XPEnology Community

DSM Version: 7.2-64561 Released (The official version)

Le 30/06/2023 à 22:38, djvas335 a dit :

Just friend, with friend no postupdate necessary

hello GOOD NEWS, it worked thanks a lot i'm silly sometimes LOL thanks again to help me !!

I installed it and reboot => go to nas ip it saying (recoverable) I clik it => go on TCRP friend and he says that Ramdisk and rz image changed, I waiting it changed by him-self => go on browser to see and worked login page.

On 5/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, Peter Suh said:

(Warning) There is a problem with the mpt3sas driver (module). (ARPL, TCRP are the same)

Users who use the SAS controller Dell Perc H200, H310, etc. that use the module should not upgrade until the stabilization module is released.

I think pocopico should fix it again.

Tested on DS3622xs+ (Broadwellnk).

https://github.com/pocopico/redpill-modules/blob/master/broadwellnk-4.4.302/mpt3sas.ko

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/blob/main/broadwellnk-4.4.302/mpt3sas.ko

Tried to get form 7.1 to 7.2 yesterday, but failed with loss of my DSM Apps & Settings. DSM was not able to recognize my passtrough drives on ESXi. 

After some information here and in GIT about mpt3sas problems, I decided to revert back to 7.1.1 with loss of my Settings.

I am currently confused, if my struggle was caused by the mpt3sas Issues, or just my personal config fault.

Is the mpt3sas Issue still there?

Great forum and projects, but sometimes hard to get the current valid information in threads across month an several product versions. 

Thanks for reading

Mat 

3 hours ago, sagrotan said:

Tried to get form 7.1 to 7.2 yesterday, but failed with loss of my DSM Apps & Settings. DSM was not able to recognize my passtrough drives on ESXi. 

After some information here and in GIT about mpt3sas problems, I decided to revert back to 7.1.1 with loss of my Settings.

I am currently confused, if my struggle was caused by the mpt3sas Issues, or just my personal config fault.

Is the mpt3sas Issue still there?

Great forum and projects, but sometimes hard to get the current valid information in threads across month an several product versions. 

Thanks for reading

Mat 

The current situation is as follows.
Right below the post at the time, I mentioned the mpt3sas module issue once again.

When loading the module, the error message was confirmed, but there was no problem in operation.
ARPL-i18n's wjz304 also highlighted this benefit.
But I still don't know why this error message occurs.

So far, there has been no reporting of any problems while using the mpt3sas module for 7.2.

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

So it was my own inability to include the module successfully. As far as I read in the meantime, it is part of the all modules package which can added with the "ext" statement. Will try it again in a few days.

Thanks again

Mat

7 minutes ago, sagrotan said:

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

So it was my own inability to include the module successfully. As far as I read in the meantime, it is part of the all modules package which can added with the "ext" statement. Will try it again in a few days.

Thanks again

Mat

The final versions of ARPL and TCRP no longer add individual modules.

All modules including mpt3sas are already included in the tgz file, which is an integrated module pack.

You don't have to make that kind of effort that you're planning on your next try.

https://github.com/PeterSuh-Q3/arpl-modules/releases/tag/v1.40

48 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

the SAS controller Dell Perc H200, H310, etc

On a dell R320 are not working, Says no drives found.  It's flashed in IT mode.  tried setting up RS4021

now if I use loader arpl-i18n-23.6.8 sas works fine.  

I would like to use your loader but it's not possible at the moment...

It seems that wjz304 has some improvements related to the format error of mpt3sas that was modified a while ago.

I will review it and apply it to M SHELL for TCRP as well.

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-modules/commit/d10a7519c8ab492651bc2c727e828eab3ced0263

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

It seems that wjz304 has some improvements related to the format error of mpt3sas that was modified a while ago.

I will review it and apply it to M SHELL for TCRP as well.

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-modules/commit/d10a7519c8ab492651bc2c727e828eab3ced0263

MPT3SAS will fail to load using eudev cause it is exporting duplicate scsi_transport_sas symbols. This has been solved on latest all-modules tcrp-addon.

• Thanks 1

According to the instructions of pocopico, in M SHELL

You can choose from the following 3 modes:
DDSML (modprobe+insmod) Only
DDSML + EUDEV
EUDEV Only

In the sas module affected by the above, it seems that EUDEV Only needs to be adjusted so that it is not used.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

According to the instructions of pocopico, in M SHELL

You can choose from the following 3 modes:
DDSML (modprobe+insmod) Only
DDSML + EUDEV
EUDEV Only

In the sas module affected by the above, it seems that EUDEV Only needs to be adjusted so that it is not used.

