XPEnology Community

Develop and refine the DVA1622 loader

22 hours ago, dimakv2014 said:

Nope, if its one of the latest versions you have to use web interface with your http://ip, also edit user_config.json

I installed with TCRP the latest version and everything works, only there is not a single license.

Unfortunately I don't know how to edit user_config.json, i need to modify SN to have 8 licenses?

5 minutes ago, vista1967 said:

I installed with TCRP the latest version and everything works, only there is not a single license.

Unfortunately I don't know how to edit user_config.json, i need to modify SN to have 8 licenses?

Same way as always, while in loader builder open WinSCP or similar sftp client. Connect to ip with port 22, enter

User: tc

Password: P@ssw0rd 

open file user_config.json and manually change SN

Also you can change any other settings if needed, and parameter FriendUpdate to "false" because recently it was updated to v0.0.9 and if next update will be released it can go to loop upon restart and will try to update it infinite until you go to builder again. So in order to avoid it and normally restart and boot dsm all the time its better be disabled 

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dimakv2014 said:

Same way as always, while in loader builder open WinSCP or similar sftp client. Connect to ip with port 22, enter

User: tc

Password: P@ssw0rd 

open file user_config.json and manually change SN

Also you can change any other settings if needed, and parameter FriendUpdate to "false" because recently it was updated to v0.0.9 and if next update will be released it can go to loop upon restart and will try to update it infinite until you go to builder again. So in order to avoid it and normally restart and boot dsm all the time its better be disabled 

Here I opened it, it's strange that there is no serial number in mine?

I can't insert the UBR because there is nothing, and I don't know how to make a serial number, do I need a generator?

16 minutes ago, vista1967 said:
Here I opened it, it's strange that there is no serial number in mine?

I can't insert the UBR because there is nothing, and I don't know how to make a serial number, do I need a generator?

open this file, on top change Model to DVA1622

and DSM version to 7.2.0-64570

save file

go to http://yourip -> Build tab but dont hit button BUILD yet.

See if file shows any serial in file if not just click build it should be generated automatically if not then next time after hitting build you must manually open file again and change to UBR like you did last time with APRL 

You can use same sn from previous installation ;)

Edited by dimakv2014
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, gadreel said:

@Orphée Thanks, I created a task and then I received a message that I cannot have more than one or two tasks which is very limited.

I have placed an order for a GTX 1650 GDDR5, to test DVA3221 which has a lot more tasks...

How did you install it? Can you give me detailed instructions? Thank you In return, I will guide you how to run more than 5 ai tasks on igpu

4 hours ago, mmotk2016 said:

How did you install it? Can you give me detailed instructions? Thank you In return, I will guide you how to run more than 5 ai tasks on igpu

Just read from #800 instruction on Pocopico's loader with web interface there is a tutorial, nothing changed since then applies to all builds DVA1622 and DVA3221. As for getting more tasks using Action Rule in SS, Orphee probably knows this trick)

Edited by dimakv2014

1 hour ago, Orphée said:

Actually no, never needed it yet... I'm using DVA3221 with Nvidia GPU...

I've heard about it, but don't remember how to apply it.

Or I'm missing the point

the point is to use GPU to the max, lets say DVA3221 allows you only 6 tasks on Face Rec and you have more than 6 cameras or want to use additional DVA functions on those cameras along with Fac Rec. In my case I have 2 Face Recognition tasks working at once in DVA1622 while its not possible with default settings. Cpu load is up to 95% on Celeron J4105, but in case of DVA3221 with Nvidia gpu it utilizes about 50-60% on 6 Face Rec tasks so you can add more.

