Joe Bethersonton

8th gen i5 + Asrock H370M-ITX/ac works w/ DSM 6.2.1.23824

The bonding strategies available to DSM (i.e. LACP) use some combination of source/target IP and MAC addresses to choose which of the NICs to use.  It doesn't connect them together simultaneously for twice the bandwidth.  For many clients connecting to a bonded NIC destination, there is an equal chance to select one or the other.  Therefore the traffic theoretically gets distributed across both NICs and (again, theoretically) twice the traffic is possible.

For a single PC connected to single NAS, you probably won't ever see an increase in speed.

Always worth benchmarking your changes, and make sure you don't get fooled by cached performance.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, Joe Bethersonton said:

I never got both NICs working. :-(  I am not entirely sure how to do, but I tried adding a second MAC to the cfg file, but that wasn't enough.

As I don't really need the feature, I haven't tried more than that.

Try with the 1.03a2 DS918+ (don't know where to download though), someone with the same NICs of our motherboard (but with other motherboard H270M-ITX/ac -the previous generation model-) says here that it works. So it should work for us too!! (I am not at home, and I will not be able to try in some days...).

Edited by ed_co

Hi

I got my H370m-itx Board with a Core i3 8300T and 16GB up and running fine with Loader 1.04b and DS918+.

I.m also not able to get the second NIC up und running.

I tried all 4 driver extension packs, but evertime the same. One NIC is working, the otherone not :(

I add the second MAC and the nic count to 2 in the grub config file. Nothing will help....

Alex

If you want to accelerate copying/moving files via SMB,

You can try SMB multi channel, by editing smb.conf manually.

I don't have experience, but some Synology users got doubled or 4 times transfer speed, gathering 2,4 links with this.

SMB multi channel working in 6.1 release - Synology Forum

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=128482

SMB 3 Multichannel support on DSM 6.2? : synology

SMB Multichannel: How It Works & Troubleshooting Guide | Level One Techs

https://level1techs.com/video/smb-multichannel-how-it-works-troubleshooting-guide

Let us know the result, if you try this  : -)

Edited by benok

On 12/4/2018 at 5:42 PM, Lexizilla said:

Hi

I got my H370m-itx Board with a Core i3 8300T and 16GB up and running fine with Loader 1.04b and DS918+.

I.m also not able to get the second NIC up und running.

I tried all 4 driver extension packs, but evertime the same. One NIC is working, the otherone not :(

I add the second MAC and the nic count to 2 in the grub config file. Nothing will help....

Alex

It is impossible to get it work, because the driver extensions are not for 1.04b... I don't know why did you use the extensions for other loader... just try with 1.03a2, and see if it works, but not with 1.04b. I said that in my previous post in the same thread... just READ.