XPEnology Community

U-NAS 800 With ASROCK C2750D4I

Moogs

I was using a Fractal 304 case with 6 drives in it running Xpenology with an i7 H87 ASUS Plus mITX board. It ran great but I need to add some drives so tossed em in a U-NAS with this Avoton Motherboard that I've been dying to use. It all works with 2 i210 LAN and PCIe LAN e1000 Intel Pro NICs. All drives detected. I didn't have to reformat either. Overall I feel the case is good, lots of screws but it's still well built. The trays are great and the lighting and front ports and indicators are clean and nice. Overall nice finish as well.

Couple pics before I cleaned up the wires.

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

are you using Gnoboot? or using ESXi ? I want to use the exact same set up, with one of those ASRock C2750 board. are you able to passthrough SATA ports?

Hi Wenlez

I have the exact same hardware and case, it rocks !

I have successfully installed Gnoboot 10.5 on this and it works like a dream.

It has plenty of horsepower so good if you need to transcode HD films to play on tablets etc

Cheers

Sinnuendo

• 2 weeks later...
are you using Gnoboot? or using ESXi ? I want to use the exact same set up, with one of those ASRock C2750 board. are you able to passthrough SATA ports?

No sorry I don't use either.

Just an update. I switched to gnoBoot because it was able to detect the LSI 9211-i8 flashed to IT and I was able to upgrade to 5.0 Update 2.

No sorry I don't use either.

Just an update. I switched to gnoBoot because it was able to detect the LSI 9211-i8 flashed to IT and I was able to upgrade to 5.0 Update 2.

Question; I'm running the exact same board. Why did you flash the SATA controller to IT mode? The OS should normally detect all drives if no RAID is setup, no?

Question; I'm running the exact same board. Why did you flash the SATA controller to IT mode? The OS should normally detect all drives if no RAID is setup, no?

When I first setup the system this way, not using onboard SATA, there were no drives detected using the LSI HBA. Scouring threads here and there, there were many that said they needed to flash it to IT mode for DSM to see it. I did this before using gnoBoot, was using trantor 5.0 beta, so not sure how the card behaves with its original firmware. I am going to be testing a mirrored pair of this hardware to see if I can get HA to work so when I get the second card I can test in IR mode.

• 6 months later...
that is, the version 5.1 will be the same as the nanobot will not be to recompile the kernel because it will not be available sources patch to bypass security. because it is heavy, secret work :smile:. I'm sorry, but I do not accept this, especially since there is no official price list - I need a system where I can compile the kernel itself and not be at the mercy of someone. I know that the Russian forum a lot going on, but the Russians do not share their knowledge with others and my knowlenge Russian spoke is a little rusty :smile:

Let me translate it for you, my unthankful, greedy and ignorant friend :smile:

Demand the source codes and toolkits directly from Synology. Maybe they will share it and other secrets with you personally since you don't accept anything otherwise.

As for Russians not sharing - this is completely BS. The entire forum was created, paid and maintained by Russians and many of them post on both forums. Some take an extra care to translate the most interesting developments and news to other forums.

It is a good time to refresh your "rusty Russian spoke". While trying to troll there, you may learn a lot about yourself since much meaning is lost in translation.

Do not thank me. This is a public service.

that is, the version 5.1 will be the same as the nanobot will not be to recompile the kernel because it will not be available sources patch to bypass security. because it is heavy, secret work :smile:. I'm sorry, but I do not accept this, especially since there is no official price list - I need a system where I can compile the kernel itself and not be at the mercy of someone. I know that the Russian forum a lot going on, but the Russians do not share their knowledge with others and my knowlenge Russian spoke is a little rusty :smile:

Demand the source codes and toolkits directly from Synology. Maybe they will share it and other secrets with you personally since you don't accept anything otherwise.

As for Russians not sharing - this is completely BS. The entire forum was created, paid and maintained by Russians and many of them post on both forums. Some take an extra care to translate the most interesting developments and news to other forums.

It is a good time to refresh your "rusty Russian spoke". While trying to troll there, you may learn a lot about yourself since much meaning is lost in translation.

"For mother Russia" :smile:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not understand or do not want to understand what I wrote, but it does not surprise me :smile: Your greedy (??) troll.

BTW: "this public service" is a joke because public means open open no secret - the time when you can't recompile a kernel such nanobot that is not public. compilation of modules is not enough, and in this regard I am greedy. Synology does not provide everything public but the kernel can compile yourself while nanobot not, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW: "this public service" is a joke

Of course it is. Glad that you understand humor. :grin:

My complimentary explanation to you - is a service. And taking it public is a "Public Service". Just in case - this is a joke (pun) too. :grin:

And reconsider the tone of your postings if you hope for replies or any help. People have very different level of tolerance.

Your greedy (??) troll.
Most people would disagree with this impolite and immature statement.

Synology does not provide everything public but the kernel can compile yourself while nanobot not, why?

My point exactly :grin:

Synology doesn't provide it, everything you see here is a hard work of other people from all other the world.

What right do you have to demand anything here or offend somebody who don't owe you anything?

Do you really think somebody care what you will or not accept?

Go buy an original box and then make demands for service from manufacture. Their support BTW is very helpful (to paying customers) and they listen and implement features based on popular peoples requests.

.... Synology doesn't provide it, everything you see here is a hard work of other people from all other the world.

What right do you have to demand anything here or offend somebody who don't owe you anything?

Do you really think somebody care what you will or not accept?

Go buy an original box and then make demands for service from manufacture. Their support BTW is very helpful (to paying customers) and they listen and implement features based on popular peoples requests.

It reminds me a bit of the situation - look - I stole some software, I converted it to work - and it works, but you do not sharing, even for money - this according to me is not right, nothing more.

By the way, I bought a QNAP machine :smile:

Good luck for xpeno DSM 5.1

It reminds me a bit of the situation - look - I stole some software, I converted it to work - and it works, but you do not sharing, even for money - this according to me is not right, nothing more.

Everything what available so far is shared here. There is no known development kept secret.

By the way, I bought a QNAP machine :smile:
Good choice.
Good luck for xpeno DSM 5.1
Thank you.

Any chance it will support Supermicro A1SRM-LN7F-2758-O ?

It's very similar hardware, well at least the CPU is. It has 7 ethernet ports.. can make it into a router :smile:

Specifications
Mfr Part Number: A1SRM-LN7F-2758-O
CPU (Included): Intel Atom C2758 Processor; Supports up to 20W TDP (Eight-Core)
Chipset: System-on-Chip
Memory: 4x 240pin DDR3-1600/ 1333 UDIMM Slots, ECC/Non-ECC, Max Capacity of 64GB
Slots: 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x8 Slot (runs at x4)
SATA: 2x SATA3 Ports, 4x SATA2 Ports
Video: Aspeed AST2400 BMC Graphics
LAN: Intel C2000 SoC i354 Quad Gigabit Ethernet Controller & Intel I210-AT Gigabit Ethernet Controller & Intel i350-AM2 Dual Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Ports: 7x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 via header, 1 Type A), 1x VGA Port, 2x Serial Ports (1 rear, 1 via header), 7x RJ45 LAN Ports
Form Factor: MicroATX, 9.6 x 8.0 inch / 24.38 x 20.32 cm

edit: On second thought I actually like your system better.. will have to wait and see :smile: