XPEnology Community

RedPill TinyCore Loader Installation Guide for DSM 7.1 BareMetal

Peter Suh

2 minutes ago, wifi75 said:

i ran the command ./my.sh DS1621 + postupdate now it is always in loop i mean it always asks me to restore

Please restore at least once first.
After that you should use postupdate .
The postupdate process should ask if you want to use update 3 or 4.
If you are asked if you want to use update 0, you have recovered incorrectly.

peter I realize I'm driving you crazy and I'm sorry right away. Excuse me!
Unfortunately I still don't understand. what am I wrong and what should I restore.

I tried to restore, as soon as it restarted from the menu I chose tinycore and from there I ran sudo ./my.sh DS1621 + postupdate.
Is this what I was supposed to do?

Edited by wifi75

2 minutes ago, wifi75 said:

peter I realize I'm driving you crazy and I'm sorry right away. Excuse me!
Unfortunately I still don't understand. what am I wrong and what should I restore.

By the way, do you really need this complex Jot Mode?
Jot Mode is only recommended for use in special circumstances.
Normal users seem to prefer Jun Mode.
Why not switch to Jun Mode right now?

8 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

By the way, do you really need this complex Jot Mode?
Jot Mode is only recommended for use in special circumstances.
Normal users seem to prefer Jun Mode.
Why not switch to Jun Mode right now?

even if not well understood the differences between M and jun, I follow your advice and reinstall everything ..
then I run the command ./my.sh DS1621+ J 

Edited by wifi75

6 minutes ago, wifi75 said:

even if not well understood the differences between M and jun, I follow your advice and reinstall everything ..
then I run the command ./my.sh DS1621 + J and stop-

There may be a misunderstanding that my Jun mode has stopped.
./my.sh DS1621+J

The difference between Jot Mode and Jun Mode in bare metal is the timing of IP appearance.
Jot Mode responds quickly, but
In Jun Mode, you have to wait about 3 minutes or more for the IP to appear.
I don't know if there is any misunderstanding in this part, so I recommend you try it again.

1 minute ago, wifi75 said:

I discovered the problem!
the files I was using my.sh were corrupt
I downloaded the full sa package here wget https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tinycore-redpill/raw/main/my.sh.gz
after running the postupdate everything worked!
Now I have update 4!

Thank you so much PEter and sorry again

It seems that not all problems are solved yet.
Consider this question of mine.

14 minutes ago, Mentat said:

Well, using the official pat file, now I've managed to install DSM 7.1 and keep all my files intact!

Now I have broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661 with update 1

Can I go to a newer version?

You didn't say which redpill loader you're using, but I'll assume you're using TCRP when you ask this post.
Recently, ARPL has also been widely used.

If you're sure it's Jun's Mod and not Jot Mod, you can update to the latest DSM version.

Jun's Mod can be checked in the following GNU GRUB.

547855466_2022-07-0810_55_42.thumb.png.49e2471a7bec670a18b92a0f378ea194.png

Edited by Peter Suh

19 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

You didn't say which redpill loader you're using, but I'll assume you're using TCRP when you ask this post.
Recently, ARPL has also been widely used.

If you're sure it's Jun's Mod and not Jot Mod, you can update to the latest DSM version.

Jun's Mod can be checked in the following GNU GRUB.

Yes, I have TCRP.
from what I see, I must use Jun's Mod for DSM 7.1.1-42962.

I there a tutorial for this Mod? 
Is chaos on the board, please link.

1 hour ago, Mentat said:

Yes, I have TCRP.
from what I see, I must use Jun's Mod for DSM 7.1.1-42962.

I there a tutorial for this Mod? 
Is chaos on the board, please link.

as a thought do you *need* this update or *want* it because its the latest? I checked the release notes and in my home setup, (not exposed to the internet, not using many of the features updated or at risk of the vulns) I'm sticking with 42661 until there is a 'stable' build tool. Less stressful :)

hey noob here wending if someone can help me out. i getting running into problems with satamapping.

if i try to use for 6 or 5 its saying that I'm mapping bad parts, don't really know what i mean to have a bad port, also when i use 4 it works fine be after a boot up and try to load the oat file its saying that there's no drives installed. please and thanks!

image.thumb.png.5f5995060fe1c217de30602d61e99afd.png

hey noob here wending if someone can help me out. i getting running into problems with satamapping.
if i try to use for 6 or 5 its saying that I'm mapping bad parts, don't really know what i mean to have a bad port, also when i use 4 it works fine be after a boot up and try to load the oat file its saying that there's no drives installed. please and thanks!
image.thumb.png.5f5995060fe1c217de30602d61e99afd.png
Check the sata hotplug settings and terminal for mounted drives, loaded modules, see install tutorial

Sent from my NOTE 20 using Tapatalk

should hotplug be enabled or disabled ?
i also have an option that says external sata enable/disabled 
As the tutorial says 'enable hotplug' as for esata, I would disable, that option can alter how drives are recognised, run satamap again as it might change and also rebuild to make sure config values are saved. Check terminal for mounted drives as per troubleshooting advice in the tutorial.

2 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

As the tutorial says 'enable hotplug' as for esata, I would disable, that option can alter how drives are recognised, run satamap again as it might change and also rebuild to make sure config values are saved. Check terminal for mounted drives as per troubleshooting advice in the tutorial.

seems only 3 of the 5 drives are showing up image.thumb.png.055c678461a8e2b1a6e898b29bb2ab86.png

seems only 3 of the 5 drives are showing up image.thumb.png.055c678461a8e2b1a6e898b29bb2ab86.png

As in the example below, it can be helpful to solve the problem if your hardware specifications and the redfill model you are building have to be disclosed first.
This is because hotswap is useful for each mobo to determine whether it corresponds to muxed sataport by looking at the manufacturer's manual and comparing it with other users' cases so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As in the example below, it can be helpful to solve the problem if your hardware specifications and the redfill model you are building have to be disclosed first.
This is because hotswap is useful for each mobo to determine whether it corresponds to muxed sataport by looking at the manufacturer's manual and comparing it with other users' cases so far.

My hardware
Desktop pc fujitsu
M/B; eprimo e520 16 Gb ddr ram
cpu intel I5.4590
2 ssd 512Mb
1 disk 4 Tb
NIC: Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V and PCI 4X Intel I-350