XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

4 hours ago, pedalman said:

I did a fresh install. However, my SSD isn't recogniszed in DSM. I got 3 SATA drives port 1, 2 and 3. The SSD is on port 5.

In RR I choose to use active ports. Well, what have I to choose or do to add my SSD also to DSM?

"3 SATA drives port",  "SSD is on port 5",  I don't quite understand

Edited by wjz304
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, wjz304 said:

I am on version 23.6.4. I saw the video but there is no "Local Upload" option to select files in the "Update Menu". How do I apply the update.zip file to my install manually? When I try to update, it tries to download 23.11.8 but fails, saying not compatible

So I unzipped the update.zip file. There is update-check.sh and some other files. Do I just replace the files as specified in update-list.yml and then run the update-check.sh file?

Edited by Jseinfeld

20 minutes ago, Jseinfeld said:

I am on version 23.6.4. I saw the video but there is no "Local Upload" option to select files in the "Update Menu". How do I apply the update.zip file to my install manually? When I try to update, it tries to download 23.11.8 but fails, saying not compatible

So I unzipped the update.zip file. There is update-check.sh and some other files. Do I just replace the files as specified in update-list.yml and then run the update-check.sh file?

The current update-check.sh has two functions,

1. Check whether the environment matches the new version,
2. Modify the changes.

It is not recommended to upgrade from i18n to RR due to many factors.

If you have not done a lot of configuration for booting and the DSM is the latest version, rewriting the bootloader disk and trying to restore booting will not affect the dsm system.

For security reasons, you can also back up the current USB flash drive first, or try changing the USB flash drive.

Because I am just one person, I often cannot think carefully. If the version span is too large, it may be more likely to be incompatible. This is one of the reasons why it is not recommended to directly upgrade from arpl-i18n to RR.

• Like 1

Just now, wjz304 said:

The current update-check.sh has two functions,

1. Check whether the environment matches the new version,
2. Modify the changes.

It is not recommended to upgrade from i18n to RR due to many factors.

If you have not done a lot of configuration for booting and the DSM is the latest version, rewriting the bootloader disk and trying to restore booting will not affect the dsm system.

For security reasons, you can also back up the current USB flash drive first, or try changing the USB flash drive.

Because I am just one person, I often cannot think carefully. If the version span is too large, it may be more likely to be incompatible. This is one of the reasons why it is not recommended to directly upgrade from arpl-i18n to RR.

Thanks, currently on DSM 7.2-64570 Update 3 and on i8n 23.6.4.

I am using basic standard i8n config. No extra modules, no nothing. Very simple home system.

If I create new disk, how to restore booting of DSM system?

First of all, thanks a trillion times for this. I've been planning, for years, to upgrade my DSM 6.1.7 (Update 3) to the 7.x world, but I've read so many tragic stories, so I waited.

I've installed RedPill in a new USB thumb drive (this is important, as I was facing the "Failed to install. Probably corrupt" message on 57% of the installation over and over again). I've installed the recommended version (DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 6) during the installation process.

Another thing that helped was to select DS3622xs+... I was trying to install DS3617xs (error on 57%) or DS3615xs (not even loaded).

Last, but not least, one interesting option is to install the console Add-on. This allowed me to log into command line Synology and look at the logs, which gave me good insights on errors and issues.

In time: I did not upgrade my NAS. I've installed RedPill in another thumb drive, with a separate set of hard drives, and I'm migrating the data from one to another (I'm old school).

@wjz304 I have a CPU soft lock up freezing my whole proxmox setup when I try to reboot my DVA3221 VM just when it tries to reset/restart the VM.

Does latest release with fix to "acpid" fix this issue ?

I don't know from when it happened first, but it is not too old...

It does not seems to happen when I'm in the loader menu and I reboot the VM.

9 hours ago, Orphée said:

@wjz304 I have a CPU soft lock up freezing my whole proxmox setup when I try to reboot my DVA3221 VM just when it tries to reset/restart the VM.

Does latest release with fix to "acpid" fix this issue ?

I don't know from when it happened first, but it is not too old...

It does not seems to happen when I'm in the loader menu and I reboot the VM.

> Does latest release with fix to "acpid" fix this issue ?

They should have nothing to do with each other,
This modification is mainly related to power events.

I've installed RedPill using a new USB thumb drive on a B560 machine with i3-10100T cpu. I've installed the recommended version of DSM 7.2.1 by default. 

Everything works great except the DSM is VERY SLOW to boot and shut down, compared to my old DSM 6.1.7. It is also slow to install new packages. 

Is there anything that I did wrong? Any particular model shall I use?

5 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

Sorry, everyone,

Because I was accused of not disclosing all driver source codes, I decided to withdraw from this circle.

Who made such absurd accusations?
wjz304, I hope you are not offended by those words.
The effort so far has been such a waste.
Is it too hard to change your mind?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, wjz304 said:

미안해요 여러분

모든 드라이버 소스 코드를 공개하지 않았다는 비난을 받았기 때문에 이 서클에서 탈퇴하기로 결정했습니다.

Don't pay too much attention to what they say
It's a fantastic project and it's helping a lot of people.
I hope you change your mind.

• Like 5