Polanskiman

Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.1.x (Jun's loader)

1 hour ago, Dfds said:

@ToTaLReFuSeD In order for people to help you please post what hardware you're using & current DSM version / boot loader.

Oh god. the hardware is a Intel CPU 4 core 3.2 ghz and it has 8GB RAM

the DSM version is the last before the me version 6. i an not remember what it is, i can not see it anymore atm. but i have disabled long time ago the auto update

because the warning is that u do not upgrade t DSM 6.

the NAS will not even connection, i can no enter by putty (ssh), is there way to get a console on my screen at the monitor that i have connected? to see what happend?

if i have no connection anymore i think i need to put my harddisk on an linux machine, where i hope can mount the disk to extract my data.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, ToTaLReFuSeD said:

Hello Folks!!

HELP HELP im running all ready a long time this boot. and works so great!!!

now i was yesterday on the NAS and was wanted to give it a restart after 90 days be online, so i give the NAS the command Restart.

and i was waiting and waiting... and it can not back online. i was thinking that i maby did take Shutdown by accadent.

so when i get home that day i was looking and hte NAS was on... i tought ******* what is that.. so i hooked a monitor to it and saw the screen below.

i tought huh?? so i forced to put the power off... and restart the machine... and i see de bios boot screen adn the diskdrives are all loaded correctly with out problems

and i see the boot start from the Jun's bootloader and see the screen below again... but my NAS seems to be dead some how.. i have no access anymore...

Does someone can help me out? is there a recover mode to start in? or can i do someting at the machine to check drives or someting??

I hope i can get it back to live again so i can connect trought the webbrowser again.

and is it maby a good idea to upgrade to new 6.1 version.. yes i know i have to start with fresh installation so i need to get it back running so i can copy my data out.

Please Help requested :)

Best Regards,

Mark

59b7b67a7da5f_ScreenShot2017-09-12at5_25_20PM.jpg.94aada36cdc3023f6ef96ee5afa73292.jpg

That screenshot seems to indicate the loader is booting properly. Did you check on your router that the box is being assigned an IP address?

Updated my AMD based N54L from 5.2 to 6.1.7 upd3, after hesitating for years

All went good without any problem.

So big thanks to all involved

Updated Asrock Q2900-itx SOC successfully from 5.2.5944 to 6.1.7 using this tutorial and the 4.8 extra.lzma.  Thanks.

Successfully updated my N54L to 6.1.4-15217  tonight following this guide.  My first attempt failed after the first reboot after uploading the .PAT file.  I chose 'migration' and I think this is what ballsed it up for me.  I rolled back to 5.2  using the clean install option  (the loader knew I was previously on 6.1.4 so migration was not an option) and to my relief my volumes were still intact.  I then restored my config from backup and was back in business.

On my 2nd attempt I chose the clean install rather than a migration and this time it worked a treat and the NAS came back up and I was able to restore the config again.

If it is any help to N54l owners, you can see the built in NIC briefly turn off for maybe 2 secs during the boot stage (unlike XPEnoBoot you dont see the drivers load onscreen) and after another 20-30secs the NAS was pingable.

When it failed the first time, I didn't see the NIC turn off during boot.