Go to Surveillance Station, first create tasks (Face Rec, Lic Plate Rec etc...) but disable them and then click on Main Menu, choose Action Rule (Please ask if you have any questions):

1) create motion detection zones and conditions for their detection on cameras, while choosing "Surveillance station" as the detection algorithm and not camera algorithms; 
2) create the necessary AI and face recognition tasks for each camera but do not enable them (you still cannot enable more than 2 tasks if on dva1622); 
3) in the surveillance station, open the "Action rules" package and create the following rule in it: 
a) in the conditions select "started" as the rule type, and "Interruptible" as the action type (these values are specified by default); 
b) in the "events" tab, select "camera" as the source, select cameras as the "device" (for example, I selected all cameras), select "motion detection" as the event;
c) in the "actions" tab, as the "action device", select "Deep Video Analytics" or "Face recognition", as the "task" select one of the AI or face recognition tasks that you created in step 2 of this guide, as " actions" select "enable task", 
d) then on the same tab at the top left click the "add" button and create by analogy "Action 2", "Action 3", "Action 4" and "Action 5" (in just one rule, you can set up to 5 actions, if there is a need for more actions, then create a new rule by analogy); 
e) in the tab "schedule" you set "active always". 

scr1.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 15-40-57.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 15-41-04.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 15-41-08.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-23 15-41-12.png

Edited by dimakv2014
Screens added
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orphée said:

Thanks, never played with it yet, currently no need.

No problem) basically what this trick does is just Enables all Disabled tasks upon motion detection on any of your cameras (and you can create theoretically unlimited number of Disabled tasks). The only limit is GPU, put GTX1660 and its possible to run about 24 tasks. Its good if you want to have 8 cams with Face Rec, Licence Plate Rec, Object detection and so on, on each of them simultaneously.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 2:45 AM, dimakv2014 said:

Just read from #800 instruction on Pocopico's loader with web interface there is a tutorial, nothing changed since then applies to all builds DVA1622 and DVA3221. As for getting more tasks using Action Rule in SS, Orphee probably knows this trick)

I installed dva1622 successfully and used the i915.ko patch above with the vmware8 igpu passthrough system but it was not successful and the system also had dump and auto reboot errors. 
i5-10400 10th my cpu

19 hours ago, mmotk2016 said:

I installed dva1622 successfully and used the i915.ko patch above with the vmware8 igpu passthrough system but it was not successful and the system also had dump and auto reboot errors. 
i5-10400 10th my cpu

In order for someone to help you out, you need to provide more info:

1. You use Vmware ESXi 8 with igpu Passthrough, do you have second gpu in the system? You cannot passthrough only available gpu.

2. Most people here prefer Proxmox over VMware since it has much larger user community and more features in virtualization, its just more popular.

3. You said you have created dumps and it would be helpful if you would post them in the message.

4. Explain step-by-step what you did, version of loader, which loader you have used, vm settings and also about i915.ko patch how you applied from which developer etc... 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:28 PM, pocopico said:

On DVAs and only where a display port is available (DVA1622) the display and the keybord/mouse are used for controlling the surveillance outputs.

Asrock 4105M here.

Display is working with onboard VGA and HDMI. Mouse and keyboard working fine as well.

I just recognise a different language setting on the keyboard when sitting in front of the surveillance station screen.

Inside DSM the language setting is correct.

I was using ARPL from auxillum.

I didnt read all posts in here.

Thank you for all your effort and love to this project. Much appreciated

10 hours ago, ZARuslan said:

Sorry i was incorrect maybe. Is it possible to start P400 for transcoding in Emby/Plex? 
AI in SS is not inteded (it requires 4-9 gen Intel CPU).
Thanks.

Not related to DVA1622 loader, you should check dedicated Nvidia custom library module topic (there is already one somewere, search for it).

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Black6spdZ said:

Are you saying you need Haswell just to run DSM but not have AI capabilities correct?

Since this comment I did, It as been confirmed that :

DVA1622 : can work with older than 4th gen CPU, but no AI then. Must have 4th to 9th gen intel CPU with iGPU to have AI features.

DVA3221 : can't work without at least 4th gen CPU. Needs Nvidia GPU for AI (GTX 1650)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...