks to my data such as need to delete all my array in this migration process? If so, what shall I do? How can I avoid data loss?

Appreciate any and all help

Thank you.

I did the same upgrade and created 4 videos on how to get from 6.2.3 to 7.1.1 Update 4. They are long, but that is because I was doing an upgrade on my prod system and wanted to make sure everything was correct so the first video is a test run ("prep") on the same system but with a new SSD to test the upgrade process. Good luck!

Here is the first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL91KIzNM_4&pp=ygUUdXBncmFkZSBkc20gNi4yIHRvIDc%3D

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:52 PM, cableguy said:

I did the same upgrade and created 4 videos on how to get from 6.2.3 to 7.1.1 Update 4. They are long, but that is because I was doing an upgrade on my prod system and wanted to make sure everything was correct so the first video is a test run ("prep") on the same system but with a new SSD to test the upgrade process. Good luck!

Here is the first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL91KIzNM_4&pp=ygUUdXBncmFkZSBkc20gNi4yIHRvIDc%3D

nice video.. maybe time now for me to updrade to the latest on my HP GEN8 :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 1:52 PM, cableguy said:

Hi all,

I tried this method using the video (great video) but ran into sata port mapping issues. My HDD were not getting detected.

In the end I tried this video using ARPL arpl-i18n releases

58 minutes ago, bobby1701 said:

Hi all,

I tried this method using the video (great video) but ran into sata port mapping issues. My HDD were not getting detected.

In the end I tried this video using ARPL arpl-i18n releases

This video guides the installation of the original ARPL by @fbelavenuto, which has discontinued development.

Currently, ARPL-i18n, a fork of this repo, includes all the latest features.

All installation processes in the video are the same, but it is recommended to use the actual link below.

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/releases

Edited by Peter Suh

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2023 at 11:36 AM, Peter Suh said:

This video guides the installation of the original ARPL by @fbelavenuto, which has discontinued development.

Currently, ARPL-i18n, a fork of this repo, includes all the latest features.

All installation processes in the video are the same, but it is recommended to use the actual link below.

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/releases

Thanks you Peter.

Currently I am running arpl-i18n-23.9.7.img and it has been running well for a month.

So, should I update to the latest?

How often should one update?

Thanks