XPEnology Community

TinyCore RedPill Loader Build Support Tool ( M-Shell )

Peter Suh

7 minutes ago, shibby said:

@Peter Suh i have another problem on DS3622xs+, this time is my 10GbE netcard - tn40xx driver. Fresh instalation using M-Shell and card is not detected - dmesg shows only:

but if i unload this module (modprobe -r tn40xx) and download this module

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/blob/main/broadwellnk-4.4.302/tn40xx.ko

and load (insmod <file> then card is shows up

How can i include correct driver to TCRP?

In fact, starting from v1.54, we started using wjz304's aprl-i18n module by copying it. ( wjz304's lastest arpl-modules (23.9.0) )

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/releases

Among them, only mpt3sas.ko had a history of providing v1.55, compiled by me, to vodka2014.
We will now create v1.56 and re-organize the tn40xx module that had issues.
Please wait a moment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shibby said:

i checked https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/tcrp-modules/blob/main/all-modules/releases/broadwellnk-4.4.302.tgz and this archive doesn`t include tn40xx module

//edit, ah now i have read your previous post :)

I am currently looking into the reason why there is no module for ApolloLake and are trying to upgrade the version if possible.
It may take some time.
Please wait until it compiles again.

Hi @Peter Suh

I will do some checking on my system for the Storage Boot Option in a few hours again for you. 

Is there anything else i need to do or change in the loader and see what happens.  I take it make some changes and Press J and see if the disks load based again. I will rebuild my loader as well again to be 100% sure on all of this. 

There is any chance "IF you have uploaded to the latest version of mpt3sas downgrade it as per https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/issues/199 and see if this solves my issues at all if you have time please.

Thanks again

Edited by Vodka2014

Hi @Peter Suh @wjz304

So something interesting now. I rebuilt the Loader and use the settings of only "SasIdxMap": "0" and let all else blank.

Rebooted pressed J and then it asked me to install, I added the .pat got an error then it asked me to recover. So i did and rebooted.

Now i am back in my NAS BUT the SAS Disk is now showing as Crashed when it was working and it is an brand new disk so i am not sure what is going on.

Also the Disks Serial Numbers and Firmware are showing as on now when before it was not.

I wonder if the 16TB Exos Seagate SAS Drives have issues with DSM.

Should i rebuild again with an SAS Disk or rather just go with SATA as now my Storage Pool is Degraded. 

Edited by Vodka2014

2 hours ago, Optiplex_Fan said:

No, I ended up starting over with Arc Loader

Recently, DS918+ (ApolloLake) has had the following HBA improvements.

ARPL-i18n was improved by informing wjz304 directly, but I am not sure about ARC.
Of course, it is also applied to M-SHELL for TCRP.

The loader must be rebuilt to the latest version.

Edited by Peter Suh

47 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

Hi @Peter Suh

Should i try and move to DS918+ or just stay where i am and wait for the module to get fixed ?

Thanks

To be honest, I have no experience with SAS type disks at all.

Recently, I had an acquaintance who was giving away used SAS type disks for free, but I missed the opportunity.

Unless I test it myself with a SAS type disk, I don't think I can provide any guidance or make any guarantees.

I hope you understand.

Edited by Peter Suh

48 minutes ago, Vodka2014 said:

Hi @Peter Suh

Should i try and move to DS918+ or just stay where i am and wait for the module to get fixed ?

Thanks

By chance, I found a place where I could buy it cheaply.

I think a used Dell 1TB SAS disk is less than $8.

I am planning to purchase at least two and test them.

It will likely take some time to purchase and receive delivery.

What data cable do you use for SAS?

9 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

By chance, I found a place where I could buy it cheaply.

I think a used Dell 1TB SAS disk is less than $8.

I am planning to purchase at least two and test them.

It will likely take some time to purchase and receive delivery.

What data cable do you use for SAS?

Thanks again for all the help and support with everything I really appreciate everything. 

My Card is an SFF-8087 to mini SAS 36 to 4 SATA Cables I got mine on ebay 

Hi @Peter Suh

UPDATE:

So I have I found the issue I think. It might be down to hardware. 

HBA's - LSI-9211-4i & HP H220 8 Port.

Tests:

HBA & SATA Disks = Working

HBA & SATA + SAS Disks = Rebuild Array / On reboot Broken

HBA & SATA + SAS Disks =Disk Crashed - Added New SAS - Working BUT Did not Rebuild

SATA - Back to Onboard = Working - DSM Re-Install & All Data There

Test 2:

HBA + SAS Disks - Working - This is on newer hardware.

So yes this seems to be a hardware limitation and anything that is to old will not work it seems with the newer SAS Disks i might need to try and get 6GB/s ones but not sure might just stick with SATA to be safe since this is working on all builds so far.

This is just my view.

Thanks again

• Like 1

i am mixing SATA and SAS disks on HBA (PERC H310 ITmode) without any issue - i have 4x baremetal with H310 IT mode

On latest one:

obraz.png.5fa3184342ef654a9744714fd832cbfa.png

bays from 2 to 7 are connecter to SATA ports on Motherboard and from 8 to 15 to HBA and 2 of them are SAS drives

obraz.png.e7cbf74b06f5c103e1fc06123d11135e.png

From all 10 drives i created one Pool/volume and works fine

• Thanks 1

[NOTICE]

TCRP FRIEND v0.0.9 There was a problem updating the kernel.

The information applied to today's v0.0.9 version is when there are two or more LAN ports.

If I wasn't looking for eth0, which is the first port, I didn't try other ports.

Improved the function to scan all remaining ports.

However, a problem was found in the part where it was applied, so the patch was patched again.

Among those using version v0.0.9, which was applied 5 hours ago, repeated attempts are made to two or more ports as shown below.

I will share how you can take action on the update.

This does not apply to those who only have one LAN port. This only applies to those who have 2 or more LAN ports and 2 or more LAN cables connected.

2023-09-236_39_02.thumb.png.fa7ccc22b4c5375d69ec45813588cb6a.png

As shown in the screen above, there are several IP scan attempts on the red line, and in this situation, automatic download of the version patched 1 hour ago is not possible.

The solution is to temporarily remove all LAN ports, leaving only one, and reboot the loader.

The loader will boot normally as usual, so you will be able to log in to DSM without any problems.

After rebooting, the modified v0.0.9 will be automatically downloaded through only one LAN port.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by releasing this product without sufficient testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, apriliars3 said:

Is it neccessary update loader with new image or burn new usb? Or is it possible update with commands like trcp the menu?

Distribution of TCRP 7.2.1-69057 revision has been completed.

When you enter the TCRP Loader Build menu, the latest version will be automatically updated.

you will see a new menu for 7.2.1-69057.

Please build using only this new menu.

Building the loader should take priority over installing the pat file from the control panel of previous versions of DSM.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3