Only the systems that include scsi_transport_sas (e.g. ds3622xs+) will fail to load mpt3sas/hpsa/mvsas using EUDEV. The rest will load properly the modules

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

so will there be a fix for sas ?

Do you use pocopico's TCRP?
Do you use my M SHELL?

The two TCRPs have slightly different ways of loading SAS modules.

pocopico also applied the supplementary corrections once more yesterday.

I already had no problems inside DDSML mode.

You didn't mention which of the two you tried with TCRP.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

hello everybody, since this morning when i would like to connect my NAS, I Have (Sorry, the page you're looking for was not found) on the Login page How i can fix it please. thanks a lot

PS: I erase the USB Stick, downloaded lastest Redpill and DSM, U1. Reinstalled and nothing same problem.. hum .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Are you interested in my Github Repo? ^^

I absolutely love the repo! i have 2 problems. And PLEASE READ MY FULL POST BELOW INCLUDING PHOTOS!  Recently backed up, tore down, and rebuilt ds918+ on 7.2.1-69057 Baremetal and i forget which build of yours i was using and having some weird problems.  I have the build with 4 squares like below Attached image. .

After years of great success, my 918+ is so slow sometimes only 10mb/s write speed benchmarks.

I need to know if i need any other packages etc to run this also.   

And can i use this script from 007revad/Synology_HDD_db ?   Is this script compatible with your builds? 

https://github.com/007revad/Synology_HDD_db

The reason i ask if script is compatible as because i am using (3)2 month old 1tb ssd SO SLOW for example, and on two identical ssd drive im getting 485mb read and 10mb write speed on benchmarks every day. Before, i was getting full speed with your builds. Look at image below.  And why is my Xeon running at only 1.2Ghz instead of around 2.4-3.6ghz like its supposed to? 

Is there an error log i can post to you? or similar?    Can you help me?

System DS918+ 7.2.1- 69057 Baremetal ALL SSD'S 

Gigabyte X99 UD3P E5-2680v4  28gb ram

(7) of 2tb Sata SSD's and (3) 1tb Sata Ssd's on 2 volumes each SHR-1

image.thumb.png.297987e31c29b4796b79569d9d491fbf.png

b349093887bbd0d82e23db5b050709b1.thumb.png.468d133334d39de376eae5f0126a11ef.png

Edited by Captainfingerbang

3 hours ago, Captainfingerbang said:

I absolutely love the repo! i have 2 problems. And PLEASE READ MY FULL POST BELOW INCLUDING PHOTOS!  Recently backed up, tore down, and rebuilt ds918+ on 7.2.1-69057 Baremetal and i forget which build of yours i was using and having some weird problems.  I have the build with 4 squares like below Attached image. .

After years of great success, my 918+ is so slow sometimes only 10mb/s write speed benchmarks.

I need to know if i need any other packages etc to run this also.   

And can i use this script from 007revad/Synology_HDD_db ?   Is this script compatible with your builds? 

https://github.com/007revad/Synology_HDD_db

The reason i ask if script is compatible as because i am using (3)2 month old 1tb ssd SO SLOW for example, and on two identical ssd drive im getting 485mb read and 10mb write speed on benchmarks every day. Before, i was getting full speed with your builds. Look at image below.  And why is my Xeon running at only 1.2Ghz instead of around 2.4-3.6ghz like its supposed to? 

Is there an error log i can post to you? or similar?    Can you help me?

System DS918+ 7.2.1- 69057 Baremetal ALL SSD'S 

Gigabyte X99 UD3P E5-2680v4  28gb ram

(7) of 2tb Sata SSD's and (3) 1tb Sata Ssd's on 2 volumes each SHR-1

image.thumb.png.297987e31c29b4796b79569d9d491fbf.png

b349093887bbd0d82e23db5b050709b1.thumb.png.468d133334d39de376eae5f0126a11ef.png

I suspect your SSD is performing poorly.
What is the model name of the SSD?
Is this a product that uses QLC?

On 6/1/2023 at 5:05 PM, Orphée said:

@K1000 

On 11/3/2023 at 10:09 PM, Peter Suh said:

I suspect your SSD is performing poorly.
What is the model name of the SSD?
Is this a product that uses QLC?

out of 10 discs i found two Timetec 1tb each brand new, can read at 450 but only write at 10 and 20mb/s.

Could this be:

Because they arent "compatible"

or

Something with loader

or 

Something else?

I backed up, started fresh on 918+,removed the two slow drives, and now it seems much snappier! Thanks

no qlc in those. no dram cache, only slc.

Btw should i have disc cache writing enabled for ssd's in array and  also

How often would one run data scrub on 10tb of all ssds?